AGS-OQ Plot/Story Competition - www.ags-oq.tk - FINISHED -> WINNER:DAVE GILBERT

Started by Minimi, Sat 30/08/2003 21:56:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimi

THIS QUEST HAS BEEN FINISHED AND THE WINNER IS DAVE GILBERT. CONGRATULATIONS TO DAVE GILBERT AND ALL OTHERS THAT HAVE ENTERED!
SECOND PLACE IS FOR DRAGONROSE, WITH NOT MUCH DIFFERENTS, BUT THERES ONLY ONE THE BEST.

DAVE GILBERT, YOU MAY CHOOSE YOUR PRICE, PM ME FOR IT!
------------------------------------------------------------------
EXAMPLE VOTEPOST :

"here are my votes!
#1 - (nickname of your choice)
#2 - (nickname of your choice)
#3 - (nickname of your choice)

THANKS TO ALL THAT ENTERED THIS COMPETITION AND MAY THE BEST WIN!
THE SCORES WILL BE SHOWN UPTDATE ON AGS-OQ.TK!
-----------------------------------------------------

HTTP://www.ags-oq.tk
LIST OF ENTRY'S UNTILL NOW :
Dave Gilbert - You can't take it with you
Vel - The Park
Bluke4x4 - Stay Home, Billy
Eggie - Inherit the Earth
Isegrim - Solitude
tiki_dude - Would You like fries With that?
Alkaline - Children of the Revolution
Dragonrose - Fizzled out
SSH - Pixel Hunt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there! This is a new competition, and I started this one, with the permission of Andail. This competition is about making a Original plot/story. Every little detail about the competition, from rules, till an example, is available at www.ags-oq.tk !

Go there, to find all the information you'll need to join this new competition! Just for some extra info. When you have mailed your plot/story to the email, and you followed the rules, then your entry should be added to the site, within 3 days ;)

When the time of this competition is over, wich is 20th september, then the voting system will start. Everyone may vote for the winners! Voting will go like this :
#1 - 3points
#2 - 2points
#3 - 1point (not allowed to vote for yourself.. DOH!) ;D
And all points are counted together by me (YES I CAN COUNT!), and the one with most points wins! So post in this topic your votes for #1, #2, and #3!

I hope you like my website design. It's the first time I made something with drawing in flash, wich I like already very much! ;) If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask me here ;D

Oh, I almost forgot this one thing. There will also be some prices available for the winner of the competition(s), like adding your banner for a month to the site, or getting a MIDI pack from me that I composed... stuff like that. If you have yourself something cool, that I can use as a price for the winner(s), then you can pm me or mail me! ;)

Well... I hope you all take the time to read the site, plus the rules carefully, and I look forward to seeing some entry's!
DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRY IN THIS TOPIC! ;)

Happy Competing!
Greetz,
Minimi (Peter Olthof)

Andail

Very nicely organised. I hope you get many submissions.

Darth Mandarb

This sounds fun!  If I can find the time I'm going to enter!

Good job Minimi!

dm

Minimi

Some prices have just been added, not yet on the site though, but the new prices are as following : you can choose 1 if you win...

- 1 MONTH LONG A BANNER AT WWW.AGS-OQ.TK OF 468x60 OF SIZE.

- MINIMI ORIGINAL 5 MIDIPACK, specially made for the usage in adventuregames

... you still have more than a month to join! greetz,
Minimi

Vel

Minimi

Thank you vel, I recieved it! I'm at the moment at school, and when I get home, I'll add it to the site.

Paranoia

sounds interesting! , i'll give it a go next month ;D

nice one minimi

Bluke4x4

Isegrim

This post was generated automatically and therefore bears no signature.

Minimi

ty all until now. I'm right now updating the site with all the entrys until now.

SSH

I've sent you my entry, too, Minimi.

And is it right that only those who submit a plot can vote? That doesn't seem right to me! ???

Ah well, it's your competition!

Vel

When will the voting start? And are there prizes for 2nd and 3rd place?

Minimi

tnx ssh.

Only 2 days left to send your entrys!
well... I've changed the voting. here are the rules for voting :

-Every registered forum member may vote.
-You have to vote for a #1, #2 and #3.
-The votes will be entered in this topic.
-You can not vote for your own entry
-Your vote must be posted between 20/9 - 27/9

If your post is too late then it won't count, and too early neither ;)

So people... if you still wanna join... just a few days left!

to vel : It depends on the number of entrys. At this moment of 6 entrys only #1 ... but if there are 10 or more entrys #2 also gets price.

SSH

Since you've changed the voting rules, I suggest you edit the first post in the thread and youe website to reflect this, otherwise there will be confusion!

Vel is obviously convinced that my entry is bound to win, so he only has a chance of 2nd  ;D

Bugalicious

i've sent mine
Bugs Page Is Here!

DragonRose

Mine is currently winging it's way to Minimi's mailbox
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Vel

Actually, SSH, I was asking if any other person than me would get a prize.

Minimi

ok every1! I closed the entering, and from this moment on you can post your votes in this topic. read more info at the topmost post!

Vel

Dave Gilbert

DragonRose

Eggie

1: Dave Gilbert (It would be tricky coming up with puzzles but a pretty rewarding play experience. "No, you moron! The red box, THE RED BOX!")
2: DragonRose (The lack of a "talk" option might disadvantage play a little but eavesdropping is always fun in adventure games.)
3: Alkaline (I can't say it's the sort of game I'd really enjoy playing, but an interesting idea nonetheless)

Bluke4x4

Bugalicious

Bugs Page Is Here!

SSH

Why did you not put my entry in, Minimi? Did you not recieve it?

First I missed the Pop Idol auditions, now this...  :'( :'( :'(

Minimi

wow, this is really weird! I had really added it, but I must have by accident deleted your line :s! I'm sorry... I can't add you now anymore I guess?? O well... I'll just add you, and maybee the other can change their votes if they want to, because you have a pretty fun story ;) ... hmm... let me think for a moment... im right now very busy on my mags game, and I can't work on the site right now... but maybee we even have to vote all over again! :(

SSH

Ah well, these things happen!

My entry is strong enough to come up from behind! I suggest that if anyone who has already voted thinks my entry is good enough to change their vote then they post again (easier to spot than edits) but mention that they have voted already so the vote doesn't count twice....  

Ah well, I least I'm in the running for the sportsmanship award  ::)

My votes are:
#1: Dragonrose
#2: Bluke4x4
#3: Dave Gilbert

EDIT:
Minimi has put my entry on the site now

Ginny

I like your entry SSH (I've seen it before somewhere.. you posted it in the thread where minime suggested the competition, right?).

I planned to enter this contest but had no good ideas, so here are my votes (btw the site is having problems) :

#1 - Alkaline
#2 - Dragonrose
#3 - Dave Gilbert

Don't forget to update the points status in the site when you can Minime. Which reminds me, I should be working on my MAGS game!
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

SSH

Ginny, yes I posted it in the original thread in Talk/Chat, before I realised how Minimi was administrating the competition.

but I guess you like the other guy's ideas more  :'(

Al_Ninio

Ginny

Heh, lol.. I'm just really drawn to non-linearity stuff, and never really liked pixel hunts, but they would be justified of course. ;)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

DragonRose

Minimi- when does the voting close? Just asking cause it's almost the end of the month.

Current standings are ('cause Minimi hasn't updated the website in over a week):

Dave Gilbert: 15
Dragonrose: 13
Alkaline: 7
Blue4x4: 7
Eggie: 5
tiki_dude:4
SSH: 3
Vel: 0
Isegrim:0

Edit: Apparently I can't count.  Sorry, Dave, you have 15, not 16 like I put in before.  Congrats, Blue4x4, you have 7, not 4.  I think that's it.

SSH

Can I suggest that future OQs take place in the forum. Minimi seems very busy with lots of other things, e.g. MAGS and may have even given up on the forums for a while, given some of his recent posts! If we don't hear from Minimi soon, can I suggest closing the voting at 11:59pm GMT Sunday 5th?

Can I also ask, have people had a chance to review my entry above that Minimi forgot to put on the website?

Minimi

I'm just only now at technical forum and critics, but to clear this up, I'll ben now having dinner, and after that, so say, an hour, I'm updating the site as it should be.

Yes, I was too busy with other things, hmm... starting with something new, is always learning... well.. my parents are right now calling me for dinner ;) ... and I will close the registration wednesday 9pm, dutch time.

Then I will pronounce the winner in this topic, so all people can vote untill then, and maybee SSH get's some more votes... I like his plot alot ;)

take care

Vel

Minimi

Yes, there will be, but I'm now busy updating, and also figuring out, how to improve this next competition. I'm still twisting about the subject, and the rules, and I'll let you know when the voting ends ;)

*EDIT* Site Has Now Been Updated!

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Minimi on Sat 30/08/2003 21:56:33

DAVE GILBERT, YOU MAY CHOOSE YOUR PRICE, PM ME FOR IT!
------------------------------------------------------------------

I get CASH???  Cool!

Anyrate, thanks everyone who voted for me!  :-)  This was fun.

DragonRose

Congrats, Dave!

Second place is cool.

General yay to everything.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk