Apocolyse : Vel - October MAGS entry

Started by foz, Mon 13/10/2003 16:55:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Nostradamus

Ahem... I downloaded it again looking for the updated version but it was exactly the same

foz

I just tried the link and its got the new version on when i d/load....

On the map screen theres a new location added from the start after the explosion....

If anyone else has the same problem let me know......

The first added location has a oversized chicken in a pen...

fOz

Minimi

theres nothing wrong FOZ, I played it right after your update, and it's all ok... with the chicken and the winestore... Great game, and I loved playing it again, because you fixed those bugs in the dialogs!

foz

Cheers mr minimi........

i thought i`d not d/loaded it properly......

Mr Nostradamus has made a mistake and probaly played the first version by mistake....

MR .............fOzzzzzzzzzz

PeaceMan

Heh, rather amusing game, nice use of music and graphics.

Great inclusion of Arkwright as the shopkeeper, although he wasn't stuttering when he spoke in the game.

Can't wait for the FLASHBAX prequal.

Peace out.

Nostradamus

I downloaded it again and the new version works

Help me!

Spoiler
How do I get the wine in the new version?  I have two unused items that I can't figure out what do with - the saw and the hammer & chisel.
[close]

Timosity

Spoiler
Have you noticed you can go behind the bottle shop
[close]

Nostradamus

Timosity:
Spoiler
what shop?
[close]

Timosity

Spoiler
I'm not sure when it comes up on the map, but there is a shop (or shed) with one bottle on the shelf and a guy behind the counter, maybe try some other stuff first so the shop appears on the map????
[close]

Minimi

Nostradamus try this!

Spoiler

You need to talk to hannibal lecter about the wine. This sentence will appear after you try to grab my brains. Now you can go to the wineshop.
[close]

Vel

Nostradamus

Ha ha very funny Vel.  >:(

Thanks minime

Ishmael

In case I vote for this game, I'm not going to vote because it makes fun of Vel. I'm going to do that because of the beatiful graphics, good puzzles, humor, etc. IF.

But yes, I really liked it. The end was excellent, not b/c of what happened to Vel, but because of remixor coming up like that... I cracked a big time when he took the mask of... :D Good game, I like the room-to-room moving system... no need to cycle cursors every time when want to go to the map... :)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

foz

Whos to say anything really happened to vel maybe he just fainted........

I left that open to whatever you think happened....

TK: I`m glad you liked my little creation and i think everyone including vel knows it was done in good taste and is just a bit of leg pulling.
I would appriciate your vote....it would make it all worth while.

Expect to see some of these characters in the prequel(It`ll save on doing some new characters....remixoor might have to change from being that scary guy though...)

laters

Mr.fOz

Elianto

I've played Apocolypse and Flashbax and I've to say that you've done a really good job.

Althought I've to say that the Scream final was useless, the game plot was enough sarcastic versus Vel and nice to follow for anyone not involved in your questions.

That scene was a bit like the wanking, an extra that you could avoid working on making the plot a deeper...

Really good work (I'd like my first ags game to be at least half good as yours),

Elianto

ps: sorry for may bad english (it's 1:33 am here  ;)

foz

Elianto

The scream bit was a way of putting the horror  element in.....i refrained from showing any violence......and as already stated vel could have fainted rather than been killed.........who knows.

i`m glad you liked the game and hope you will vote....

Elianto

The point was not the violence, 5 days a stranger was stronger and I liked it REALLY much.

I wanted only to say that hte scream extra final was (in my opinion) useless and really distant from the sarcastic plot that was already a good and nice way to reply to Vel without "exceeding".

Keep up like this,

Elianto

foz

Elianto
You`re right it was bolted on as an after thought.........
And was`nt part of the original idea....

I tried to intwine it with the part where hannibal talks about vels childhood.

Any how i think ADAV has failed as the game is downloadable and our days of vel bashing are coming to a close.

Until he annoys anyone that is.....

Don`t forget to vote......elianto.....no pressure ofcoarse.

laters      foz

remixor

Quote from: Elianto on Sun 26/10/2003 08:45:57
The point was not the violence, 5 days a stranger was stronger and I liked it REALLY much.

I wanted only to say that hte scream extra final was (in my opinion) useless and really distant from the sarcastic plot that was already a good and nice way to reply to Vel without "exceeding".

Keep up like this,

Elianto

Well (again I may be biased here) that section was after the whole story and credits were done, so it wasn't necessarily time when he could have been doing more plot-related things.  To me it was more just a sort of bonus sequence the player gets for finishing the game and sitting through the credits.  The whole premise of the game was funny enough that I didn't think it detracted from the rest.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

n3tgraph

Very funny game ^_^

but I think when making fun of someone, you shouldn't try to hurt someones feelings (man I'm sounding like a hippy)

when you see yourself in someone else's game it's supposed to be the more funnier, and if Vel and Minimi don't think it's wrong it's okay.

Very nicely done though and the game idea was good too
* N3TGraph airguitars!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk