(I think) Broken Sword 3 will rock your various worlds.

Started by Ali, Fri 17/10/2003 12:36:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

I just attended a talk by the head of Revolution Software about Broken Sword 3 - The Sleeping Dragon. I looks REALLY good. I mean it!

I've taken back everything I said about it being 3D, because the in-game graphics look excellent! The character's aren't photo-realistically boring or hideously cartoony. They're stylised, some inspiration having been taken from anime, apparently. The quality of light is excellent, and the characters interact with is in a really lovely way casting differing intensities of shadows.

The game play is not point and click at all, but the 'action' sequences (which the other 2 games did have) don't require knife-edge precision or split second timing. It really looks like the game is a cognitive adventure, in three dimensions.

The sound/music is as atmospheric as the first 2 games, but alter live-as-you-play depending on the situations the characters find themselves in.

And BEST of all - there is to be a thematic return to the first game. I don't know any spoilers (and I'm glad) but it looks like we might learn more about the eponymous broken sword, and also the mysterious Voynich Manuscript which some of you might know of. Plus the title sequence includes two extreme stereotypes who are nonetheless likeable. Broken Sword has always been king of pleasant stereotypes.

My message to you all is: go back to your home PCs and prepare for Broken Sword!

My apologies for this wild and incoherent outburst of enthusiasm, but the game looks super-great. Everyone must feel free to lock this thread, delete my account or indeed, send their bigger brothers around to my house.

remixor

I have been looking forward to this game for almost two years now, and I have to say that every time I hear new coverage or see new screenshots, my faith is continually bolstered.  This game will indeed rox0r your box0rs.  And please, please, nobody say anything about it being an action/adventure or an adventure/action or anything, because it most assuredly is not.  The action events are merely timed puzzles, JUST LIKE in BS1 and BS2, nothing like an action/adventure.  It is a pure adventure in real-time 3d and it is gorgeous and will be awesome.  Hooray for Revolution!
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Layabout

I agree. I cant wait for it! It looks fantastic. I never really played the originals, but i am really looking forward to this game!
I am Jean-Pierre.

Rincewind

BS1 is a brilliant game, and BS2 was also great, but not quite as good as the predecessor, so if it follows the sequel-traditon it will be the worst game of them all...

But...
...As an insane optimistic when it comes to the future of adventure games, I get excited about this one as well, when I hear Ali's promising words...
Hopefully it'll be a really good game, that's all I can say... :)

Gemmalah

wow, sounds good, i'm waiting for it too. whens it out in the uk anyway?

*Gemmalah waits outside games shop in pouring rain to find out*
Dragon Slayers demo finally finishedGet it here!

remixor

It's coming out in early November in most parts of the world.  The exact date has been changing a lot recently, but I'm sure it will solidify soon.  It's already been delayed from October 10th, but the game is finished now.  The only problem is that it may not come out for PS2 on time because Sony is retarded and they haven't approved the game for PS2.  If that happens it is entirely Sony's fault and not the fault of Revolution or its publishers.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk