OCTOBER MAGS

Started by magintz, Wed 01/10/2003 16:43:52

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeKay

I'm on no-ones side... just yet... dunno.

Czar

i usually do do this kind of replies but:
Lol.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

foz

I don`t do it either........

LOL

LOL again.

magintz

And we have a winner!

It was very close voting this month and all three entries were superb, we had a range of humour, sci-fi and overall madness where the character took everything but the kitchen sink. ;D

Now to announce the winner.....

*drumroll*

PureGhostGR and his game Astranded
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Ishmael

Congrats! :D I knew! I could have bet a load of money for your's!
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

PureGhostGR

I can't believe this... wow..

A big 'thank you' to everyone who played and voted for the games.

Also congrads to both Foz and TK for participating in this event and making these great entries.

*grin*

Thanks again!

foz

Looks like i must of scared all my voters off.............
256 d/loads and not enough votes............

Well done to PUREghost

I liked your game very very much..........

Remember its not the winning its the taking part..............

....Has vel got a secret gang together called maybe.....D- V- F- F- M-G..........
Dont --Vote --For -- Foz`s -- Mags  -- Game

.............Its all going wrong the bomb did`nt get detornated and now this.............

Boo Hoo ................Boo Hoo........

foz

Quote from: Magintz on Tue 28/10/2003 11:39:38

It was very close voting this month and all three entries were superb, we had a range of humour, sci-fi and overall madness where the character took everything but the kitchen sink. ;D

Everything but the kitchen sink...............APOC:VEl had the kitchen sink as an inventory item.......

Everything but the kitchen sink...............APOC:VEl had the kitchen sink as an inventory item.......

TeeKay

I belive that's a saying... or whatever they are called, but means approximately that everything that can be ripped off is taken... :P

remixor

Whoops, I would have voted for Apocalypse: Vel, but I didn't have access to the internet while voting was going on.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

foz

Remixor.........

So it was you that cost me the win.............

Never mind i`m not bitter..............much.

Dave Gilbert

Congrats PureGhostPR!  I enjoyed your game very much.  I was especially impressed at how you incorporated the "use forum members in the game" rule without making it in-jokey.

Anyway, there were some great entries this month.  Looking forward to next month.  Maybe I'll enter this time.

-Dave

Totoro

Quote from: foz on Wed 29/10/2003 16:29:52
Remixor.........
So it was you that cost me the win.............
Never mind i`m not bitter..............much.
Maybe the other game was just better?  ::)
[spam]
Anyway, if I WERE two people, I would have voted for PureGhost's game twice, and if I were 50 people I would have voted 50 times so it was me who made it look so close :P
[/spam]
PureGhost, your game was really nice, I hope I can see more games made by you soon :). And somehow I feel this month was a great Mags-month and I am looking forward to november, when its dark outside and cold and many people stay at home making games :)

foz

Totoro......

Maybe the other game was better..........I thought it was very good.

I nearly voted for it myself......

As for voting if i were 2 people (one would go to work and earn money and the other would spend it...)........and if i were 50 people 49 would go to work and earn money and the other would have an excellent time spending it.)......

The remixor comment is in jest................have`nt worked that out yet.

Now if first prize was a million pounds i would be really pissed off...

Totoro

Quote from: foz on Wed 29/10/2003 18:05:40
Now if first prize was a million pounds i would be really pissed off...
That's a good idea for the MAGS anyway, could we discuss about it? The winner of next month can choose either to get one million pounds OR to choose the rules of the following month :)

SSH

Maybe PureGhost could consider for next month's MAGS a game where famous battles between people are resolved peacefully and they kiss-and-make-up: e.g. Foz and Vel, DG and Yahtzee, Bush and Saddam, etc.
;D ;D ;D ;D

Minimi

I'd like to see for next month, some scripting things, like "Make a game without any if into it!", or a game with animal as maincharacter. I luv animals!

PureGhostGR

*grin*

I've given the new set of rules.. I hope everyone will be pleased. I should mention that I did include foz's request (kind of).. after all it was a very close win and I think he earned it.

I hope you will find the theme interesting and fun. I've checked the previous Mags competitions and couldn't find anything similar to it (although the theme is something common to games actually).

As Minimi and Paranoia pointed out to me, remember to have fun no matter what you do.

:)

Paranoia

the games have all been great this month, it was  very hard to pick which on should win, well  done PureGhostGR, cool game ;D
can't wait to see next months rules, hopefully foz can see past his red haze and do another ;)

foz

I might make another..........

i also appologize for my conduct........it has been very off......

and i think i have lost any gripe that i had by get that angry.......

Never mind........

I need to reflect.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk