The Dark Cave: Adventures of Princess Marian part IV (final release)

Started by SSH, Wed 10/09/2003 12:31:09

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

Yes, it's the moment you have all been waiting for... another in the Princess Marian series of games made for my wife. This time it's our wedding anniversary.

Please can you let me know if you find any bugs.This is now the final version with music and sound effects included and optional music pack (put in the same directory as the exe)

UPDATED DEC 2004 WITH NEW LINKS
Download from: http://www.ssh.me.uk/darkcave.zip
Music pack: http://www.ssh.me.uk/darkcavemusic.zip

Screenshot:

For those of you who have never played one of my games before: it's got naff graphics and not a great deal of plot, but if you like cuteness, you'll love it (maybe).

Further Princess Marian games at: http://www.angelfire.com/space/little_flower/ags.html

Mats Berglinn

No bugs that I could find but there some things I like to say about the game.

Good stuff:

Nice backgrounds and rain-effects. The dragon was quite cool and the daughter is also quite nice. Nice pick-up animation. Nice fonts.

Bad stuff:

It's very simple and way too short, too much like the other games (I've haven't played the third part since I guessed it was too simple and easy too). The dragon is too squary. You still slacks with Marian's walking! Why don't you ever learn?

I understand that you do care for your wife but can you at least give us the AGSers, the experts(in gaming, not game-creation), the cool guys us some respect. Why not make a big game with tons of cool puzzles, hundreds of in-jokes (the game didn't even had an in-joke from the Simpsons), lots of humor, lots of feeling, great animation, great music, bad guys, mini-games, battles, everything. You will never be one of the coolest if you can't make a serious games like the others. And if Superscottishhero (not YOU) is a great hero why not give him some action?
Well, I hope my advice helps you a lot and that you really are going to be more serious about making games. Good luck in the future.

SSH

Well, I wasn't going to bother posting the game, because it is so minimal, but on the other hand:

0. Farlander sounded so enthusiastic about my games, I thought I'd put this one here. There's more to it than the 3rd one, at least!

1. Neole, I think, said he preferred the no-walking-animation style. The thrid game did have a walking animation, but it messed up bigtime because I hadn't done up/down, just left/right (the 3rd game didn't get announced here, but can be found on my profile website).

2. The game is made for my wife, who has loved all the games so far. If you didn't like my previous games, don't download this one becuase you won't like it either.

3. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone! I think I made it clear above that there's not much plot or graphics here

4. I do have a serious game "in development" which I will post something in the "in Development" forum when I've got some more art done on it. I'm no great artist and have little spare time, so it will be a while, though...

5. I don't care if I'm the coolest, excpet in the eyes of my wife and daughter!

but thanks for giving it the once-over.

I haven't done the credits yet, but thanks go to:

Scorpiorus for the rain
CJ for AGS
Remixor for the remix of the music when I get around to adding it

Volcan

Hi SSH

I got an error when trying download Marian 3 on your page
The page you wanted is taking a long lunch.
Actually, we couldn't find the page you requested. Please check the URL.

Volcan

Ps: in your avatar, isn't your daughter with you?

SSH

Volcan, I've fixed the Marian 3 link (and added a Marian 4 link)... it was a letter not capitalised in the URL!!!!  ::)

Yes, that's my daughter in my avatar, if that's what you're asking.

WanderLady

Hi SSH,

The colors were nice. The animations that were there made me smile(i.e. Marian getting the phone). All of you on the dragon was a great scene. I liked it.

justG

Quote from: SSH on Wed 10/09/2003 17:24:195. I don't care if I'm the coolest, excpet in the eyes of my wife and daughter!
I won't try it 'til you've posted the final version, and 'til I've first tried the first 3 parts. Just wanted to say that that was a really sweet thing to say :) I'm looking forward to checking out the game - I love "cuteness."

SSH

Just a bump to announce that the final version is uploaded, and a new music pack complete with me singing (if you're unlucky enoguh to finish the game)

remixor

Quote from: SSH on Wed 10/09/2003 17:24:19
Remixor for the remix of the music when I get around to adding it

Huh?

EDIT: ohhhhhh, I know what you're talking about now  :)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Nacho

I've finished the game!!! Finally! And ys, I love it, I think it's perfect for what it is aimed for, a family game, just for having some laughs... I really like the baby... "She's calling you, Marian" when the baby is just saying "Ma, ma ma ma, Ma Ma!"...

lol...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk