Poconia: Evil's Resurrection - Screenshots and Demo (DOWNLOAD PROBLEM FIXED)

Started by poc301, Tue 21/12/2004 16:40:37

Previous topic - Next topic

poc301

Poconia: Evil's Resurrection

Official Website : www.cmtonline.net

THE BACKGROUND

Poconia is a fantasy world I created a few years ago when I decided to write my first book.Ã,  The world is a medieval-esque setting with swords and sorcery and all the stuff that goes along with it.Ã,  The first book, Poconia: High Magic was released in 2002, and the sequel, Poconia: Fall of the Gods will be released in 2005, both by PFC Publishing.Ã, 

THE STORYLINE[/u]

Poconia: Evil's Resurrection is set 500 years after the ending of the series of books.Ã,  It tells a story of the vanquished villain Vaektor T'enok being resurrected by followers of an evil god in an attempt to restore their god to power.Ã,  The hero of the game is a modern man who is summoned by powers unknown to Poconia to help do battle against the evil forces.Ã,  Because he is from modern day Earth, he has unique outlooks on various things that happen to him.Ã,  At first he thinks its a dream and keeps referring to everything in terms of cliches and such.Ã,  He finds out early in the game that he is the one chosen to find and use the Burden of Galazan, a magical ring imbued by the God of Strength, Galazan, with special powers and the ability to kill a god.Ã,  With this ringÃ,  he must track down Master Kennard Murran, the son of Falnier (the God of Magic), who is neither a mortal nor a god, and together find and destroy Vaektor T'enok.

GAME FEATURES[/u]

-640 x 480 Resolution
-16 bit Color
-Fully 3D rendered and digitized backgrounds
-Fully 3D rendered characters and animations
-Shadows actually affect the characters.
-8 Different characters (As of this beta release)
-20 Rooms in this first level (As of this beta release)
-14 Playable rooms in the first level (As of this beta release)
-640 x 480 fully rendered 3D video cutscenes available for download as add-on
-Extremely deep and detailed world, complete with religion system, caste system, royalty and guilds.
-Visit places from the books, meet some of the long lived characters from the books.
-Adventure game with some roleplaying elements built in (not in this demo yet)

SCREENSHOTS (Click For Larger Image)[/u]

In The Troll's Cave

In A Green Pasture

The Ambushed Wagon Driver

The Witches House

DOWNLOAD LINKS[/u]

GAME.ZIP - Main Game - 12.7mb

VIDEO.ZIP - The Video Add-On Pack - 14mb

www.cmtonline.net - Main game site with add'l info

Thanks!

Scott C

Hiya

You can upload it to my webspace (while yours is playing up) via http://www.siliconism.net/ags/psupload.html if you'd like :)

Thanks,

Scott

poc301

I appreciate it, but the main game file is 12mb, and the movie add-on is 14mb :)Ã,  Both too big for your server.Ã, 

The hosting I use is very odd..Ã,  The zip files are there, but when you try to click them, they say "page not found".Ã,  The URL info is correct in the HTML page, but it still does it.Ã,  Heck, even if you browse to http://poc301.superihost.com/zips and check out the actual ZIP files, you can't download them...Ã,  Very odd.Ã,  I have an open trouble ticket with them now.

Thanks again for the offer.Ã,  If you allowed 4-5 more MB per file, I'd take you up on it :)

EDIT: My old host didn't allow downloads in excess of 500kb.  I got a new one now.  The URL is in my above message.

splat44

poc301,

Is it a complete game? If so, I believe this thread should be in complete game section.

Of course, I'm not trying picking on you. you may want contact moderator to move such message in right place.

splatt44

AGA

(S)he said it will be released next year, so I'm assuming it's a demo currently...

poc301

He :)

It is a very very rough draft beta demo version.  It is maybe 10% complete.   The game should be done in 2005 sometime.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk