Programming Contest 2

Started by Robert Eric, Fri 12/09/2003 02:22:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Eric

Alright, the last one bombed, so I have a new one.

This time, create a game/program that allows platform jumping.  I don't care how you do it, just do it.  This is obvious, but make it in AGS.  Don't worry about graphics, or sounds.  Of coarse, you CAN make your graphics pretty and the sounds soothing, but it's not required.  The only limitation this time is that there must at least two platforms to jump from/on.

You have until forever to make it, if you actually DO decide to enter this contest.
Ã, Ã, 

Moresco

When you say platform jumping, do you mean fast-smooth jumping as in a platform style game.  Or do you mean making the character jump from one platform to another? I'm a little confused but interested in the challenge. :)
::: Mastodon :::

Robert Eric

Yes, pardon me.  I was a little...energenic when I wrote that.  What I mean is, make a game, one room or more, where the player can jump from one platform to another.  The minimun number of platforms is two.  The contest will be over in two weeks.  Whoever can write the fastest and most efficient code will win.  The winner can then start the next competition.

PS. The quality of the graphics or any sounds you may have added will not be counted, but feel free to make it look cool and be pleasing to the ear.
Ã, Ã, 

Quintaros

Well I have to do that anyway for my game so maybe I'll start this now.

Quintaros

Okay  its incredibly lame but its sort of working.  What do I do with it now?

Robert Eric

Quintaros, upload it and post it in this thread, or send it to me at roberteric@rain-day.com, then I will evaluate it and upload it to my site for you.
Ã, Ã, 

Quintaros

Do you just want me to send you the compiled game or do you want to see the code itself?

Robert Eric

The code, of coarse.  I'll compile it myself.
Ã, Ã, 

Isegrim

Er... Sorry...
Ever heard of Platformerius?
In the games/non-adventure section, there's a game called
"Platformerius: The Ninja Incident (by 2ma2)"
which does exactly what you want and the download comes with the full open code.
The engine is pretty fast and works astoundingly well.

Just wanted to inform you, in case you get several identical solutions  ;)
This post was generated automatically and therefore bears no signature.

Robert Eric

Well I'll be damned.  You know what, let's stop this competition.  It's getting boring.
Ã, Ã, 

Scummbuddy

I do believe its a good idea, but perhaps it will live on in Mods' new OverProductiveDay.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk