A hand-painted picture in Photoshop

Started by Migs, Sun 05/10/2003 07:16:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Migs

I used some customized brushes for the dragon.  Tell me if everything looks good.  This is a possible screenshot.

EDIT: These are special brushes where you click and create a dragon instantly.  I did NOT make the dragon by hand.  I just applied the colors to everything, came up with a background, and touched it up to make it look cool.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Pessi

Looking really good, Migs! Is it really all by hand?

I think it's perfect for practical purposes, like for a game. But perhaps I would try and make it a bit less 3D'ish just for giggles. I don't really know what gives me the impression that it's 3D. Perhaps it's because it's very neat and the textures are a bit too clean and symmetrical. Sorry, I'm talking about it like it's a 3D image. :P

Anyway, to make it look more alive and kicking, you could perhaps make some hue and saturation (the same kind of effect as with human's skin) variation and slime dripping from the teeth or something.

Anyway, it's really stunning. Keep up the good work!

Scummbuddy

It looks like a toy was photographed and then put a snazzy background behind it.  If its all done by hand then bravo, you shouldnt have a problem getting a job.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

loominous

Guess he could ve used the 3d model as a reference but still ve painted it.

But I have to say it has a suspicious inconsistent look this painting/"painting".
Looking for a writer

Minimi

Hmmm... yes looks excactly the same as the 3D dragon. Migs? Can you post your sketches also on the forum, to prove you drawed it?

Paranoia

i agree it looks like the daz one. if i could draw like that i wouldn't be messing around with AGS, i'd be out makeing loads of money doing something i enjoy!
even if it is a 3d model i'd be proud of it

Evil

Paranoia, sush. Pessi could be listening :)

Erwin_Br

I wonder why people still keep trying to cheat. I mean, it ALWAYS comes out. You just have to be very dumb to keep trying.

--Erwin

Migs

No no no no no.  Like I said, I used CUSTOMIZED brushes for the dragon, meaning you select a dragon brush, click, and POOF! Instant dragon.  I WISH I was that good of an artist, but I guess that wasn't clear.  I got the brushes from Renderosity.

What you have to do, though, is apply certain colors and everything.  That's where technique comes in.  Wow!  Again, I only WISH I was that good of an artist.

loominous

The title 'handpainted picture' was a very appropriate choice in that case.
Looking for a writer

Layabout

You were found out. We all know you use poser and are fond of the Daz3d models. Do you realise you are making yourself sound like a complete dickhead by saying you used a so-called 'DRAGON BRUSH!!1!!'?

Let it go. Pulling a stunt like this has left you with no respect from other AGSers.

Idiot...
I am Jean-Pierre.

Migs

Quote from: Layaboogie on Tue 07/10/2003 02:59:30
You were found out. We all know you use poser and are fond of the Daz3d models. Do you realise you are making yourself sound like a complete dickhead by saying you used a so-called 'DRAGON BRUSH!!1!!'?

Let it go. Pulling a stunt like this has left you with no respect from other AGSers.

Idiot...

You say, "You were found out."  Found out what?  I clarified the issue, and edited the original post to further the clarification.

"We all know," you chortle, "you use poser and are fond of Daz3d models."  I honestly don't see the insult here.  Poser is a nice relatively cheap product (only a few hundred dollars), and Daz3d puts out some great stuff.

"Do you realise," you snort, "you are making yourself sound like a complete dickhead by saying you used a so-called 'DRAGON BRUSH!!1!!'?"

Despite all this so-called "respect" I've supposedly lost from other AGSers who you seem to represent and be the official spokesperson for when I "pulled" this alleged "stunt," I really don't care what you think, and whether I decide to show you a link to the dragon brushes or not really doesn't matter to me.

However, just for fun, I will anyway: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=21891

The dragon brushes are a great product if you don't have Poser but still want to make some cool dragon artwork.  I highly recommend them.  And next time, I suggest you actually search the web site I claimed sells the dragon brushes before you launch an ad hominem attack.  Much obliged.  8)

Gilbert

But "hand painted" with a Dragon Brush? Well... Whatever.

Migs

Hmmm...I can see your concern.  My real meaning behind "hand-painted" was that the coloring, specifically, was all hand-painted in Photoshop.  Technically, I suppose "hand-painted in Photoshop" is an oxymoron, unless I used a tablet which I never claimed to.

Look, all I want are comments on whether you think the overall picture looks good, and what could be done to improve it.  I don't think I need to apologize again for the confusion.  ::)

Layabout

Still, DRAGON BRUSH!11!!

No one in their right mind would buy such a thing.

Here is some critisism, Looks 3d. LENZ FLAER!1!!!

Now i shall leave this thread and never reply to it again.
I am Jean-Pierre.

MrColossal

can i see the image stamped onto a white background

i take it it's a greyscale image and you coloured it?

i just want to know what it originally looked like and what you added

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Andail

I think we should rather stop this now.
This is the critics lounge, not some courtroom.

Migs, I hope you've learned a lesson from this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk