The I Loved the FoY Demo Thread

Started by shitar, Sat 09/08/2003 05:25:49

Previous topic - Next topic

shitar

I'm sorry for making this thread, delete it if you must but I just have to let it all out.

m0ds you have accomplished more with that demo the LA did with FOA. The people look so beatuifully drawn. The backgrounds look soo much better than FOA backgrounds! And m0ds your music was just perfect. m0ds I'll gladly even PAY you to let me download that game. This is the best LA style graphics I have ever seen done, and don't even get me started with that small fighting scene at the end. Beautiful. Delete this if it really is that bad of a thread. There must be at least a bazzilion more people that feel the way I do about that demo.
MIRC: #ags #agsfun #hello #agsnude #agscake

MrColossal

Quote from: shitarĂ¢,,¢ on Sat 09/08/2003 05:25:49
There must be at least a bazzilion more people that feel the way I do about that demo.

no there are 140 and they all post here... in the original thread...

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=3477

why do you post so much?
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

veryweirdguy

Also, m0ds gets waaaaaaaay too much credit for this game (no offence m0ds  ;)).

I know Miez does the backgrounds & scotch does some of the character work, and I'm sure there are a few others...

Anyway, this thread is pointless anyway. I don't know why I posted.

rodekill

Actually, Mods may not do the art, but he's doing all the scripting, the music, and he's holding the project together, so no, he doesn't get too much credit.
On the other hand, you're right, there are far too few Miez and Scotch worship threads. Those two are brilliant.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

plasticman

bah, that game looks mediocre, seriously.

Privateer Puddin'

care to share why you think this?

plasticman

i don't know.
i think it's the team members. they're so... annoying.

Ben

I think he meant explain why you think it's mediocre.. I don't see what Mods being annoying has to do with the game.

plasticman

sorry, i was just playing the fool... i'm part of the team.

and it's really cool to see so much enthusiasm around the project - i hadn't visited the foy thread in the games in prod forum for a long time, and i'm really surprised.
but as rode said, m0ds and miez deserve all that praise.

m0ds

No no, not at all. All the members of the team deserve equal praise, even LucasFan who supplied the font, and Jocke Andersson that brewed the whole idea up but was only 12. Every little counts, and, everyone on the team deserves the same amount of credit. The same with any game.

People aren't put on a team unless someone, usually the project leaders, knows there work is priceless. Which, all of those on the FoY team are. An engine needs all the parts to work, and so does creating an adventure game.

Luckily this is probably the first project I've been part of that has all those "parts" - and they're bloody top of the range too ;) So many many thanks miez, alan, scotch, rode, amberle and anyone else thats helped out :) I'm sure once the game is released, you will realise how thankful people, and myself really are :)

But now, this thread go locky :)

m0ds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk