The grand great flaming wars!!

Started by Andail, Thu 02/10/2003 12:07:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Everything is allowed in this thread. If you want to avoid foul language and attacks on your person, look away.
Don't enter the war if you're sensitive about what other say about you.

The concept is simple; there will be an issue to argue about, and any amount of participators are allowed, on either of the sides. Whether you attack the arguments or the people arguing is up to you. Preferably some of both, at least in the beginning.

This thread will run for a week or so. Afterwards we vote who's the best flamer.

Rules
1. You must not let the frustration be expressed in other threads or boards than this.
2. Moderators of this board may participate, but may not use their moderating powers to manipulate or remove opponents' posts.
3. You must not double post. Flooding the thread is no way of winning.
4. Since we must be friends afterwards, don't be too darn personal.

The topic is: "Are there too many newbies on these boards?"

Get annoyed, get tasteless, get on with it!!!!11

Paranoia

FFS!! this topic really fuckin sucks Andail! we ALL kno theres far to many newbie! the little twats posting stupid post in the wrong places, personally i think we should shot the bastards, or get them to bite the heads off bats, sign their souls over to CJ, then  kiss DG's feet for a week, while been shafted by the rest Mods

bit lame but i always was a wanker :P
edit...
i want minimi to join in... wonder if god will save him here?! ;) ;D

DGMacphee

STFU Paranoia! You are such a n00b! You joined up like a month ago! Get out of our forums! You, and only you, made all the cool people disappear! Now this forum fucking sucks all thanks to you, loser!
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Minimi

Let's do it the eminem style :

Yes I know i'm a fuck, and I know I am a twat, and I know I'm one of the biggest  n00bs, I do post too much, and I haven't ever touched any boobs. I do suck with the game, and I am so lame... but does that really matter?
I am atleast fatter, than your stupid blue 3dmax guy, paranoia, I even think you are yourself so fat, you need to wear a bra.

Enough about you, cause you don't deserve so many words. Accept it paranoia, although it sometimes hurts. I atleast admit I am a n00b. The change starts there, because I care, and I'm aware, that most of n00bs are like sitting in a chair, and never ever try to stand up and shut up.

So fuck you all, all ya all... if you don't like me, screw ya. Cause all these darn n00bies here that think they are so shiny... all they do is acting whiny.

And what we are really looking for, is some n00bs that try to change their behavior more. If a n00b is like that, I respect that, and I call him my brother, instead like you you little twat. And do not disrespect our forumking DGmacphee, Cause I will pee... ON YOU ... Moehahaha

Greetz,
Minimi  :-X

Paranoia

just for the fuckin record i've been here since april, but just like you DG i'm a drama queen and spit my dummy now and again! what does DG stand for? dogs genitals maybe?PMSL@fat i'm a lot of things biut i aint fuckin fat! the bras, well they are another story, but you promised me minimi you would tell anyone of our midnight trips to the x dressers bars in amsterdam :P i guess thats why you've never touched a boob :-\
i see every fucker else are so far up their own asses to reply!

DG=forum king?! WTF!! CAN YOU SUCK UP ANY HARDER!

Trapezoid

Okay, we got a couple foreign teenage putzes bickering in broken English here, with a little bit of DG's tragically misguided sense of irony pissing in the corner. So far this whole thing sucks.
The thing about newbies is that it's funny as fuck to watch them getting on the oldbies' nerves. Extra points if it's some jailbait dingbat who can get m0ds' little libido going, which isn't terribly hard because he's the most desperate prick on the whole forum. It'll be a sad day when he inevitably renders himself sterile via some idiotic pyrotechnics mishap.
So there's the definitive answer. The more newbies, the better. The more they annoy our effeminate leaders into uppity acts of pouting and wrist flailing, the better. Go newbies, you hopeless little bastards.

EDIT: Oh, and Eminem sucks musty veteran cock.

Vel

HELL YEAH!!!
I hate most of the newbies! They just join the boards, flood them with critics such as "COOL" or "SUX" and then post a help me with everything thread. It is goddamn annoying. Of course, there are some exceptions, but they are too few. I think that there should be an "experienced agsers" board, the access to which should be granted by doing a test on ags fundamentals, adventure games in general etc.

Migs

I don't normally say this, but I love you guys!!!!!  GROUP HUG!!!!! ;D
This signature intentionally left blank.

Andail

Migs, for christ's sake, this is flame wars, not lame wars

I understand you must be yearning for body contact, but this is like the worst place ever to ask for it

Trapezoid

Meanwhile, Andail secretly PMs Migs, digital camera on and pants off.

DGMacphee

First of all, Minimi: Eminem is an autistic manchild --Anyone who quotes his lyrics would have to be twice as moronic as him.

And don't suck up to me with this forumking nonsense -- The day I get crowned, it'll be for giving you a good kick up the arse

Paranoia: not only are you stupid but you're also a liar -- I checked your profile and it said you registered in August, despite whether you've been lurking here since April.

As for the dogs gentials comment, I'm sure that's sophisicated humour on the planet Melmac, but around here it makes you look like a pissweak bitch, you n00b!

Ah Trapazoid -- the answer to a question no one asked.

Go back to making your stupid animutions or what ever they're called (I don't really care cause it's just a bunch of stupid crap with some Pokemon music in the background -- pfffft, who the hell watches Pokemon anyway? "Ooo! Trapazoid! I choose you!" What a load of horseshit!)

Migs: How about we GROUP PISTOLWHIP you until you lie unconscious in a pool of your own blood?

Go back to your commune and hug your dirty hippy friends if you want love and affection -- If you want to flame, go somewhere else as well.

Everyone who I've stated above is a n00b -- not because they've been here for a short time but because they are so lame.

They are n00bs based on principle.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Migs

I know you all have this ferocious ill-gotten ungodly hatred toward me, but I think if we all just sit down and discuss our differences, we can get past our animosity.  I think we'll find that in the deepest solitudes of our souls the fires of loathing are dying, surplanted with the warm glow of compassion and human love.  We should not restrict, but  magnify the sweet sensations and tender anxieties swelled within our breasts, rejoicing evermore in our newfound friendships.

And I love n00bs!
This signature intentionally left blank.

Andail

Quote from: Migs on Thu 02/10/2003 19:23:02
I know you all have this ferocious ill-gotten ungodly hatred toward me, but I think if we all just sit down and discuss our differences, we can get past our animosity.  I think we'll find that in the deepest solitudes of our souls the fires of loathing are dying, surplanted with the warm glow of compassion and human love.  We should not restrict, but  magnify the sweet sensations and tender anxieties swelled within our breasts, rejoicing evermore in our newfound friendships.

And I love n00bs!

Holy shit, somebody throw some water at him, this guy is cumming

Ishmael

My personal opinion about n00bs.... Why in the name of fuck they dont read the goddamn fraggin' manual? As stated before, the come ask about how do you do this, in a whole one line, someone quotes the manual, or just tells how it goes, and they reply with a crappy "thanx". I would like to flame those SOB's sorry asses, but I'm too far from those little pieces of shit. I don't have a flamethrower which reaches to their fucking homelands... A test... Where they just need to answer a few fraggin' simple technical questions to show that they have read the manual. "READ", I say, not "RED", red is a color, and you son fo a bitches don't clolor the manual, do you? Hell, I just am sometimes so fucking annyed when I notice there are like ten new theads asking something, what the F*cking Manual can answer, and then, some idiot posts a topic about "fight system", when just like seven theades from the sticky ones is one titled "combat system". Those please-do-it-all-for-me-and-shit n00bs just don't seem to read anything! They just go and post and wait someone to tell them exactly how it is done. That just sux. I have fraggin' replyed to them for a long time, and helped many, some of them have become (at least seemingly) respected members of the community, but some are still whate they have all the time been... They ask every f*cking thing that comes upon them, they don't seem to know the manual has more than 3 pages. I say to FUX0Rz with the stupid-that-can-be-found-in-the-manual questions, and leave some room for the actually technical questions, like about complicated scripting, or problems with something that has been done by the manual's instructions. And also, those idiots should get synonym dictionary. "Conversation" is a synonym to "Dialog", so if you can't find what you are lookin for with "dialog" when searching, why not try "conversation"?? What fucking idiots. Or do those people even know what is "search"? Do they think that the experienced poeple just have the answers, they just need to ask? Hell no! There are search engines, why not use them? Oh, "they all give me like ten pages of some crap", well, why not read through the crap and see if what you searched for is there, because, with my experience, if you search with "Adventure Game Studio" as keywords in Google, I'm pretty sure you won't get a elementary shool tv-document about the life of baboons in Indonesia as the first result. The first result might in that case be the AGS website, where, by the way, is clearly said, that AGS is not for everyone! You need to know something about computers, scripting in C, adventure games, or so on, so you can get something really done with AGS. But why do people come here asking how to make characters, when it is in the manual. The forum rules, manual, beginner's FaQ, etc. seem like nothing, judgeing from these questions asked. And then there's the issue of #ags. N00bs appear there asking fucking stupid questions about "what is Roger" and how do to that and how to do that, saying "oh super cool I want to do that how is that done?" when they could just ask, for example, "now do you change the text color?", and someone might help, instead of people starting to speak 1337 and/or making jokes. They should read MIRC/whateverprogram instructions also.

There, have I said enough? Oh, forgot the cursewords... well...

FUCK! DAMMIT! SHIT! HELL! SCREW YOU! GO TO HELL! YOU SON OF A BITCH's! GET LOST, WE DON'T WANT YOUR SORRY ASSES HERE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS!

Ouch, my flamethower just melted...

But honest: There are some newcomers I respect, but the rest, which are many, I WILL KEELHOAUL THE DAY THEY STAND AGAINST ME! Or even try to annoy me! I got bad temper, but I am now tired, so I can't  really properly grab this subject be the ass and throw up to the crows nest...

----- EDIT -----

And btw. Paranoia: You seem to dislike Minimi, why's that, asshole? As far as I know him, he's a very nice guy who just seems to, in a way of speaking, 'be in the wrong place in the wrong time'. Fuck off, will you, Paranoid freak ;D

And as I have many times witnesed in #ags, some people are spoked bad of behind their backs. That sucks, unless it's question about certain persons, who I am not going to mention by name, because I don't want to! I want you to think your fucking eyes out tomorrow night thinking about who was I meaning. Screw you being-spoken-bad-off people!
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Trapezoid

TK, I can't even read all that shit. It's like a giant unformatted pile of retarded goat bile. Do us a favor, print your hellish run-on sentence out onto some good quality paper, roll it up into a straw, and go felch yourself.

Ishmael

That's the point. I wanted to make you uncomfortable with it. If you try to read it, but get confused, then try to find back to where you were, you'll eventually go insane, which I'm aiming for here. To make you all insane! Muahahah! I'll just print some of you critic's lounge theads, with some "great" art, on expensive toilet paper and go whip my ass with it.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Grundislav

The term "newbie" has to be defined in the appropriate context.  I think the negative connotation of "newbie" is the classic "n00b!" who comes on these forums saying "I ARES GONNA MAKE BIG EPIC GAME! BUT I WANT ALL YOU PEOPLE TO DO THE WORK FOR ME!1!!" and then they wonder why nobody wants to help them so they say "YOU ALL SUXXORS!!!11! I ARES GONNA SHOW YOU ALL BY MAKING BIG GAME WITH 10,000,000 ROOMS AND FULL TALKIE AND AWESOME GRAPHICS!!1!!"

Another wonderful quality is the classic one-word-post, most notably seen in the critic's lounge.  There's plenty of "newbies" on these boards, which is to say, newcomers to AGS who actually read the manual, learn it for themselves, and ask questions in a civilized manner should they need any help.  Unfortunately, these take a back seat attention-wise, as it is the "n00bs!" who come forth and tarnish the name for everyone else.

Having said that, let the flaming begin!

All you n00bs need to shut up and get off these forums unless you're going to make a positive contribution, which, sorry to say, rarely happens.  Make a game and then we'll talk.  And here's an idea...how about instead of hanging around in #ags all day talking about meaningless crap, you actually get off your asses and do something game-related?  I rarely even go in there anymore because I can't stand to listen to the childishness and stupidity that gets flung around like monkey dung at the zoo!

About 2 years ago when I first joined, this place was a small close-knit welcoming community.  Now it seems like every other day we get a new "TEAM NEEDED!1!!" post, or even worse, some stupid topic nobody cares about in the gen-gen forum like "HOW BIG ARES YOUR P3NISH!!1/!?!??"  I feel sorry for any serious newbies who join and see what a piece of crap this place has become.

That is all.  

P.S. DIE N00BS!1!!!!

Trapezoid

TK: Please do, just wipe properly this time. Everybody's sick of your horrible ass funk. It's probably why janitor at school won't give you a rimjob.

I don't know where I'm going with this...

LGM

Let's see.. n00bs.. Hmm, what a wonderful subject to invoke such contradicting, babble-infested, mindless dribble upon this world we call the internet.

Who in God's name would even take into consideration the presence of a n00b anyways? I mean, why are we talking about those maggot infested, disease ridden piles of flesh-eating mucus anyways? It's such a waste of time! The word n00b even includes the number "0" in it , in fact, it includes TWO "0's". I mean, having one zero is enough to merit insignificance.. But 2 zero's? It's utterly mind-boggling, I tell you!

As I sit here and read the ball-crunchingly horrendous crap that seeps out of the mouths of you infidelic vomit-harvesters, I continually feel the  need to repeatedly bash my head into a jagged wall until my brains seep out through the cracks of my skull. Every line I read in this thread I lose one more molecule of intelligence I had earlier.

Hear me now, you wastes of human flesh! Stop this infalable arguing before I personally remove the bowels of every single one of you and show them to little children on the street corner JUST so they can see what true bull-shit really looks like.

In all honesty, I truly do hate you guys from the deepest, darkest depths of my hearts. And for that, you should be lucky, as I could be mean enough to not spare you from any more of my harsh words. I can tell by your feeble attempts at flaming your fellow board-members that you were not prepared for what I have lashed out at you so instensely. I bet that right now you're all weeping silently to yourselves as you slowly realise the truthness that this post holds.

But you know what? It doesn't really matter because I shouldn't have been wasting my time with you Cunt-Licking, Fart Bellowing, Ass-Craving, Dirt Fuckers in the first place..

And I said Good Day!
You. Me. Denny's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk