AGS 2.56d Final is released!

Started by Pumaman, Thu 21/08/2003 19:02:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumaman

Right well, there were a few minor problems with 2.56, so I thought it was worthwhile releasing a new build to correct them.

ONLY COMMENTS AND BUG REPORTS ABOUT THIS RELEASE IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE DO NOT POST SUGGESTIONS IN THIS THREAD.

Changes since v2.56 Final:
* Added GetScalingAt text script function.
* Fixed Lucasarts-style speech being wrongly offset when character is near to the edge of the screen.
* Fixed editor crash if you pressed Find Next while auto-complete was displayed.
* Changed the way region tints work, to make them more useful.
* Added RawDrawRectangle text script function.
* Added game.anim_background_speed to allow you to modify the speed at which the animated backgrounds rotate.
* DisplaySpeechAt with Sierra-style speech doesn't shrink text box.
* FaceLocation with "turn to face" now works in Enters Screen event.
* Increased max fonts to 15.
* Fixed region tint in 15-bit colour.
* Fixed crash if the player typed [ or ] into the text parser.
* Fixed region tints not being saved in save games.
* Fixed region light levels messing up in editor.
* Documented custom properties.

Full changelog since v2.55:
* Added GetCharacterProperty, GetCharacterPropertyText, GetHotspotProperty, GetHotspotPropertyText, GetInvProperty, GetInvPropertyText, GetObjectProperty, GetObjectPropertyText, GetRoomProperty, GetRoomPropertyText, ListBoxRemove, SetCharacterBlinkView, SetGUIObjectPosition, SetGUISize, SetRegionTint and StrContains script functions.
* Added Custom Properties to allow you to easily specify options for hotspots, characters, rooms, objects and inventory.
* Added option for characters speed to be adjusted in line with their scaling level.
* Added option to display multiple inventory items multiple times.
* Added option to have the text parser with dialog options, so that the player can either select an option or type something in.
* Added RGB tint option for regions as an alternative to light level.
* Added "Quick Import FLC frames" to import all frames from a FLC file in one go to the current sprite folder.
* Implemented multiple select for dragging and deleting sprites in the sprite manager.
* Added "Update translation file" option, to add new lines from the game to the translation source, whilst leaving currently translated bits intact.
* Added options to translation files, to allow changing font and text direction on a per-translation basis.
* Added preliminary support for right-to-left text writing.
* Added ability to delete sprite folders (USE WITH CARE!!)
* Added "Lock objects in position" checkbox to the GUI editor, to stop you accidentally moving objects when trying to select them.
* Added extra "Blinking" view to draw an extra animation on top of the character's speech animation intermittently while they are talking. Currently Sierra-style speech only.
* Added 'goto-previous' dialog script command to return to previous topic, and 'lose-inv' command to lose the player inventory.
* Added new "Box out" and "Crossfade" screen transitions.
* Added option for characters to turn to face their new direction when using FaceLocation/FaceCharacter.
* Added "Persistent" GUI display option, to not remove it during a cutscene with "GUIs turn off when disabled".
* Added "Auto number speech lines" to automatically give a number to all speech lines in the game.
* Added feature to detect hung scripts and abort the game (for example, scripts like while (1) { } )
* Added ability to export/import the text parser word list.
* Added MIDI controller event support, so that MIDI commands such as sustain will now work.
* Sierra-style speech now shrinks the width of the text window if the text is narrower than the screen width.
* Text parser now accepts ' and - characters, and automatically accepts plurals of all words (ie. an 's' on the end).
* Added ability to change sprite numbers in the Sprite Manager.
* Increased max sprite folders to 500.
* Increased max sprites to 15000.
* Increased max dialog topics to 500.
* Increased max cursors to 20 (though the new ones will only activate the Any Click event at present).
* Script editor is no longer a modal window (but only if it's not opened from the interaction editor).
* Changing a hotspot name now correctly marks the room as modified.
* Sprite manager now remembers which folder you were in before when selecting new item graphics.
* SetPlayerCharacter now changes the mouse cursor if an inventory item of the old character was active.
* Disabled auto-complete in the dialog script editor.
* Fixed Enters Screen Before Fadein not being run if the NewRoom was launched from an inventory interaction.
* Fixed normal mouse cursor flashing up in between messages when Always Display As Speech was being used.
* Fixed Sierra-style speech box overrunning the face if it had wide borders.
* Fixed set-speech-view dialog command not working.
* Fixed buttons in default inventory screen being drawn without transparency.
* Fixed dialog bullet getting set even if you pressed ESC.
* Fixed animated backgrounds sharing the palette, even when you told them not to. You'll need to re-import the main background in any problem rooms for this fix to take effect.
* Fixed thinking view not being exported with character.
* Fixed RunAGSGame not resetting game paused flags.
* Fixed RunAGSGame not working if mode was passed as 1.
* Fixed Rebuild VOX Files to delete the music.vox if there were previously music files, but no longer are any.
* Fixed SetSoundVolume not taking effect with footstep sounds.
* Fixed editor crash if "function" was the last word in a script.
* Fixed "player.inv[index]--;" also decrementing inv[index+1]
* Fixed SetPlayerCharacter crashing if called from game_start.
* Fixed dialog options moving across the screen in non-GUI mode.
* Fixed editor crash typing >200 characters into a label.
* Fixed text window GUI being used for dialog options instead of the specified Dialog Options GUI.
* Fixed GUI button text not being translated if the button also had an image.
* Fixed HideMouseCursor not hiding cursor while message displayed.
* Fixed FollowCharacter crash when stopping char from following.
* Fixed problem with translations where \" had been used in a string.
* Fixed dividing by zero in the script causing a fatal exception.
* You are now always prompted to save changes to a room when loading another one - the Preferences setting only affects the prompt when you choose the "Save Room" option on the menu.

http://www.cj7.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ags_256d.zip

Fuzzpilz

Vel

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Spyros

Thanks Puma "This will become the official version on the website in a few days if no bugs are found" man.

Gilbert

What's the difference from aRC1? Just more bug fixes?

Pumaman

Thanks for the mirror, Fuzz :)

Gilbert: The only difference is a fix for the bug that eVOLVE reported about the light levels messing up in the editor.

eVOLVE

* eVOLVE bows... Great features though Chris, we're alll impressed! :D
James 'eVOLVE' Hamer-Morton

edmundito

Quote from: eVOLVE on Fri 22/08/2003 21:33:11
* eVOLVE bows... Great features though Chris, we're alll impressed! :D

WE???? I'm not. :P
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Pumaman

Vel

CJ: Possible bug: lucas-styled speech sometimes is not displayed above the head of the character with the "DisplaySpeech" command.

Broncomatic

I didn't tested it, but it's great.

Pumaman

Quote from: Vel on Sun 24/08/2003 19:53:52
CJ: Possible bug: lucas-styled speech sometimes is not displayed above the head of the character with the "DisplaySpeech" command.

Can you be more specific about this? When doesn't it work?

Vel

It always works, but sometimes the speech is displayed in the left/right of the character insted of above his head.

Pumaman

Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?

It is still above his head, but to the left, or is it too far down?

Is the character close to a screen edge (in which case the text will have to be shifted across to make it fit on the screen)?

Is this a new problem or has it always happened?

Vel

CJ, it is still above his head, though a bit higher than before.
It doesnt matter whether the character is close to a screen endge.
and, FINALLY, I think I know what causes this problem: The speech appears where character's TRANSPARECY ends, and sometimes this is higher than needed.

Pumaman

Quote from: Vel on Mon 25/08/2003 18:10:02
and, FINALLY, I think I know what causes this problem: The speech appears where character's TRANSPARECY ends, and sometimes this is higher than needed.

This has always been the case - AGS doesn't go down the sprite image and check where the transparency ends because that would be too slow at run-time. If this is a problem, you'll need to re-import the image but don't leave any transparent space at the top. Sorry.

It works only if you're working on DOS game.

If you run a Windows game in a window, you can also use print screen.

SSH

Quote from: Pumaman on Mon 25/08/2003 21:52:01
Quote from: Vel on Mon 25/08/2003 18:10:02
This has always been the case - AGS doesn't go down the sprite image and check where the transparency ends because that would be too slow at run-time. If this is a problem, you'll need to re-import the image but don't leave any transparent space at the top. Sorry.

Maybe there could be a variable for each character that sets their text display height relative to the default position?

Moresco

Since nobody else has yet mentioned this, I will do so as my very first post.  In this release, in the About window, it states the date of creation as July.  This is an August release?  Just thought I'd give a heads up. :) Peace,

-Moresco
::: Mastodon :::

ZZjZmoz

So totally, totally awesome, puma.

Just because I want to, I am going to write a motto for AGS v2.56a.

"The all-new AGS v2.56a. Now, you only need to cut off half of your balls to make a game." How does that sound?

Released Late August 2007

Edward Becket

Thanks... thanks for this great program and for all these updates.
I still not believe that is a free software...  ;)  :D
Excuse my english! I'm Italian! And not so good at school :-àž

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk