How do I put music in my game?

Started by , Mon 27/10/2003 12:31:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig

I only just started AGS but am already working on a rather ambitious project. I've read most of the tutorials but i can't find out anything regarding music and how you make it play. ???

SSH

Have you tried the helpfile?

Your pieces of music will be numbered and you need to place the ogg, mp3, midi or whatever file in the game directory, called MUSIC1, MUSIC2, MUSIC3, etc. Then you cen use the "Play music on room load" setting in the room editor or add a script command  orto an interaction.

CB..

just as a quick way to get the ball rolling

save yur music as SOUND0.wav (or mp3 etc)

create yur room then click on the settings and then on the "I" button

then select when player enters the room after fade in

then select

game play sound

from the list

and choose 0 as the number of the sound file
then when yu enter the room the music will play..

this isnt exactly the correct way to do it but it will get you started..  

oops sorry SSH ;we posted at the same time

Craig

I know how to make it play but i can't import it into the AGS program. I can import backgrounds, sprites, animations, but i cant import music!   >:(

CB..

place the music file in the folder with the rest of yur games files

Paper Carnival

well, you DON'T import music! You just place it in the directory. You then have to build VOX files (From game-> Rebuild VOX files or you can press Ctrl+B). After you build the VOX files, put 1 to play music1.whatever, 2 to play music2.whatever

TerranRich

This is in the AGS Beginners' FAQ in the sticky topic in this very forum. It clearly states that you do not import music like you do graphics. Read it. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk