Tune Contest - 17-Oct-03 to 24-Oct-03

Started by Migs, Fri 17/10/2003 20:15:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Migs

This week's competition is simple:

Take a favorite tune which most people will recognize (e.g., a movie theme, a classical symphony) and insert funny sounds and/or instruments to go along with the song.  Pervert the song in whatever way you feel is needed to add an element of hilarity, including adding stupid or cheesy harmonization or even melodies if necessary.

Most importantly, have fun with this one!
This signature intentionally left blank.

EldKatt

Would several entries be okay? Because I have an idea which isn't very good but which I want to throw in anyway. ;D

Haddas

DAMN!
My Nero WaveStudio isn't working! It crashes when I save!
well. My entry would have been like this...
*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*fuck*BEEEEEEEEEEEEP*Muthafucka*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*shit*BEEEP*fuck*BEEEEEEEEEEP*fucking*BEEEP* etc.etc.etc ;D

Gregjazz

Oooh, this will be fun! Can I do a cover of any popular songs, too?

EDIT: Well, too late, here's my entry: http://www.sonic.net/~schlae/herculeaneffort/SWentry.mid

Hopefully, after (or while) listening to this, you will fall off your computer chair giggling and pounding the floor, all the time crying out, "It's so STUPID!" At least, this is what I did several times during the creation of this monstrosity. And then my back hurt.

Enjoy!

Haddas

It's the Reggae/Blues version of Shtarwarsh

EldKatt

[Falls off his chair, giggles, pounds the floor.
It's so STUPID!

Well, actually, this is good. :P

Gregjazz

Thanks, guys. May I remind you that I am not responsible for any damage/injuries that may occur as a result from listening to the song.

Actually, the song started out as a cheezy swing jazz cover, but then I changed the beat to more of a reggae one.

Migs

Enter as many songs as you want, since I'm sure we all want to hear every funny song you can come up with; but I think it might be best if you pick one out of all of them to be judged...just to be fair.

Geoffkhan, that is the STUPIDEST song I've ever heard!  ;D  Nice job!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

remixor

Ok, I'm going to enter this one, I swear to God.  My entry is about halfway done.  It's more along the lines of "retarded" than "funny", but I (with my idiotic sense of humour) think it's hilarious.  We'll see  ::) I can't imagine I won't be able to finish it tomorrow.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

brady_ef

Hey uhhhhhhhh

As you can see, I am new.

But, i have a song i want to upload onto this forum,

but, i dont have webspace that works (the 20mb of 'free webspace' my isp provides)

can any one provide me with information or tips on how i could get this mp3 from location a(My computer) to location b(online hosting) to location c(link with post in this forum) then finally, to location d(your media player)   :-[

hahaha

ANYWAY.

well, thats it.

Migs

You might want to try www.angelfire.com.  I don't think they have upload limits, and you should be able to link to your MP3 from there.  It's what I usually use.

brady_ef

OK THANKS.

ANYWAY HERE IS MY SUBMISSION

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/captaincrunch/exp1.wav  :D

the tune i am making fun of is

perhaps maybe ill make a more fitting entry that actually fits the competitions rules.

maybe.

OK!

remixor

remixor

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/remixor2.mid

Alright, there it is.  The more I listen to this, the more I'm convinced I'm an idiot. :)  It's not so much funny and stupid, it's more just plain stupid. ;)  Well, maybe it'll be worth a listen anyway.

I haven't listened to the original in a while, so I'm hoping I got the chords right.  If not, it should be close enough.  Oh, and I know the rhythm is different in almost all the parts.  I did it sort of randomly for this one.

Haddas

HEY! Brady_ef!
You violated angelfires terms of agreement! It's been removed!

Migs

Thanks remixor!  That IS pretty corny, especially those excessive drums and overrepetition of the tune.  You did a fantastic job!

Gregjazz

Hey, you stole my thing where it gets all dramatic and then goes back to the goofy theme! Nice job!

brady_ef

man i dont know what im going to do about that.

AHAH

Angelfire doesnt allow a user to register and only have one sole file with no other content on thier account.

HMMM.

looks like im SCREWED.

Migs

remixor

Quote from: Geoffkhan on Wed 22/10/2003 21:57:59
Hey, you stole my thing where it gets all dramatic and then goes back to the goofy theme! Nice job!

Whoops, sorry!  I was just pulling it out of my ass as I went along. ;)  I guess things like that are bound to pop up with this kind of prompt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk