Star Wars - Fan Game

Started by Blackthorne, Sun 28/09/2003 16:13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackthorne

Hey, I've been working on my fan game for Star Wars, Episode IV - and I have a demo up and running.  You may download it from www.geocities.com/SWFanGame - that's the site, it has info on the game, it's progress, etc.  Remember this is an early demo, so most of the graphics are temporary and the storyline,plot and puzzles are being worked out.  Any comments welcome!  Thanks.

Steve

Direct Links to D/L the Demo
www.geocities.com/SWFanGame/SWFanGameA.zip
www.geocities.com/SWFanGame/SWFanGameB.zip
www.geocities.com/SWFanGame/SWFanGameC.zip

-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Mats Berglinn

Seems interesting.
By the way I could only download the first file and I got the error when I started the game after the 20:th Century Fox logo:

Error: Load_room: Unable to load room file 'room189.crm' Make sure that you saved the room to the correct folder(it should de in your game's sub-folder of the AGS directory). Also check that the player character's starting room is set correctly.

Blackthorne

Yeah, you need to dowload parts A, B and C in order to play the game.  I forgot to mention that in my previous post.

Download ALL THREE PARTS to view the demo. Using IE, you can right-click on the links above, and "Save Target As..." to download the zipfiles.  Thanks!

Steve

Mats Berglinn

I'm sorry but I can't download them in any way neither normal clikcs or "save target as...". It seems that the pages from geocities often gets messed up and I think thats why the pages are gone. Check in Snake's topic about uploading a demo for good and bad sites for uploading demos because too many use Geocities and also for that many Geocities pages gets screwed up (what I mean is that you can't get access because they say the page couldn't be found). I'm terribly sorry, I was excited about this game.

Hobbes

Yup. Part B and C are not online.

Pity, though. It sounds very interesting.

Blackthorne

I corrected the error on parts B and C, and I downloaded them to a friends computer; it worked for me........ if it still doesn't work, let me know.

Steve

SWFANGAME@yahoo.com
www.geocities.com/SWFanGame

Quintaros

I'm quite interested in this project.  Curious to see where you take it.

This demo is certainly much nicer than the previous one but it still seems very premature to be releasing it as a demo at all.  I like your character art for Luke but found his walk cycle a little lacking.  Its nice to have a player character that gets around quickly but it also seems strange that he is perpetually running.  Uncle Owen was completely unrecognizable to me and I at first thought it was supposed to be Obiwan (sp?).  The Tusken Raider looked good.  He scared the hell out of me too b/c by that point I'd assumed the demo wasn't going to have any sound.   I also got lost in the desert.  I don't know if it was intentional or not to make the desert hard to navigate but I found that it was.

All in all, seems promising.   Look forward to seeing more screenshots though rather than demos.

Blackthorne

Quintaros,

Thanks for taking a gander.  Yes, like I said the sprites are temporary.  The animation is off and incomplete - the sprite I'm using now is a bastardization of a Luke Sprite from an SNES game.  I plan to have someone else design sprites, or I may do it myself if I master the Force and learn patience.  Yes, I agree, Owen is horrible due to me rushing to make a sprite.  I must say I'm kind of happy you got lost in the desert; it's a desert, and deserts are not easy to navigate.  So, I will release more screenshots in the future.... I just wanted to give people and idea of where I was going, and if anyone wished to lend a hand, I am more than willing to add you to the team.

Steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk