bACkGrOUnD BLiTz Sept 12th - 26th

Started by Mr_Frisby, Fri 12/09/2003 11:18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Frisby

Okay, I get the feeling things are running behind so I'll get this started quick.

the idea is a Medievil Kareoke Bar and Grill.

I'm pretty sure I've spelt Kareoke wrong but this next but wont confuze ya :

256 colours (of super dooper coolness)

& 320 X 200 (or the square aspect ratio of 320 x 240)

but you have to draw it in MS paint
       with your unpreffered hand -   JUST KIDDING!!. . .

any medium you prefurr, and feel free to twist the theme as far as you want - the warpederer the better.
     - i likey the warp and will possibly be judging on it.  

-"This is your assignment Angels . . now get to work!!"

Fris B    

EDIT: Sorry OTG the ish was just a joke coz the blitz usually goes into overtime.                                                
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Ben

EIDT: Never mind. I thought this was a sprite jam.. Ben is stupid  :P

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Mr Frisby, you can't have it 26thish because people need a deadline before which to submit pics and vote. :P

Evil

Well just try to get them in before the 26th. If you dont you may still have time. I was on vacation one day, so I think -ish days are fine so long as you have a reason...

OneThinkingGal and ._.

ish is the reason these things are never finishing on time and dragging on forever. :P

Thanks Mr_Frisby, they tend to go into overtime, but that shouldn't be the intent from the start. ;)

Witchsmeller

cool, I like this idea - count me in.

Oh, I'm kinda new here... what's ish thing?

~Darko aka Witchsmeller

Alexis Vale

Cool. Here's mine:

EDIT: I think it's "Medieval" and "Karaoke". Sorry I didn't twist the theme.

Mr_Frisby

Yes it fits the bill and it 's really cool!
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Evil

God there need to be more entries. I'll throw one together tommorow.

Paranoia

like evil sed, we need more entries! so heres mine, its the theme in a round about way, well its a background from my game with a bit of BS! i'm good at BS if nothing else :P

Rincewind

Not the best background ever made, but I just felt I had to enter this blitz.
Cool entries so far!

Darth Mandarb

Welcome to The Four Swords Medieval Karaoke bar 'n grill.

The only medieval bar with electricity!!

Don't forget to check your cloak at the door!!

BOYD1981

Darth, that's pretty spiffing, are you by any chance left handed?

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Darth Mandarb

Thanks, and actually ... yes.  I am left handed.

WanderLady

A damsel in distress, or a naive knight in search of fame; perhaps a friar on his way with a supply of 'wine', or a carefree bard...regardless of whom, the chance remains that they'll end up in...the "Dragon's Mouth." And what better way to pass the time than with Karaoke.

EDIT: Forgive me all, I'm not sure I followed the 256color rule. I noticed everyone else saved as .GIF. Is this the extension for 256colors?

BOYD1981

WanderLady: well, there's only 176 colours in that pic, PNG doesn't give that horrible artifacting compressiony effect thingy that JPG does, even if you save that picture with 1% jpg compression you end up with artifacting and 6730 colours...

Darth Mandarb: if you're wondering how i guessed that you're left handed it was because of the angle of the isometricness (315° rather than 45°) i figured that would be easier for somebody left handed than right, ain't i clever?  :D

01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Mr_Frisby

aWWW crap! How on earths name am I supposed to judge this now? There's alot of really good entries!!

BOYD - how did you count the colours, is there a program that does that or do you have that rainman disease?

taryuu

97X, Bam! The future of rock 'n' roll.

i love that movie.  

to answer your question, boyd COULD have autism, but more likely he's using paint shop pro or some other program that will count the number of colours used in an image for you.
I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

BOYD1981

yeh, i used paintshop pro to count the colours

Mr_Frisby

he heh he! You drewd what I was not expecting in the mspaint game Boyd - very cool.
(also you should have stuck with autism - autism is way cooler than paint shop pro!)

Okay because I am lazy and probably wont look at this tomorrow, and it's the 26th n all - whats say we do the votey thing!!

If people want to vote it would be cool, coz I don't want to decide on my own astheyareallcoolandchangingtheworldasweknowitasIspeak . . breathe . .F. . Breathe..   .phew!

Paranoia

WanderLady

I'd like AlexisVale to have mine.

Andail

Quote from: Mr_Frisby on Fri 26/09/2003 12:42:17
autism is way cooler than paint shop pro

Back in the days when it was the fashion to quote any Tom Dick and Harry, this would surely have been quoted

Alexis Vale

Do we vote for ourselves, or is it an automatic self-vote, or do entrants not vote at all?

Hmm...I really like Darth Mandarb's.
[vote check-Darth Mandarb]

[EDITED]

WanderLady

Quote from: AlexisVale on Sat 27/09/2003 03:39:54
Do we vote for ourselves, or is it an automatic self-vote, or do entrants not vote at all?

[If legal: I vote AlexisVale.]

Whether we are allowed to vote for ourselves or no, it is a courtesy to give your vote to another despite the thought that yours may be the best.

evilspacefart

i'm tossed between wanderlady and mandarb.
shoot - i vote mandarb.

Mr_Frisby

Cool thanxs for voting everyone.
I'm gonna wrap this up tomorrow (or even later tonite if no-on has any objections).

I am voting for Wanderlady - cool idea.

Rincewind

Darth has my vote as well - Great job, man!

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Me for Darth as well, stunning work. ._.

And Wanderlady was a close second, very neat idea!

Mr_Frisby

Okay, I have counted the votes and I'm gonna call this sucker.

This blitz winner is [glow=color,glow width, 7characters wide]Darth Mandarb[/glow]

Thankyou to everyone that entered - all really good stuff!

Darth Mandarb

Woohoo!!  Thanks guys!

I'll get the next one started ASAP!!

Thanks again!

dm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk