I need to figure out how to make my own characters

Started by Sepheroth, Wed 20/08/2003 03:13:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepheroth

Plz someone help i think i read just about every part in the manual about characters and i dont now where i can make my own characters for my game.  Do i just use paint? I cant find any .cha files anywhere.  Plz help!

Ishmael

I think you would have gotten the same answer without the plz's... and mine would have been:

Draw the frames of all of the characters frames in your favourite picture editor, import them to AGS' sprite editor, and arrange the frames in the views, standing frames first in the 'default view', then the walking frames, and in a separate view put the talking frames, and in another put the idle anim frames, if you think you need them, and therefore draw them. Then in the character editor create a new char, or, if you are creating the player char, you might maybe modify Roger for that, and replace rogers walking view with your own.

And creating own character etc is explained in the tutorial parts 6 and 7 in the AGS manual... ;)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Scummbuddy

I'm sorry, but did you read the forum rules?  This is the wrong place to ask this question.  Browse the critics forum for more questions pertaining to this subject
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk