Basic Questions...

Started by , Fri 15/08/2003 02:11:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Brushguy

I'm making an AGS game.  It's shaping up to be pretty good so far, but it's my first, I don't know a lot about AGS, and I want to ask some questions...

1. I can't get my object to move even though in the Interaction Editor I told it to "Move object to specific co-ordinates."  What do I do / what did I do wrong?

2. Is there a downloadable scripting
tutorial?

3. Is there only 1 global variable?

Thanks for any help you can give. :)

Ginny

About moving the character, check if there's a walkable area between the object's current location and where you want it.

Scripting:
http://www.agsforums.com/actutor.htm
it's not donloadable as far as I know, but it doesn't need to be, the very same tutorial is available in the manual, just look for 'scripting tutorial'.

Of course there isn't just 1, There are 300 Global Variables available. :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Scummbuddy

going with what you were asking about a downloadable scripting tutorial... Do you have the AGS Helpfile? also known as the manual...

Everything you asked and more is in there.  There is a great tuturial within that as well to guide you through making a simple game.  I would very much ask that you give that a look through before you move any further with ags.  :)
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

TerranRich

Man You Ell. You ell? You ELL!!! MANUAL! ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk