Apocolyse : Vel - October MAGS entry

Started by foz, Mon 13/10/2003 16:55:48

Previous topic - Next topic

foz

This is my first MAGS game.....

Game has intro...5 playable rooms...lots of puzzles...and ending seqeunce.....Plus 8 characters.....
Forum members that made it in.....Duzz,rEmiXOr,Vel,minimi

Please download and vote if you like .......no pressure of coarse...

See MAGS game D/load section....
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=282

Laters fOz

Timosity

I just d/l it and my virus scanner picked up a virus in MAGSGAME.exe

MAGSGAME.exe was infected with Win32.Pinfi.A virus

it cleaned it but you should scan your drive and re upload the file.

I'll play it soon

Edit: I guess the virus was intended for vel, right

foz

If only i was that clever timosity....i`ll sort out file and upload new one.

Foz   cheers

Minimi

OO! This game is awesome! The intro, the explosion, the soundeffects, the conversations, and ofcourse the art and puzzles all GREAT!

Hmm... Do I never make sense? Grrr... oh well... It's a great game anyway!

foz

Thanks minimi....if you have`nt seen it yet the ending is good (i think anyhow)...watch all the credits.

Its my attempt to show mr.vel that even in 11 days you can make a game for mags that is`nt complete shit.....like some i don`t want to mention...

Hope you did`nt get any problems with the bug....i`m sorting that out at the moment ....i hate windows xp and norton.....nothing but virus bugs...my machine is giving loads of greif i just hope i can get the file back up quiickly..

laters   mr fOz

Vel

foz

If you read its says temp prob.....i`m doing system scan at moment.......

It`ll be up soon....

as much as i might liked to give everyone a virus i won`t do it intentionally......I`ll PM you as soon as the link is back...

Foz

Vel

Boooooooo! Broken link! I could "release" my secret project today and "fix" the link 10 days after.

* Vel thinks that is a good idea

foz

Vel would you like me to put it back up with the win32.pini virus......or i could pm the address.......

other than that it could be on tonite if my virus software sodding well hurrys up...........as the previus post from minimi suggest the game is finished and i think he likes what he`s seen......what do you think...

Foz

Vel

I do not want to offend neither you or minimi, but you know, his taste doesnt quite match with mine.

foz

To everyone ........i have over come my problem.....

The D/load link is back up and working.....sorry for inconvenience....
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?category=2&action=detail&id=282&refresh1066081254

My machine has big probs so i might not be able to do any more before deadline is up.......i just hop theres no major bugs......i`ll do my best to sort everything before my machine dies...

I need a format c:/ start from scratch..

FOZ

Kweepa

Wow!
That was excellent.
Very straightforward puzzles, but great characters, animation, backgrounds, plot and scripting!
Funny too!
Out of the one candidates, this one gets my vote.
Thanks foz.

Are there any other severed hand productions?

Cheers,
Steve

PS It could do with some text clean up - if you want feedback on that let me know at stevemccrea@hotmail.com.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

foz

Cheers steve..

Yes the next severed hand game.....is the prequel to flashbax.....in production as we speak.

When i made this game i could have snowballed in to a 15 - 20 room game with more characters and such....

But the clock was ticking and i wanted to present a complete package unlike other MAGS games ...including a intro,a few characters,some puzzles ,sfx,music and ending.

Which i have delivered ....Hopefully with not many bugs.

Thanks for your possitive response.

remixor

Hooray, I'm in a MAGS game!

Downloading now...
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Alexis Vale

I always wanted to know what it would be like to be a Vel.

Yuh-ay. Downloading now.

remixor

Nice, foz.  I really enjoyed this, especially for an 11 day MAGS game :)  Good puzzles, definitely, and I liked your use of multiple AGSers (can't say I was expecting my role ;))  Keep up the good work!

Duzz

I know I don't post much, but I always laugh out loud when reading the various fights and arguments that seem to regularly break out between forum members.  The natural evolution of this must be what foz has put out here, he's gone and made a great game that will, in quite good taste, piss Vel off to no end...

I hold no hostility towards you Vel, and indeed I eagerly await this games review in the next agsEzine  ;D

Anyway, I enjoyed the game foz, and you've got my vote (well I AM kind of IN it, so I can't really deny you THAT... ;D)

keep up the good work =)
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

remixor

Duzz: yeah, your first paragraph is spot-on :)

Timosity

Classic game foz, I'm sure even vel will appreciate it, if you can't laugh at someone taking the piss out of you, you just don't have a sense of humor.

Quote from: foz on Tue 14/10/2003 00:47:19But the clock was ticking and i wanted to present a complete package unlike other MAGS games ...including a intro,a few characters,some puzzles ,sfx,music and ending.

the clock is still ticking very slowly, it's only half way through the month, maybe you could have made it even better.

And there are other mags games with a complete package, one of the best ever was 'who killed kenny rogers' - by 2ma2, and mine in feb had about a 10 min intro, crappy puzzles, distorted story, explosive ending.

Spoiler
the only small bug I noticed was you could keep getting the key from the draw and if you opened the draw when it was open it said it was locked
and minimi could still talk after you removed his brain, maybe he's just really smart
[close]

It left me in a good mood after it finished, which is what a comedy game should do, well done in such a short time, just think what you could do in a month.

remixor

Quote from: Tìmosíty on Tue 14/10/2003 08:29:13
Spoiler
minimi could still talk after you removed his brain, maybe he's just really smart
[close]
This I'm guessing was deliberate
Spoiler
the only small bug I noticed was you could keep getting the key from the draw and if you opened the draw when it was open it said it was locked
[close]
This obviously not ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk