Tune contest: 9/9 to 16/9-ish

Started by EldKatt, Tue 09/09/2003 17:46:16

Previous topic - Next topic

EldKatt

Right, here's the new tune contest you've all been waiting for!

The goal this week is to write something calm and serene and mysterious and stuff. Saint-Saëns' "Aquarium" from Le carnival des animaux (The carnival of the animals) is a perfect example of what I mean.

Get working!

Moresco

Ok here's my tune, called SilentEye & I came up with it in a matter of minutes & recorded it in the same.  So, it probably could use some work but I just want to see what people think.  ^^

SilentEye in mp3

Note: If you can't hear it or have troubles downloading it, check your connections & if it's a problem with Omni(probably is), then I'll switch to Apache 2 & it'll be all better. :) Let me know though k?
::: Mastodon :::

Meowster

T'is better to have tried and lost, than to never have tried at all.

Yibidiyab

Privateer Puddin'

Moresco, i really enjoyed that, it seemed very reflective to me..

Moresco

Thanks custard, I really didn't know what I was doing for the first fifteen attempts or so.  I have this tendency to play things too fast, and my music reflects that I think.  I'm glad you liked it, maybe I'll have to expand on it more & see where it goes.

remixor

Holy crap; three tunes within 12 hours of the initial post??  I better get on it!

I think I'll want to use my synth for this one (I'll give MIDI a rest this week), but I won't have the correct stereo adapters until Saturday, so hopefully I can get this done in time.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Moresco

Wow don't rush, you have plenty of time.  I spend more time posting art than music but I am ten years more adept at music.  Much unlike art, heh heh.  ^^

Fuzzpilz

Mine!

I apologize for the simplicity and repetitiveness, but it was necessary for the tone I was trying to achieve (not that I was all that successful).

EldKatt

Well... good work everyone! (I will give you more specific and interesting comments, just have patience. :P) Tomorrow's judgment day. Though I did say 16-ish, so I could stretch it, say, if remix0r thinks he'll have anything soon? (Question mark there.)

Stay tuned.

Trapezoid

I think it's about done. Who wins?

EldKatt

Shiver me timbers, this was a tough one. The big ol' winner, though, is:

Fuzzpilz! For his delicious sound-screwing-around-with. Very well done. Really.

Also, I can't resist calling Trapezoid a runner-up here. Very... er, jazzy, lacking a better word. (He modulates all the time, and gets away with it! :P)

Congratulations... you two. Both of them are very atmospheric, but Fuzzpilz won by a hair's breadth.

Thanks everyone!

Fuzzpilz

\o/

I thought it fell far short of what I could/should have made of it, had I invested a little more time and effort, but apparently it was good enough. :)

Time to think of a new one.

Trapezoid

Yay!
I really liked your song, Fuzzpilz. I'd like to know how you went about making all the weird background noises....

Fuzzpilz

A sample of me speaking some random nonsense used by a granular synthesizer and fed through a bunch of effects, two copies of a little drum synth I wrote, and again sampling, this time of typing and of messing with an empty potato crisp package, smorbled up by the tracker generator I was using... it's really not easy to explain in detail unless you're familiar with Buzz.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk