A suggestion... a good one...

Started by 12431, Wed 27/08/2003 17:09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

I have 2 CDs worth of AGS games, I backed mine up awhile ago, don't wanna lose them. Windows, documents, music sure, but don't wanna lost my precious AGS-games collection!

Evil

I swear to god... I want a bluecup shirt so fucking bad... Somebody make a bluecup shirt... I want a bluecup shirt...  :o Can the shirt be black though?
* Evil starts up photoshop and works on a logo

HARHAR!

DGMacphee

YOU MAY BE TALKING ABOUT MONEYCOSTING ONE 12431, but the problem is selling several games together opens up a legal can of worms.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Evil

Pumaman

Bear in mind that this guy had his car windscreen held in with tape at Mittens 2002!

And to the airport for Mittens 2003! That tape has become very dear to me now, it's like a reliable old friend that never lets you down ;)

If at any point Chris gives us the opportunity to donate cash to this project, I will be willing to sign up.

Thanks - I appreciate that, and everyone else who has offered to donate money towards AGS. It's amazing how generous you guys are.

However, as I've said many times, cash is not my motivation to work on AGS, and I'd feel guilty taking any money for it.

On the other hand, at some point in the future, if I was unemployed and struggling for cash, I wouldn't rule out accepting donations.

QuoteChris, mine's a pint of John Smiths!

QuoteEek! Don't mention bitter in front of CJ. He's a lager boy.

Hehe indeed, and don't you forget it!

Having said that, I don't mind buying people pints of bitter or ale, since it gives me a chance to get in the insults while doing so   :P

QuoteI swear to god... I want a bluecup shirt so fucking bad... Somebody make a bluecup shirt... I want a bluecup shirt...  Can the shirt be black though?

Hehehe. It does sounds kinda cool, but I just know if I wore one, everyone would ask me "why have you got a blue cup on your shirt?", and it's not something I want to have to explain :P

Esseb

"You see, I'm the leader of this Internet cult....."

Evil

Maybe we should put "It's Bluecup... Dont bother to ask, because I wont tell you."

Quintaros

Quote from: Esseb on Fri 29/08/2003 19:19:11
"You see, I'm the leader of this Internet cult....."

We really are a cult, aren't we?  But if Chris was any kind of professional cult leader, he'd definitely accept donations.

Scummbuddy

Ugg, just don't drink the punch.. its like it was spiked with bleach or stricnine or something.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

remixor

Quote from: Scummys still here on Wed 27/08/2003 23:26:02
some  jerk was selling our games on ebay... i believe Tierra's King Quest was on there.

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of, I believe.  I do remember Tierra's game was on it, and I figured it couldnt' possibly be legit since Tierra had such a strong policy about that sort of thing.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Gilbert

Moreover, if we allow their fan games be sold, Tierra surely may have lots of trouble from Sierra.

prowler

Quote from: Pumaman on Fri 29/08/2003 19:07:25
However, as I've said many times, cash is not my motivation to work on AGS, and I'd feel guilty taking any money for it.

why do you feel guilty taking money for your work.

lots of people get paid for doing what they like. even if you don't do it for the money, i don't understand why it would bother you... oh well...

veryweirdguy

SHEESH! Why are we all asking if we can pay Chris?

One reason that he may not want us to pay is that he does get something back from us - our games. Also, he considers many people from this community (especially the Mitteners) to be his friends, and would feel guilty taking money from them.

Of course I could be wrong. He could just have some deep psychological trauma related to his mother nailing him to the wall as a child or something. I don't know.

it's confirmed... you really are a veryweirdguy!
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Pumaman

Quote from: veryweirdguy on Wed 03/09/2003 16:37:18
Of course I could be wrong. He could just have some deep psychological trauma related to his mother nailing him to the wall as a child or something.

Yep, I'm afraid you've discovered the true reasoning. The doctors said that the nail had penetrated the Money Raising lobe in the brain, and that it may cause problems in later life. And to think, I never believed them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk