[w.i.p.] Small, old building

Started by Denzil Quixode, Sat 09/08/2003 21:24:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Denzil Quixode

Try to ignore the flat, blank surrounding walls & sky :) Not because I couldn't be bothered, but because I'm still unsure what I want them to look like, & I'd like to know what people think of the foreground stuff...

MrColossal

i really like the beveled roof, I enjoy that alot

as for the fence i wish it had depth to it. it looks like flat paper not wood.

that's all i'm gonna comment on till you finish it more, otherwise it'd be unfair

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Ginny

The roof looks very nice, it could use some tiles but not neccessarilly, it might look better like this.
The grass looks a bit flat.
Other than this, the picture is great. I'd add a cloud or two in the sky(yes I know it's not finished).
What program did you use? is it MSPaint? it doesn't quite look like it, the fence especcially.

Anyway the picture could use more shading, and here's another idea for the sky: I've read in several tutorials already that it is a good idea to use a gradient for the sky, going from blue at the top, to pale blue at the bottom. This can be done easily in Photoshop, but could be done in paint too, by adding more colors to the sky.
Still, just a suggestion. :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Squinky

Yep, I like what you have started but I dunno, maybe the brick could have some more definition to it? it seems really undefined to me.

But good stuff all in all, have fun with filters man...

Minimi

I really love the door of the house and the roof. This gives me the idea of that old adventure (forgot the name) where a big bird in the beginning takes you away to some nice place or something...(adventure from 1990)

anyway... you probably dunno where im talking about... so I also like the colour of the house and I DO LIKE THE FENCE! It looks really cool because its flat. Keep it flat plz, because that fits nicely in this style! Nice grass also! hmmm... whats not nice at this pic?? :P

btw heres my idea.... make the fence go all around the house, and behind the fence more grass, and a little hill, with a nice sheep on it! I would leave the sky for what it is! I like this simplicity! ;)

Evil

I like the flat fence. Only things I think it needs is a door and some more contrast...

Denzil Quixode

Thanks for the comments. I will try some stuff based on your suggestions in a while.

Ginny, I use GIMP to do all my gfx (currently...)

Ginny

Ah good, GIMP is similar to PS I heard, so you can probably do a gradient there.
I like the simple sky though, but I would add a cloud.

Minime: lol, nice idea, though if there'll be sheep then you need to balance things. You don't want a poor lonely sheep, right? ;) :P

I like the bricks being very vague, as if they're very old, you might wanna define them a bit more in some parts, and leave it very faint on some.
Then again, it isn't paint, it's bricks...
Hmm, is the house supposed to be old or new? An old house could have a few marks or cracks on it maybe.

I like the door too, thoutgh it looks somewhat like there is no door or the door is open on the inside. Either way it looks nice, though if it is a closed door, it could be more defined. I like the idea of it being open though, because the effects (scrathces/cracks?) you did on the opening are nice. That's also what made me assume the house was old. :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Erwin_Br

To me it doesn't really look like a *real* house. It's like the whole scene is built from LEGO or something. I think that's because the colour of the bricks are perhaps too yellow. The fence doesn't have a wooden texture, it looks like it's made from plastic. The same goes for the roof. The grass texture looks great, but again the colour is too bright. I've never seen neon-green grass in my life.

Other then the colours you've used I think you did a great job. Your scene uses an interesting angle, and the house is nicely shaped too.

--Erwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk