OCTOBER MAGS

Started by magintz, Wed 01/10/2003 16:43:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

Jaw breaker? hehe LV2 I think.

Evil

Hmmm, maybe I could use a candy-apple instead....

Gilbert

Heh I think Jaw breaker wont break the rules, as it didn't appear in Sierra/Lec games, but of course LV2 is a well known AGS games, using that item may not be good idea.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I have a question. Do I have to make my own music or can I use resoyrces? I kind of can't write music and I don't want the game to be silent.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Quintaros

There was a jaw breaker in CMI.

Migs

If I have the time, I think I might just participate in this MAGS comp.  We'll have to see. :)
This signature intentionally left blank.

Mats Berglinn

It sounds interesting but I think I will sit this one out but I give you a tip:
Look in the thread "Things that haven't been iventory item...yet" thread in AGS Talk and Chat for tips and hints of which items that have been used in Adventure games and not.

veryweirdguy

Damn.

I want to enter this one, but unfortunately will be computerless for two weeks in October. Oh well.

Make it a good subject in November :P

taryuu

i thougth these were kinda of good (subject)/plot lines.  i was trying to go for stuff that hadn't really been explored in adventure games at all. of course magintz cut out my coolest idea (my opinion) of an alternate history.  (hitler won WW2, russians won the cold war etc.)  i guess that was just to make the (two) winners ideas make more sense.  

altho now that we've dropped the 2003 requirement, it should still work.

anyway what i had in mind for the contest was more of a plot based game.  i didn't want to tie anyone down, just make them use some idaes that haven't been fully explored yet in adventure games.

as far as i'm concerned, you reallly only have to use elements of the plot ideas. ie you don't have to travel back in time so long as your story has some sort of mention of time travel in it.  

that's whe're i'm coming from tho.  feel free to disagree.

I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

jetxl

There was a piece of wallpaper in zak mackracken (I Think! somebody conferm)

there was an string with eyes in MI1.
and a piece of flint&cannonball to make fire as well.

|Alky|

Quote from: taryuu on Sat 04/10/2003 07:48:24
i thougth these were kinda of good (subject)/plot lines.  i was trying to go for stuff that hadn't really been explored in adventure games at all. of course magintz cut out my coolest idea (my opinion) of an alternate history.  (hitler won WW2, russians won the cold war etc.)  i guess that was just to make the (two) winners ideas make more sense.  

altho now that we've dropped the 2003 requirement, it should still work.

anyway what i had in mind for the contest was more of a plot based game.  i didn't want to tie anyone down, just make them use some idaes that haven't been fully explored yet in adventure games.

as far as i'm concerned, you reallly only have to use elements of the plot ideas. ie you don't have to travel back in time so long as your story has some sort of mention of time travel in it.  

that's whe're i'm coming from tho.  feel free to disagree.

I'm a passionate fan of alternate history fiction, so I'm kinda annoyed that it was cut out. So I'll do a game based around it, and make it qualified through the whole time-travel thing. Or I'll slack off for another month. No promises ^_^
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

Paranoia

;D to give everyone a fair chance i'm withdrawin from this one... okayyyy what i really mean is... someone else can come last place this month, i just don't have the time this month and being brain dead isn't helping!
good luck to all who enter :D

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I've got the flu, but I still can work, promise!
screenies!
http://itkid.com/images/screeniemags.jpg
http://itkid.com/images/screeniemags2.jpg
It includes time travel, post apocalyptic world and all of the characters are AGSers.
Al_Ninio - main character.
Annie - Al's boss
Miez - scientist
n3t - maniac.
Me - Evil Bitch, the antagonist
The rules are awesome, BTW.

NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

foz

My mags game sounds similar to Femme Stalkin's
Except mine has horror in it too.....Its called  "Apocolypse Vel"...
Thats Hannibal lector in this pic and  a couple of forum members.

Should be ready in a week....or so..

fOz

Vel

Oh, Im so honoured to be in it. Can I see a screenie of me?

edit: Oh wait. Im the one with the hat, right?

Minimi

hey there are 2 guys with hats on. Is that me, strongsad?? Because my avatar is strongsad, so I feel a strong sad feeling coming up that I'm too in the game ;)

Hobbes

Nice painting on the wall, foz. ;)

Vel

GarageGothic did the other one, f00. Not me.

foz

Ive added touches such as the paintings in order add other forum members into the game in a very subtle way.....

I hope the relevant people don`t mind...

Don`t worry its not gonna be a vulgar game in the mould of flashbax....

....i`ll leave all the vulgar stuff for the flashbax :prequel..

Laters

fOz

P.s.  Minimi   your not wearing a hat the top of your head is missing...
Its your brain sticking out.....
..Mr LECtor had something to do with that....

Pet Terry

Someone put me in your game :P

...or I will eat you.

I can be a guy who looks scared or something, just like in my avatar!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk