Animation

Started by , Mon 11/08/2003 02:49:10

Previous topic - Next topic

John Maine

I'd like to make a particularly long animation on the title page of a game I am making for a friend's birthday. I have all the frames, but I can't figure out if there's a way to create the animation with AGS. If not, is there any possible way I could create the animation with another program, then upload it into my game? If so, what program is recommended?

Kelly

You can make complicated animations in AGS using characters, animted objects, and backgrounds then save them in AVI format with HyperCam (freeware).

You could also use Fast Movie Processor (freeware) to compile all your bitmaps or jpegs into a movie. You might also consider using ULEAD (also freeware) to create animated GIFs if you need them to compile into your movie.

All of the above programs are freeware and can be found using any search engine. I use them all the time to create little cartoons for my AGS or Game Maker games.

Hope this helped!  =)

John Maine

Thanks so much! Fast Movie Processor worked great!

John Maine

Hey, uh...how do I upload this into AGS? I can't figure it out.

MrColossal

if you've saved it as an AVI or MPEG file then use PlayVideo (string filename, int skip, int flags);

if you've saved it as a flic then use PlayFlic (int flic_number, int options);

look in the ags manual for further details

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk