Buccaneer II - Rolling Demo released!

Started by Hobbes, Sun 31/08/2003 19:18:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Thanks, Vel.

As it is, I probably won't release any more screenshots until the demo/game is completed. Right now I'm in doubt whether or not I should release a demo... it would be a swell way to raise interest, but then again, the time spent developing the demo could also be used to develop the game.

Ah, well. I'll update this thread whenever something noteworthy occurs, and preview some material from time to time. :)

It's nice to know that there are people out there who are interested in this little project of mine!

Privateer Puddin'

make a demo, but thats not part of the game? :)

love the new screens

Hobbes

Thanks, Custa- errr... Privateer Puddin'. ;)

Making a demo which is not part of the game, I considered this. But then again, isn't that what Buccaneer 1 practically is?

Vel

Do not make a demo. It would just spoil it. Spend the time working on the game instead.

Privateer Puddin'

i guess it depends on the amount of time between the two games :)

Hobbes

No demo it is.... :)

Mwahahaha! I'll keep Richard tottering around on my own PC then until BucII is ready.

Meowster

Why didn't I ever see this here before?! This is awesome looking.

*reconsiders her list*

FoY,
Buccaneer 2,
S&M2

Hobbes

*is proud to be added to such a prestigious list*

Also, Yufster, you can download "Buccaneer 1" from www.unosar.com, so you can get to know the characters and setting... :)

Hobbes

UPDATE: See the first post for details. :)

Hobbes

*bump*

I've updated the designer diary, the Discussion section and the Help Needed area.

Hobbes

Wahey, it's official!

There'll be action sequences in Buccaneer II. :)

Check the main page for more updates. :)

Privateer Puddin'

:D don't go OTT though, please ;)

adanzis

hobbes, are you still looking for people to help you with the storyline? - Alan

Vel

Hobbes, good to see you're making progress!

Hobbes

P'Pudding -> Nope... no worries, it'll be something you can work around (e.g. other dialog branch, puzzle). Also, it'll play a minor part in the overall game.

Adanzis -> At the moment: Nope. DaveGilbert has helped a lot, so that's mostly settled.

Vel -> I know. It took some doing on the motivational level.

Hobbes

Update: see the main page.

Help Requested:

I'll post it here as well... is there anyone in the community who'd be willing to draw several introduction screens for me? It will be still screens that tell Richard's recurring dream he'll have during the game.

I could draw them myself, but I'm not really that good on close-up drawing, etc.

Thanks!

Vel

You quoted me!
See you in court.

Just kidding. Great site though.

Hobbes

Vel

How 'bout a lil' ol' progress report?

Hobbes

Well, I think I can. Finally.

The thing is, I totally lost interest in Buccaneer 2. Lack of time, lack of inspiration, etc.

The goals were set, the entire game was planned, quite some artwork was done, but there was just so much still to do.

The job of doing everything yourself coupled with a real life became a tad bit too much for me.

However, I did try to pick up the pieces and move on quite a few times. However, I updated to a new AGS and then the FOA template didn't work properly anymore.

Instead of recoding all rooms and stuff, I decided to start anew.

Which is exactly what I have been busy with for the past few weeks. I'm also doing a different approach, I'm working on details and everything at the same time. Before I did the main stuff first and would focus on the details later.

Now, I'm having fun with the project for the first time in a long, long while. So, will it get finished? I sure hope so... Don't hold your breath though. I *am* working on it, which should be positive enough news....

...I hope.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk