MAGSIC II

Started by Wretched, Tue 06/09/2005 11:26:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Wretched

Well after enjoying writing Magsic so much I thought I'd make a sequel....

Plot:
After sailing away with Ear in Magsic a fierce storm separates the odd couple. Help Quaver find his way back to Ear by collecting 9 magical tunes, getting the inhabitants of the desert island to 'sing' the tunes for him. Sounds strange, well it is.

Screen shots:

Download links:
The new MagsicII
Download MagsicII (9.4 Mb)

Also the original game, Magsic
Download Magsic (9 Mb)

Comments and Bugs much appreciated.

sergiocornaga

Wow, already! How cool.

mathew

in this one i have only three themes...slugs ...chest ...and insects....i get the feeling you have to chase that 5th bird over to the nest and i see the staff....hmmmmm

Joyce

mathew
There are threads started in Hints & Tips for both games, you need to ask your questions in there :)

sunshinegold

Wretched:

I have restarted the game 3 times and always end up with my screen freezing when I try to use the key on the chest at the beginning of the game.

Is this a bug?

cittymom

Superb games!   I am truly addicted..... keep 'em coming!

ness

really different games. can't tell you how much i have enjoyed playing. well done for doing something way out of left field. i am not a musician but that didn't stop my enjoyment. keep it up
Take the road less travelled.... you won't meet so many idiots on the way.

Julie

love the games, took me many fun and frustrating hours to finish, but thanks to the quick responses in the hints threads have finished them both and cant wait for the next one.

lakerz

I've got to give you credit Wretched.  You have developed two highly unique games.  I truly don't know how you created the first one in just 5 days.  That is a monumental feat, and worthy of winning the mags award that month.

Maybe it was because I played them back to back, but I prefered the second one to the first, although both were fun.   I could have just gotten used to the type of puzzles, but I was more frustrated working through the puzzles in Magsic 1 than the sequel.  Regardless, fun beat out frustration by a large margin overall!  Some of the puzzles are very inventive, and again I don't know how you developed both games in such a short amount of time.  Well done!

Wretched

Lakerz and everyone,
Thanks for all the wonderful feedback. Basically not having a job and programming games for 25 years, means I'm quite fast, also Crave was only 3 weeks work, but still a lot of hours. I develop on the fly, sort of improvising the games as I go along, that way the puzzles tend to create themselves, probably bad but quick.
Think it = do it.

lakerz

I haven't tackled Crave yet, but given the 20+ page thread in the hints forum I know what I'll be in for.  ;D  Looking forward to it.  25 years programming games?  Cool!  You gotta really love what you're doing to stay in it for that long.  8)

ness

Lakerz

You are soooooooo going to love Crave.
Take the road less travelled.... you won't meet so many idiots on the way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk