OCTOBER MAGS

Started by magintz, Wed 01/10/2003 16:43:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Vel

Hobbes: I have a bad feeling about buccaneer being put in it. Petteri: are you sure?

Pet Terry

Yes, why not I wouldn't mind if Hannibal would eat my brains :P

...in a game of course.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

foz

Hobbes / vel bucineer is`nt in my game apart from a painting on mr. lectors wall......He`s an admirer of fine art and wine....

This is`nt  a game in the flashbax mould....(i don`t think any way. )

I saw the comp thought i`d have a go .....

Hopefully everyone will enjoy the finished game...

Nuff said..

ps..
Petteri

It might be worth my while putting you in....as i`d definatley get your vote..

I`ll think about it........The only prob is i`ll have to draw more screens and sprites ....have i got the time to do it ......not sure..

Hopefully it`ll be good enough to get ya vote anyway...

Laters

Paranoia

i know i withdrew, but i'm addicted! so mainly because its like what i want to do in my main project, i'll have a go, the only thing is i've only got 15 days :-\

640x400 hi color
1 forum member, may talk depending on time
time travel, nuclear wasteland, horror
squeezed into 5 rooms more depending on time :-\
3inv items
3 animations
this is the first room, but the textures, lighting may be changed, if it looks bare thats because the object aint there! :P

jetxl

Is that iron man in the background?

Paranoia

yes it is iron man, hes from 3D cafe... http://www.3dcafe.com/ a great site for free 3D meshes
i'm not sure if he's staying, hes not what i really want but times against me

Ishmael

I got fifteen days, and all I got done is main character, plot, desing, puzzles, needing final touches... soo I gotta get drawing, I guess......
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

foz

I should be in a possition to release in next few days.......

Game has intro...5 playable rooms...lots of puzzles...and ending seqeunce.....
Plus 8 characters.....
Forum members that made it in.....Duzz,rEmiXOr,Vel,minimi

I `ll leave it at that for the moment..

Laters fOz

Ishmael

I was just wondering... since I haven't included a forum member yet, I thouht does using someone's avatar or part of it count? I guess does, but I mean like if someone has Snoopy in their avatar, and I put snoopy on the game? Or like CJ falling from the sky? "Oh me god! Look what you did! Our God! If he's got even a single hair cut you are going to suffer!"

----- EDIT -----

OMG! The BOOK! Play by the Book!

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Vel

Oh really foz........so interesting.....cant wait to play that game..........OMG.........OmG............

foz

Apocolypse VEL  finished (baring any bugtesting still in progress)
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?category=2&action=detail&id=282&refresh1066081254

Vel ,

i don`t understand your last post......

is it sarcasm or are you interested......i`m not sure..

You still seem to be using lots of .........................

Something that apperantly annoys you.

Play the game if you like give an honest oppinion, its uploading .....now

......Just remember i have not given you the flashbax treatment in this game....

I think i`ve been very gentle in my use of you....

So theres no wanking scene to be offended by..

Just remember when you review it its a MAGS game thats taken me 11 days to make which means in your book that it can be a pile of shit and still get a good score....96%ish i`d say.....

REGARDS fOz......(Seriously please play i think even you might like it..)
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?category=2

Paranoia

Quote from: TK on Mon 13/10/2003 10:41:19
I was just wondering... since I haven't included a forum member yet, I thouht does using someone's avatar or part of it count? I guess does, but I mean like if someone has Snoopy in their avatar, and I put snoopy on the game? Or like CJ falling from the sky?

my member in the game is just a avatar, well talking n shit  :-[ but i did ask em first..
CJ's freefall must be the longest in history ;)

foz

I used avatars for some.....but i did draw some from their photos in the avatar....

I think as long as it represent that person its okay.....

fOz

Evil

Gah. Shit. I have very high doubts on finishing my game... I still only have concept art... And with 20+ rooms and 4 scratch characters with custom walk cycles, it has been slowing me down...

PureGhostGR

*grin*

Greetings,

Is it possible for a newbie to enter the competition?

And if so, where can somebody upload the game? Is there a specific place or must I find a host?

Finally, regarding "post-apocaliptic world", will an abandoned planet suffice or am I pushing my luck on that one?

thanks.

Minimi

1. Yes, you may enter the competition.
2. Yes, you must find your own host
(goto www.2dadventure.com/ags/upload/upload.html)
3. Yes, that's fine

Squinky

If your game is under  1 meg, I believe you can use the temporary upload space that neole provides in the critics lounge.

Ishmael

As for, both mine and Minimi's games for last month MAGS were our first...

Hmm... Meaning it must TAKE PLACE in apocalyptic world, not PRODUCE one?  ::) Oh, just need to put in a longer description... or a leaflet.... whatever...

foz

TK ....are you refering to Apocolypse vel.....

The game had a few of the criteria asked .....and it did take place in a apocalyptic world.....(they do need to be created at some point......normally over thousands of years ......i took a short cut).

The way it pans out in the story is what i was thinking after seeing the rules......which then allowed timetravel to be part of the game.

Ishmael

I was talking about my game... I have plot finishing in progress.... I'll play your game when I get my own laptop connected to the internet... at least... Which is next monday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk