An exeption occured...

Started by -, Thu 07/08/2003 12:43:36

Previous topic - Next topic

-

Hi there,

I got a mail from somebody, who got this error as he opened my SMA 2 - game, which was created last year with an older version of AGS...

"An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x004A2C8C; program
pointer is -91, ACI version 2.50.395, gtags (0,0).
AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers
above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the Tech
forum"

I know this "An exception occured..." - messages, I often get them when my computer is driving crazy... when I want to open a game by me... but only sometimes... sometimes the games open without problems.
Now I heard the first time that another person has this problem with one of my games... I don`t know if he get it always and if he tried to open it more than one time.

Can somebody tell me about this error?

TerranRich

Quote from: das TOBI - AS on Thu 07/08/2003 12:43:36..."Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the Tech forum"

A very important piece of information. Ask this person what he was doing at the time, like taking a certain item, entering a certain room, talking to a certain character, or whatever it might have been. :)

-

No, he opened the game as I already said.

Pumaman

It looks like the bug which was fixed later in 2.52. As a workaround he can try changing the sound options in Setup - that sometimes got around the problem. The only real fix would be to upgrade the game to the latest AGS version.

-

OK, thanks for your help so far!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk