Callahas Crosstime Saloon

Started by manored, Thu 10/05/2007 01:39:35

Previous topic - Next topic

manored

http://www.abandonia.com/games/297/download/CallahansCrosstimeSaloon.htm

GIVE A LOOK AT THIS GAME! ITS THE BEST ADVENTURE GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!

Really. Its pretty hilarious, pretty long, and got a excellent logic. Also, you can interact in some way with everthing you see on the screen, that is pretty detailed. Only bad thing is that sound might now work in some computers (didnt worked on mine, but was still very fun to play)
I play games.

MillsJROSS

It is a very well written game. Very fun to play. It's only flaw is that it is a bit buggy. But if you like longer dialog with tons of wit, it's a great game.

-MillsJROSS

LUniqueDan

Oh yeah : CCS Rocks !

It's something marvelous. The atmosphere are sooo immersive for a 1st person game. And the puns have something unique. Maybe cuz it's not design for pre-teens.  :=

Spoiler
I really enjoyed the military base jokes when you peers through the air vents.
[close]

I still don't understand why the game is that unknown among the adventure game community. Maybe cuze they're all brainwashed by Guybrush.  :o

So... I'm asking :

Who actually played that wonderful and unique game?

LUnique"Look I have no head!"Dan
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Pesty

Callahan's Crosstime Saloon is my second all time favorite adventure game. If you loved it and don't know, it's based on a series of books by Spider Robinson that I highly recommend reading (in fact, I'm currently rereading them now). It's a fantastic game and a fantastic series of books that makes you feel just good in your tummy after enjoying them. Glad to see others appreciate it as much as I do.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh, yes, it's a gem for the serious adventure games - as opposed to the "casual" adventure gamer. It is extremely rich in content, and quality content at that.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

LUniqueDan

BTW

Just asking :

When / how did the player psychoanalysis appears on the read me file?
I found it by mistake last summer deleting the games.

Is it the game who generate it? was it random? Or was it put by the abandonware site I found CCS? ???

I'm not the first one to notice, I am?  :=
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.

manored

I remember one of the useless (dont do anything except making you laugh) interactions that jack can do finishes up telling you about that archive. It says its generated trhu your actions in the game.
I play games.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Yeah, but the thing is, do we believe it?

Kneel. Now.

LUniqueDan

Quote from: manored on Sun 13/05/2007 20:03:46
I remember one of the useless (dont do anything except making you laugh) interactions that jack can do finishes up telling you about that archive.

??? Which is  ???

QuoteIt says its generated trhu your actions in the game.

Rui is touching the point. :D

Or : a) It's randomly created.
     b) It' the same for anyone (the ol' Barnum effect)
     c) It's effectively calculated thru actions... (but I doubt of it, long stuff just to make a joke inside a game folder)

manored

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Sun 13/05/2007 21:33:54
Quote from: manored on Sun 13/05/2007 20:03:46
I remember one of the useless (dont do anything except making you laugh) interactions that jack can do finishes up telling you about that archive.

??? Which is  ???

QuoteIt says its generated trhu your actions in the game.

Rui is touching the point. :D

Or : a) It's randomly created.
     b) It' the same for anyone (the ol' Barnum effect)
     c) It's effectively calculated thru actions... (but I doubt of it, long stuff just to make a joke inside a game folder)

I dont remember, But I think its on the vampire's quest.

I do belive its calculated. If they did everthing else in the game so well...
I play games.

Eggie

Downloaded it ages ago but couldn't get it working.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Kneel. Now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk