AGS-OQ Dialog Competition - 01/10/03 till 23/10/03 - WWW.AGS-OQ.TK

Started by Minimi, Wed 01/10/2003 21:15:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimi

The second AGS Originality Quest Competition is about to be starting!
AGS-OQ is a serie of competitions that are somehow related to originality. You can read all the information you want to know about AGS-OQ at the website. You can view the rules, entry's of this and previous competitions, and see the prices available!

HTTP://www.ags-oq.tk

This originality quest is about dialogs. It's the goal to write a so original as possible dialog between 2 characters.
1- The conversation is between 2 characters, and you give info about their personalities.
2- The dialog should contain at least 5 dialog-options
3- Write the entry as shown in the example
4- Make the dialog as original as possible. Try to avoid a clichè!
5- Do not write it like one-line-question, one-line-answer style, but try making real conversations.
6- The conversation can be about anything, but try not to hurt peoples feelings with it!
7- Send your entry by email to peter@w8ff.com, or PM me, at the forum. the username is "Minimi".
8- Entry's must be in by 23rd October!

Look at this example to know how to write your entry!
EXAMPLE
SUBJECT - AGS-OQ DIALOG ENTRY
TITLE = Blinded Blindman Blindness
CHA#1  = His name is Icunot and he is a blind man. He is a really talky guy with also an alcoholic problem
CHA#2 = Her name is Nursey, who is a helpfuill young lady, that meets Icunot in the cafetaria.
PLAYER = #2
DIALOG OPTIONS :
ON#1 = Uhm, aren't you that blind guy they all talk about?
ON#2 = Hey That are some really nice sunglasses!
ON#3 = Why do you hang out in this cafetaria, instead of doing something fun?
OFF#4 = Have you ever visited a psychologist, because your mouth seems to never shut up!
OFF#5 = How I about I help you quiting the drinking?

#1 = Icunot : "No, I'm not I'm just blind and they all talk about me, you must have picked the wrong blind guy!"
Nursey : "Hmm... but they said I could find you here!
Icunot : "Who said that?"
Nursey : "They!"
Icunot : "Oooh! They... I know them... darn They! I shoulda kept it a secret!"
option-off 1
option-on 4
return
#2 = Icunot : "I know don't you like the colour they are nicely black!"
Nursey : "But you said you couldn't see!"
Icunot : "I can't but for me is everything black!"
option-off 2
return
#3 = Icunot : "Like what?"
Nursey : "I dunno"
Icunot : "me neither"
Nurney : "ok, thanks for this great explanation!"
Icunot : "Anytime!"
option-off 3
return
#4 = Icunot : "Have you ever visited the opticien, because you never stop looking!"
Nursey : "Good one!"
Icunot : "Thanks"
option-off 4
option-on 5
return
#5 Icunot : "Why do people always want to take away the things I like?"
Nursey : "Because it's wrong to drink so much??"
Icunot : "So you want to take the only part that's fun for me away, because you think it's better??"
Nursey : "Well, when I think about it, bad things can also be good in some situations."
Icunot : "Precisely! And that's why I sit here, and have a great time and enjoy life!"
Nursey : "OK! I respect that. Have a great sit!"
Icunot : "Ok, that'll be just fine, with that great poster of the gorgeous girl on the wall!"
Nursey : "What??? how you know that?"
Icunot : "OOOPS.....!"
option-off 5
end

Good luck this month!

Voting will start the 24th of October!
And the voting is the same as the last time.
You give your votes in this thread and give your top3 entry's with the names of the authors

If there are any more questions, just ask! ;)
PS : I wrote this example myself, and it sucks, so make a better one! ;)

Eggie

Are we allowed to use the option-on/off commands?
Dialogs, in my opinion, allways seem a bit...fake if you don't use them...

Minimi

yes yes you can, I just didn't use it in the example... I'll change the example! I agree that option on and off is vital to a dialog.

Eggie

It is now 10PM...I have just finished writing up my dialog and sending it to you...
My ears feel hot...my eyes hurt...

Fleurgh...

evilspacefart

what about the contestants making a short game with only dialogs just to showcase those dialogs so we can go through them and play with the options?

DragonRose

For some bizzarre reason, I don't think the Dialog Competition has been a success.  Maybe next month should go back to just writing plots?  I enjoyed that set of rules.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

|Alky|

I'd kinda like to see a proper trailer competition, and since MAGS doesn't really allow for non game based rules, I think you could host a pretty cool one. Otherwise, maybe just another plot competition?
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk