walk trough locked doors.

Started by Reven, Thu 21/08/2003 17:07:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

I have a problem with my door.. or not actually the door but..
the player can walk trough the door when its supposed to be locked.. because i have to have a walkable area on the door so when the player opens the door with the card he can walk inside and then change room (do you understand what i mean??)  i want it to be like in the game Beneath a steel sky with the elevator...

Scummbuddy

make 2 seperate walkable areas... they can have the same scaling level... disable the one behind the door, and when it becomes unlocked and when the object/door is open, then enable the walkable area behind the door.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Peder 🚀

ok. i thought that would be the answer but since iam not using scripts i dont know how to turn it off.. can you show me what i have to write yust so i know it.. i have tryed to write scripts before but it dosent work.. i dont know what iam doing wrong but the program says it something wrong with the script on line.... and so on..

Pumaman

To turn one off, write this exactly in the script:

RemoveWalkableArea(1);

(where 1 is the number of the area)

and to bring it back, do:

RestoreWalkableArea(1);

Red_Armadillo

Another thing you could do would be create a duplicate room but have the door open in the second room so when the character uses the key on the door it took him to the second room.
PEPSI kicks Coca~Cola's Butt!

Ishmael

I think too tricky and disk space-consuming...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk