OCTOBER MAGS

Started by magintz, Wed 01/10/2003 16:43:52

Previous topic - Next topic

jetxl

This is just grand. MY MONITOR IS BUST. good thing my computer/hd is still breathing...{note:make backup-copy}
I have to get a new one in time.

Paranoia

:-\i def out of this one, everything that can go wrong is going wrong, so instead of chuckin the pc out of the window, i'll stand back, take a break and try again next month.....then i'll chuck the pc!

foz

Is anyone else entering this month...?

I hate to think that i slugged my guts out to enter only to find its a one horse race...

fOz.

PureGhostGR

Well, I am trying my best to enter.

I've tried organising the workload, but it is simply "alot"..

keep in mind that this will be my first AGS game so I am still trying to figure out stuff (engine etc).

What is the deadline is for? Submiting or voting (or both).. If I post on the 24th, lets say, will it be okay? or should I do it a few days earlier?

a silly question really..

what should I try to aim for? Graphics? Riddles? Involving experience or creativity in the design? Typically all these should apply, but what does really count on a MAGS competition?

Thanks.

Minimi

the thing that really counts, is having phun. I you have no fun, don't enter, if you have, then enter. Graphics don't matter, though it shouldn't look like the drawing of a 4 years old girl/boy WHATEVAH!... and what seems to be important is the plot/story/dialog...you don't need advanced knowledge or something to enter, just make sure you get most of the bugs out, and make a topic of your full game, before the end of 25th of october, so you can enter.

Paranoia

like minimi sez just have fun,if you've got a good story with interesting puzzles it doesn't really matter what the graphics are like, mags is a good way to learn, if you need help aong the way there is always someone to help
have fun!!

Ishmael

I ares teh entering, with the game done for except putting it together, all graphics done, just fiddling with AGS now... GUI allmost done... just a few things to double check so they work... I think I get it done be 25th...

I'll need to copyright teh "Whatever"... ;D
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

foz

The last few days...i`ve been adding 3 more playable rooms,3 more characters and a new puzzle element...

These parts were semi planned but i thought i would `nt have time to include.....hopefully this will be the version for mags this month.

fOz

magintz

*feels upset that he isn't going to be in anyone's game
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

foz

Maybe next time magintz.......

I get the feeling some people would prefer not to be included in my games..

.....ps IVE JUST UPLOADED THE FINAL VERSION OF APOCOLYPSE VEL

with the extra 3 rooms....3 extra characters...3 extra invent items and extra puzzle elements...

fOzz

Ishmael

* TK thinks of a way to put Mag in his game....

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

remixor

Quote from: Magintz on Sun 19/10/2003 14:20:00
*feels upset that he isn't going to be in anyone's game

But, in a way, you ARE in every MAGS game... You are the spirit of MAGS.  Or something.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

magintz

Yay me  ;D

Well, it looks like there might be a lot of really good games this month. Can't wait.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Ishmael

I got a screenshot... and bug reports...

PureGhostGR

I've finally managed to finish my entry. :)

Does anyone have any good links to suggest for me to upload the file?

2.4MB

I'll post some screens in the morning..

right now all I want is to zzz..

Ishmael

Eeep :) Don't use freewebs.. it's fraggin' slow download. Geocities or tripod?

PureGhostGR

Ok, here is my entry.

-a screenshot-

Game Announcements Thread
-Astranded-

Tell me what you think :)

Ishmael

.... I'm stoned ....

Trapezoid

That explains a lot.

Ishmael

HEY! ;D No, not stoned, but stunned rather...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk