Genius Minds

Started by deathandirony, Tue 28/10/2003 21:06:39

Previous topic - Next topic

deathandirony

Darren Fraun, an ordinary man living in the city, is running too low on cash to pay apartment rent. His roommate, Nick Walton, who is an archaeologist for the closing museum down the street, has returned from an expedition on a faraway island, and claims to have found a great money-making scheme. Darren, skeptical at first, is convinced by Nick to do some research, and eventually finds himself believing in this idea...
Genius Minds, an upcoming point and click adventure from Death and Irony, is a psychological journey, whose story unravels throughout the game. It features cartoon-like 2D backgrounds and character art, logical and challenging puzzles, a dark atmosphere, many well-developed interactive characters, and several different endings.

I'm still looking for a music composer, and possibly a programmer, as I have no intention of learning scripting. I'm looking for classical jazz music in particular, and if anyone's interested, send me an email, with some samples of your work.

Thanks,
-Death and Irony

Gilbert

The only comment I can make is that 800x600 is not really that necessary for that style of graphics.

sergiocornaga

I agree... the same look could be achieved just as easily in 320x200.

Snake

3 comments:

1. Game sounds good

2. There's something really wonky going on with the brick walls in the first picture.

3. Yes, using that resolution for those graphics is absolutely REDICULOUS. Use 600x400 and it'll look exactly the same. Using 800x600 will only slow down some computers.

*ponders why CJ ever actually allowed 800x600...

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Gilbert

Quote from: Snake on Wed 29/10/2003 05:32:25
*ponders why CJ ever actually allowed 800x600...

...to stop people from bugging him to, and I can assure that this IS the reason.

remixor

I agree with the aforementioned posts; you should definitely scale this down to 640x400 or 320x200 (I would use the latter, personally).  It'll run better on all machines, make for much smaller files, be perfectly suitable for your graphic style, and reduce some of the empty space you have in your backgrounds that is not occupied by anything.  Other than that, good luck. :)

And Snake:  The reason the bricks look off is that he saved the pics in jpeg format instead of gif, so you get that color distortion deal due to the huge color range of jpegs.  I'm sure the original graphics utilize solid colors, so nothing to worry about there.

So deathandirony: If you can, save screenshots as gif files to avoid the aforementioned problem.  If you can't, it's no big deal, just remember that when you actually import them into AGS, make sure you have original copies saved as bmp files, since AGS won't accept jpegs.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

AGA

I realise it makes the images look odd, but I've changed your IMG tags to resize the images to 320x200, they were just too big the way they were.

remixor

I think it also shows that those backgrounds could work quite well in 320x200, they'd just obviously have to be essentially redrawn.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk