Background Blitz Aug 21 - Sep 4

Started by Witchsmeller, Thu 21/08/2003 12:38:33

Previous topic - Next topic

cpage

noed

Applecrap...I love that style!  It seems this time around that is the only qualification you could use to cast your vote, as all of them looked awesome!
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

Broncomatic

I also like his style so i vote him  :)

@witchsmeller Exactly, well anyway I'm a Photoshop user ;)

Witchsmeller

yeah, I definitely agree that "style" is probably the only "measure" to use to give a vote to one of these entries.

All of these would be great to see in a game!

Applecrap, it is only now that I actually figured out its not just an ordinary room! It's a squrrel's living room! (don't ask me how I did not notice it before... I was probably tired... as I am now)

There's even AGS cup... cool.

~Darko aka Witchsmeller

Applecrap

Hey hey hey!
These forums sure are a magical place where nothing happens for weeks then boom 10 unread posts, so some replies 'an stuff.
Witchsmeller: Yes it is a squirrel's living room, the beaver in the picture on the wall is just crashin there cause his flat broke - Short flashback-.
At the moment Ben the beaver has been hangin at Sam the squirrel's place for about a month. Ben is currently unemployed and technically homeless, but his mate Sam kindly offered to provide him with a roof over hs head. As beavers don't climb trees, a complex elevator involving pulleys and counterweights is used to winch him up and down, not that he would ever want to leave since he's got all he can eat for about another month. Sam however feels that Ben has overextended his welcome and wants him out by any means possible, since he isn't really helping by eating and sleeping on Sam's previous favourite couch, but Ben still has nowhere to go as his previous place is flooded by water (man sure builds bigger dams).

other fans: thanks.

now to illustrate my point:

that beaver sure takes a lot of space.

My vote: Mr. Frisby - I'm a real fan of pixels, the outcome always has nicer crispier lines when dithering than using photoshops brushes or tricks (guilty, but hey it's so fast!).

That's all, folks.

Edit: The .psd file for whoever wants to see millions of layers.
TOP SECRET

Mr_Frisby

Wow, that is alot more responces than last I checked.

I forget, who is it that tallies the voties, is it the person who starts the thing or is ir OTG._.?
- just wondrin' as this is going on for a while longer than usual - whats say we get anotherone on the way as they are fun and I wanna do more pixels!!
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

noed

here here, I can't draw couches, so i've been waiting patiently, but I'm getting anxious!
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Its usually whoever starts it who has to coordinate it. :P

But this time I can do counting. ._. will help.

Ok, we have a winner folks. Its Mr Frisby!

Nice work everyone, I really liked all the entries this time, a rare occurance. ;) Keep up the awesome work.

Mr Frisby, you can start a new thread with a topic of your choice or from the suggestion thread. Remember the Blitz runs for 2 weeks from the time it starts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk