AGS Photoshop Phriday 26/9/2003 - "Adventure Games in the Past"

Started by DGMacphee, Fri 03/10/2003 13:45:09

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMacphee

What is a Photoshop Phriday?

Photoshopping isn't drawing a completely new image -- It's editing images to create a new image, such as editing one image or combining several images.

Also, you don't have to specifically use Photoshop -- Paint Shop Pro, MSPaint, or any other programs can be used.

See this link:
http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop/

And for other examples, see here:
http://www.worth1000.com/

The two above websites should give a fair idea of what is involved.

Also, make sure your image doesn't exceed the width of the screen -- If it does, I will delete it.

-------------------------------------

What do I have to do?

This week's Photoshop Phriday is: "Adventure Games in the Past"

Adventures games have been popular since the 70s.

However, many adventures have origins dating way, way back in history.

Your job is to place any adventure game in a historical context.

For example:

Be excellent to each other and party on dudes!
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Dave Gilbert

Who knew Kolyma was in Delaware?

makri

Damn. I was planning to do something for this one before I leave to Canadia for a few weeks (leaving tomorrow) when a while ago my computer just suddenly shut down (just powered off). I turned it back on and right away it did it again. I guessed it was a heat problem and opened the case. The heatsink (zalman flower cooler) was hanging half attached on top of the processor.

This is the second time the motherboard heatsink tray has broken a clip. A 2.5 GHz Pentium IV doesn't run all that nicely without any cooling. Damn Soltek. Last time it broke they (the importing company) only had one spare they sent me and it was already broken on arrival so I got a whole new mobo. Pretty dangerous (for the processor) if the cooler can just fall off any time when I wasn't even moving the damn puter.

I don't think I'm gonna fire up PSP on this (my wife's) computer, it seems to use 1.75 times the physical memory just to run with av, fw and a browser :)

Edit: The point of this post? I feel the most comfortable in this subforum (Competitions and Activities) in these threads (PS Phridays), so I just came in to say bye bye for a while :)
Thud. Thud. Thud. Splat.

sergiocornaga

Hey! I feel most comfortable in this subforum too!  :o

Anym

I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

Dave Gilbert

Now that's just disturbing.

Is Darwin feeling up that monkey?

Nacho

Now revealed CIA photos show that the american agency had, actually, an agent in the Reichstag.

I couldn´t resist when I saw the pic of Blondie and the big son of a b*tch...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Dave Gilbert

Bit lame photoshopping a character from my own game, but...

Joey poses with the rest of the Rat Pack during a tour in Las Vegas.

SSH

Howard Carter is congratulated on his discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb by another archeologist:

DragonRose

I never noticed before how much Howard Carter looks like Hitler.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Minimi

Hmm... This is the first time I'm joininh the Photoshop Phriday... so, here is mine. It's the real reason why dinosaurs extincted!

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Nacho

But you should´ve used the purpre tentacle, for contrast... Furthermore, green is too good guy for causing a massive extinction, IMO.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Ginny

Heh, Farlander, I was just gonna say that! I could almost not see green tentacle there in the grass, but it's still hilarious. I'm a sucker for dinosaurs ;)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Minimi

Quote from: Farlander on Thu 09/10/2003 14:39:03
But you should´ve used the purpre tentacle, for contrast... Furthermore, green is too good guy for causing a massive extinction, IMO.
It's the prehistoric tentacle.. Through the evolution it became purple. And also, it now has good coverage for the grass... to kill all dinosaurs.

Anym

The arms clearly identify it as a purple tentacle. It's just a very green-ish kind of purple.  ;)
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

Ginny

Lol, Minime, that kinda make sense. He could also pretend to be grass and be poisonous and then they will eat him...

Err, maybe not ;)
Good camoflage(sp?) though :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Minimi

Looks like my picture is popular! ;) lol... I'll try making another photoedit tomorrow ;) .. I have one week holidays tomorrow  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk