August MAGS: Buccaneer

Started by Hobbes, Wed 13/08/2003 02:20:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Ok,

After almost two weeks of working, I've finished my MAGS game. I know August isn't even half over, but my work is going to begin this friday. So, my free time will become limited.

And since I wanted to finish this one rather badly, I decided to spend a lot of time on it right now, and finish it!

The game's called "Buccaneer". You play an ex-Buccaneer by the name of Richard McRoch, an Englishman who now lives in Amsterdam...

...and strangely, one morning, you find a very important item missing. Soon, the quest is on as Richard sets out to retrieve his most prized possession!

Note: I am aware of the rather melodramatic ending. But I kinda like it. :)

Download: http://www.unosar.com/buccaneer/buccaneer.zip

Enjoy!

Screenshots:

-

remixor

Nice job, Hobbes.  I liked the art quite a bit, and I thought the ending was fine. :)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Timosity

Nice game Hobbes, I like the style, great for two weeks work, would have liked it to go longer, but I understand other committments.

Well done

Necro

Great Hobbes!!

Best mags game I've played in a long time , i think youve got the competition beat!

Hobbes

Thanks for the kind comments, people!

A small note, perhaps. In the Credits I thank SHS for helping me out with a small scripting issue.

This should of course read "SSH", or Super Scottisch Hero.

SSH

You'll only get my vote if you spell my name right...  ;D

The game is great. I really like your artwork. Maybe when you have more time you can extend this game to a larger non-MAGS one!

Hobbes

Updated version now online. ;)

Updates:

1. A little bug in the painting at the office made it possible to learn about the quest even before Richard knew about it.
2. SHS is now SSH, as it should be.

Enjoy!

SSH

Have you turned off debug mode this time, too? I couldn't find the key, so I cheated and used the debug key to get it. Even though I had the papers, still had to do all the rest to get to the end, though!

Hobbes

You're not supposed to get them that early! :)

But anyway, updated again.... Debug mode is now off. :)

Squinky

Okay....
Spoiler
How do I get out of the fricken office? heh...{/hide]
[close]

remixor

I just remembered a minor bug I found when I was playing yesterday:

Spoiler
In Fish's office, once you open the drawer and get the manifests, you say "Look, I found them!  That bastard!" etc., but if you click open on the drawer again, he says it again, and will keep saying it if you click open on the drawer.  You should put in a condition that after the first time he opens the drawer, he just says something like "I've already found all the evidence I need!" or something like that.
[close]
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Hobbes

LOL! I'll get that fixed, Remixor. Thanks!

Squinky:

Spoiler
Push the note aside
[close]

Squinky

Cool game, I especially liked the charcters and dialoge....

the interface was cool too, I didn't know you could make dialog options look like that....

Hobbes

Once again, thank you. :)

And SSH, I am considering turning these characters and setting into an expanded game, however... I'm not quite sure of that yet. I might go back to one of my earlier projects before I do that.

Or I might just try something completely new. :)

On another note: The bug Remixor mentioned is fixed. So, as far as I'm aware, the game is now (finally) completely bug-free.

Monkeyman1138

Looking at the brandy causes the game to crash.

jason

Cool game, Hobbes! It was a little short and pretty straight-forward, but I know this was due to wanting to release the game which is OK by me... now, hurry up and make an expanded game :P

Hobbes

Monkeyman, I was unable to reproduce the error you mentioned... so maybe it is something in your system?

I've also added the game to the MAGS page. So you can now vote for it. Yay. :)

Ginny

Ooh, great!
I finally managed to donload it, and I must say it was very much worth the effort.
Great game, would love to see an expanded version someday :).
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Thalion

Thalion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk