Need help on ONE sprite

Started by alkis21, Tue 16/09/2003 23:34:56

Previous topic - Next topic

alkis21

Hello. The game I'm creating is currently at approximately 70% of its total size. I'm very pleased with the way it's developing, and the feedback I get from my beta testers is positive. One thing is bugging me though; I don't like the main character's sprite!  :-\ This is sad because the other ingame graphics are not that bad.
Would someone be kind enough to create one for me? I need a female with long straight light brown hair, green eyes, slim, about 30 pixels wide and 80 pixels tall, in 256 colors. I don't mind if it's a bit bigger than that but not too big because I'll need to readjust the scaling of all my rooms. I need views for front walking, side walking, back walking, front speaking, side speaking.
You will be credited of course, and I can pay you a little something for your trouble.

|Alky|

Do you have a sample of what your other sprites look like?
I like animating, but I can't do extremes - I find really cartoony and really realistic stuff hard. But if it's in between, I could help you. Or do you just want me  something totally new? Either way, I can give it a shot.
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

alkis21

Something in between would be excellent. I don't really mind if the main character looks different than the others, I have 25 characters at the moment and some of them do not resemble the others.

m0ds

BTW, I love the avatar. Good to see you like FotAQ :)

m0ds

|Alky|

What about this?
Something I just drew in a couple of minutes... I got the style from something I remember seeing, I don't know where. But I kinda like it, because it's easier than doing it accurately. But if you want me to make something simpler, or FOA style, I can do that too. Also, I'm not sure about the clothes and height...I should prob'bly make her taller, right?
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

Evil

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/chick.bmp

I could wip something up but I'm no animater...

alkis21

I saw your sprite. It's not bad and it's close to what I'm looking for, but:

-It HAS to be 256 colors, as it's a 256 color game. In fact, there's only a small number of colors you can use as most of the palette is used for the background. Here's my current sprite, use these exact colors if you would like to try again:

(Feet are cut off because I was using this picture as an avatar at Just Adventure)

-I'd appreciate a bit more detailed features on the face
-Yes, it would be nice if she were a bit taller. In fact, forget the dimensions I gave; make her as tall as you like, I'll take care of the scaling. A zoomed out sprite looks a lot better than a zoomed in one anyway. My sprite is ok in 100% size, but when I'm in a room in which I have to zoom in by 150% it looks awful.
-A FoA look-alike would be a dream come true! Make me a Sophia-clone and you'll have my eternal gratitude.  :)
-Thanks for your help.

alkis21

Kweepa

You could take the Mika character from Reality on the Norm and draw long hair and long trousers on her, then recolour her top. Shouldn't take too long if you cut and paste the hair. Oh, and you should probably change her eyes and remove the notepad :)

Cheers,
Steve
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

alkis21

I know that beggars can't be choosers, and I'll probably sound like an ungrateful bastard, but it's still not what I'm looking for.  :( It doesn't look considerably better than my sprite. I do appreciate the offer though Steve.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk