September MAGS

Started by magintz, Sat 30/08/2003 21:02:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny

I wouldn't care even if I were making it about Nessy, because the two creatures would still be different. My story for the Loch Ness monster sucked though, so I left it alone, might develop it someday to a better one. The creature I chose can be so varied that even if someone else chooses it they'll be totally different ;).

Well, it's a dragon. But there's a twist, which you'll find out in the end of the game.
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Minimi

I had same problem, I chose king kong, but it wasnt mythical monster, so i chose the yeti. In my game I will show you finally who the yeti is, and what he does, and why he does it!
Hope to see all your works completed! That would come to something like 5 entry's!

Hobbes

Which would mean a very intriguing month!

Ishmael

Does it count if the creature hides in shadows, talks with the character and gets shot, is dead, and carried away in the darkness? Just courious, because I have a wierd urge to skip trying to draw any mythical beasts... or do ghost's coung? :P
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Minimi

actually I have the same problem, but I figured I'd make first the whole game, and at the end I'm drawing the beast. I also have some trouble with it, though i think I'll manage it, cause I grabbed some example pictures of a Yeti from google ;)

Hobbes

I personally love horror movies where the "Evil Bad Thing" is *NOT* revealed. Usually, once these dark things are brought to the screen, they're often ridiculously lame.

Take "End of Days" for example... the CGI devil at the end was just laughable. The rest of the movie was enjoyable, though. Even with Arnold's non-acting.
Or, that Stephen King TV movie... The Langoliers. Excellent, wonderfully spooky. That is, until the Langoliers themselves come to the screen. They're very very badly done in CGI and make the entire TV movie a laughable thing.

So, if you wish to go for drama, darkness and suspense and find yourself unable to draw the beast, then by all means: hide it in the shadows!

However, if your game is supposed to be comical, how much damage can it do? ;)

(P.S. But seriously: Do whatever suits you best. Featuring a mythical creature doesn't neccessarily mean it should be completely on the screen, right?)

(P.S.2. However, if done properly... it would rock.)

Ginny

While we're on the subject of rules, I'm thinking ahead, and I wondered if I can use music and/or sound effects downloaded from the net? I might have a go at music, but my mic doesn't work so I can't record sound effects.

I'll have to draw the creature I'm afraid.. I hope to find some images on google too, so that it would become easier. :)

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Hobbes

Sound: Everything is allowed. :)

Paranoia

i am really glad you sed sound's allowed coz my game would be very short and boring without it! theres only one voice effect which could be dodgy ground and thats Homer Simpson saying one word, times ticking away and i dunno if i will get time to change it, when do the games need to be in by? 25th?

Hobbes

Quote from: Magintz on Sat 30/08/2003 21:02:58
Remember:
ALL GAMES MUST BE IN BY 25th SEPTEMBER

Have fun and make yourself a MAGS game.

Er. Yeah.

;)

Paranoia

sorry Hobbes. i've got so much to do i didn't have time to back track thro the thread, :-[

Ginny

Actually, I was wondering about the date too, because

Quote from: Hobbes on Wed 10/09/2003 15:50:05As we're only on the 10th day of September (hah, 20 days left)

which would imply the 30th, so thanks for clarifying :)

GAh, damn school is taking up all my time, but I'm determined to do a lot of work suring the weekend. I'll post a screen then aswell :)

Minimi

I'm also not making much of a progress, but monday and tuesday.. next week im free from school, and I'm planning to finish it in these 4 days... saturday, till tuesday. I hope I get this finished... it would be a waste if I couldnt get it finished!

Paranoia

my feeble attempt is done, i think!  :-\ see complete games for more  details or just download it!
TIT.zip, 7.5meg
sorry its such a big file

Evil

Shite, I dont know if I can figure out how to use ags anymore! :-p Maybe I can get lgm to make it for me :)... If not I dont know if I can get it in on time. I'll try my best.
YAR!

Hobbes

Five days to go....

...the excitement!

Pet Terry

Minimi, finish your game, I want to play it :P That midi you made had a bit same feeling in it as in RLBAT

Paranoia, I'll try to play your game aswell, it just takes years to download it because I'm on dial-up...
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Minimi

IM TRYING IM TRYING....

damnit!  :P

Evil

SHIT! ONLY FIVE DAYS! AGGGH! Leave it to me to start evey mags late...

taryuu

here we go!  With a couple of days to spare!!

Genbu's Favour by taryuu productions

WARNING the game contains some cursing and suggestive situations.  so there you go.

Also if anyone has any free space to host this it'd be appreciated.  I don't know how long it's going to hold up.

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://genbusfavour.tripod.com/Genbu.zip

right-click save link as
I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk