Character will not appear in room...

Started by Haddas, Sat 16/08/2003 13:23:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Haddas

This character I made, a megaphone hanging on a wall, refuses to appear in the office to fire Rowdy. The only thing shown is:
"5...4...3...2...1...0...Rowdy, if you're hearing this, you are late and officially fired... again"

squinks

make sure the x and y cordinates are correct and that the character is listed as being in that room.

Haddas

Mmmhmmm.........................................done. nope!
I put it far from the edges so that he wouldn't even by MISTAKE appear outside screen, though he did anyway...
Yes, the office is room 4....
He's in room 4...
*pondering* any other suggestions?

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Does the megaphone have a talking view set up correctly?

Haddas

talking view: 7
view 7: sprites of talking megaphone
Bends neck to left and right* *CNAX!*

Wolfgang Abenteuer

Be sure you've checked the "Object is initially visible" button in the room editor, or if it's not initially visible, check the code that you use to turn it on.  Also be sure that its baseline is set properly and it's not behind any walk-behind areas.

~Wolfgang

Haddas

dtm1980

for it is not an object but a character, you cannot use the object-initially- visible button.

The megaphone however is in the right room, else it wouldnt be talking.
Check the invisible areas in your room editor. Could be behind it, as you said the megaphone is hanging on a wall.  Maybe you even have a door there through which the player character can disappear. If so you most likely have used an invisible area which covers your wall .... and the megaphone. Try it and report me what you found out...

squinks

Just because it's talking dosen't mean its in the right room, It will still display their words...

Haddas

It shouldn't be a problem since I checked that it is plain background. The room is right too... Damn i hate when this happens! >:(

PS. My gui is on screen all the time though it shoudln't appear until the mouse gets to YPos: 190. and the move_player character is also disabled all of a sudden so that when I start he just says his lines and then he just, stands there! ??? ??? ???

I have a major dilemma... ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk