Tune Contest 23/08 to 30/08

Started by Archangel (aka SoupDragon), Sat 23/08/2003 11:59:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Ok, by my watch the 30th of august has now drawn to a close. I'm gonna keep the competition open for another 24 hours because I know at least one of you has something in the works, and contests with only one entry are boring. So come on people!

Adamski

Hold on, hold on, give me another couple of hours and i'll have something finished :)

Edit: Ahem, presenting an alternative and slightly twisted love theme. I don't think i've quite achived the atmosphere I wanted it to create, but bleh, I didn't spend long on it.

loominous

Cheesy lovetheme for some Final fantasy styled game/movie. Ending arrangement:

http://w1.865.telia.com/~u86517123/Downloadable_2/entry_030823.ogg

The arrangement got a bit messy, hope you can distinguish the melody.  

http://w1.865.telia.com/~u86517123/Downloadable_2/Entry_030823.mid

Edit: Fixed the link - Added midi file
Looking for a writer

EldKatt

edit: the urls are now actually clickable, yay.

Here's a piano quartet (piano, violin, viola, cello). Whee. I finished it not long after the contest started, and then forgot about it completely. Here's a sketchy mp3 render:

http://biphome.spray.se/erik.igelstrom/chartheme.mp3

And here's a mid:

http://biphome.spray.se/erik.igelstrom/chartheme.mid

If anyone wants the score in a good-looking Sibelius file, tell me and I'll brush it up a bit.

Right, that's it for this week. I just thought I'd like to say a few words about each entry:

Ghormak: a really nice piece, opening with some decent chord progressions on the piano, and then filling out with some luurverly string arrangements later. The only thing I would like to have seen is a velocity control over the piano... but like you said, it was a rush job; if you had had the whole week I'm sure it would have been perfect.

Stalkers: alternative and slightly twisted this certainly is! At first I was a little taken aback, but thinking about it there are a lot of situations where this could be used, which could still come under the category of love... just as an example, it could conjure up an image of some naked manga chick in suspended animation, watched by the depraved scientist waiting for his moment to revive his obsession!

Loominous: what can I say? As always your orchestral arrangement is perfect. Not only has it got the big, film-score quality to it, but there is a melody there that would indeed befit an ff game, or similar.

EldKatt: a lovely little baroque/classical piece; it shows the safer, more classy side of love. A solid arrangement and nice melody.

Ok, so now I've got to choose a winner. You have no idea how close this is, but I'm going to have to go for...

Spoiler
Ghormak - it has a character and recognisable quality essential to the video game love interest! Well done.
[close]

Ghormak - in a hurry

Woot! It's an honour.

I don't think I can judge a contest now, as I don't know when I'll be able to find a computer in the following weeks. I suggest somebody who simply feels like it starts the next competition. :)

I seem to remember mods starting one accidentally a few days ago. Maybe he could do it now, with my official permission. ;)

Thanks again.

If m0ds wants to step in then that's fine; alternatively, since Loominous was an incredibly close second, he could do it (again :P ).

loominous

Since hosting means not being able to participate I m not very eager to do it.

Arent there any other way to arrange these that s equally practical? Having a non-participating host means one less entry n the entrynumbers aren t very high as it is.

Anyway, I hope m0ds s willing to host.
Looking for a writer

remixor

Come on, someone make a new one!  I want to finally try my hand at this :)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

EldKatt

You didn't see me post this.

Post what? This isn't a post.

Broncomatic

loominous i really like it :)

EldKatt i like your tune, too

m0ds

Good stuff! I enjoyed these pieces.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk