November MAGS

Started by magintz, Fri 31/10/2003 18:35:57

Previous topic - Next topic

magintz

What is MAGS?
MAGS is a monthly competition for all amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to use AGS to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner.

For more information please visit the Official MAGS Website

Why should I enter MAGS?
BECAUSE I SAID SO... k!

joking

I'm not here to tell you that you should enter MAGS, but merely allow it as a creative opportunity to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and generally as a good kick-start for the new comers (a.k.a n00bies).

MAGS is the perfect opportuninty to make a game, and the wonderful prize is to announce the net month's rules, and all competitiors get the game placed on the MAGS website.

MAGS is meant to be fun and is aimed at everyone, despite their skill. If you have poor art skills work on graphics, and vice-versa, as the voting is based on "favourite" games, and not the most artistic, you may get help for the competiton, but must not get anyone else to do any part of the game for you.

Due to popular demand on IRC i'm releasing the competition a day early so you can think a bit more about it, and I expect to see games from Vel and  Alkaline, and if I don't "may CJ have mercy on your souls"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theme: Magic & other Paranormal Activities.

That’s right. The new theme for the Mags competition is magic. You have to design a game that includes at least an element of magic, witchcraft, occult or paranormal activity. The character can be anything or anyone you wish, as long as it fits the story.

- The main character can be either good or evil but no matter which, should have a strong personality and motive for his/her actions.
- The setting can be anything. (medieval, modern, fantasy,sci-fi or anything else you want).
- There must be a Day/Night change, at least once, somewhere in the game. (cutscenes included)
- There must be a well-thought ending, or conclusion.
- Although not “strictly” obligatory, a severed body part is more than welcome.
- It would be a good idea for the main character to possess some sort of special power or discover having it during the game.

I believe that the rules are open enough to allow flexibility in your ideas. I will agree with the forum members that main idea is to have fun .
I hope that the subject is juicy enough and can be interpreted in so many ways that it will be a challenge for everybody.
Remember, even if magic isn’t your thing, you could still make a game about the character not liking it, or facing an inner conflict.

Have fun creating.

Plot examples (cliché):

- Light: A magic book that carries children to a fantasy land to defeat an evil witch.
- Medium: A young cop who has the ability to read peoples minds.. and fights an ancient evil.
- Dark: A deamon seeking a “host” in order to carry through his mission on earth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 27th NOVEMBER
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Vel

Ishmael

I got like three games of that theme starting...none of those ideas are not small enough though... But I'll enter, in case I get my game done in time (I always say that :P)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Ferret

*bops Vel*

Yeah okay. Why not? Didn't wanna die alone anyways...

Any limitation on screen res, rooms, colour depth?

Ishmael

My god what are you doing???

Aim for the head, if you can find it...

right? ;D

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Dave Gilbert

I like the rules this month.  Sounds like something I had in mind a few months ago.  I may enter.

Ferret

Rar! You have worked out my obscure gaming reference! I would kill you but...

...this is as far as I go.

Ishmael

Whatever, I'm gonna stay here and wait for my collegues...

Meanwhile thinking of a good plot.

Minimi

Hey, I'm against magic or anything, but is a game about some spiritual war going on, in a christian side of view also good. I mean we christians know everything about demons, angels, God and ofcourse LOVE! ;)

I guess it fits, so I'm thinking also of a good plot, and also to make the game fun for everyone, whatever their believes are... so I'm off again :P... I wanna join this MAGS and have fun! :D :D :D

PeaceMan

Quotea severed body part is more than welcome.
Hey Foz, it's time to get the old severed hand out again.  ;)

I'm getting a graphics tablet tomorrow so I might try this.

EDIT- I've worked out my idea. Now I just need to make a game out of it.

Paranoia

count me in too, i've got a few ideas already cookin :D
maybe not done in 3D for a change

Evil

Ah, crap. Not what I had in mind, but ok. I'll try to atleast get one somewhat finished.

sergiocornaga

I might enter this time if I don't have too much to do..  :P

remixor

Quote from: Magintz on Fri 31/10/2003 18:35:57
- Although not “strictly” obligatory, a severed body part is more than welcome.

Bwahaahahahah... Yes!
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

DragonRose

Ooooo... I think I might enter this- it would tie in with my big game in some very interesting ways...

* Dragonrose cackles
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Nixxon

Count this heretic in...

Toefur

Since I am new to mags, and haven't really played many mags games... I would ask: How many screens/characters does a mags game have, in general?

Mats Berglinn

I think I will enter this. Some questions though:

QuoteThere must be a well-thought ending, or conclusion.

1: What do you mean by that?

2: Do you have to have cutscenes in the game? I haven't done any cutscenes before.

3: Is it okay for a shift between night and day or must it be a shift between day and night?

4: Do you have to make a dusk/dawn scene or is it okay to use the Monkey Island style shift, you know from one place it is night and in the next place it is day?

5: Must it be vinsible magic like wizards shooting bolts from the fingers or is it okay to have "invisible" magic like in The Lord of the Rings movies?

PureGhostGR

Glad you liked them. :)

AgentLoaf: nope, everything is good..

Toefur: it all depends on the maker, the rules allow even a single room game if that is what you have in mind. :)

Mats:

1) It is up to you to decide how "creative" the ending can be. All that is required of you, is to make it taking into account the rest of the story.

2) No, but it would be a great opportunity to try it.

3) I believe either one is good enough. :)

4) The first is prefered, but if you think that it might be hard to do, you could make something like the one you suggest.

5) As long as it matches the game and fits in nicely, there are not restrictions.

One of the greatest elements in taking part to a competition is to interpret the rules of the game in your own creative way. If you have a great idea, you can always use the rules to your advantage.

After all this is a game of creativity, and as such, it includes the way the rules are applied. :)

-fave fun-

magintz

Wow, seems like a lot of people wanting to enter this month.

PureGhostGR if you want to enter you can, but you won't be able to win, could be fun.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

|Alky|

I'm in.
May CJ bless you all.
With critical scripting errors...
Heh heh heh...
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

Hinders

I´m in!
(it will be fun to try out my new graphic-style ;))
----

scotch

I'll give it a go too :) It's great to see MAGS becoming so popular after all the quiet months.

Vel

Oh great. Now scotch will compete too. Oh well. My halloween game will rock you!

PeaceMan

Heh,

Wait until you get a load of my main character's bean fueled super power.

Minimi

W00t! I just came up with a great idea, for a game. I wrote yesterday a complete plot, but I'll just save that as a .txt file, and put it aside, because I can just work out this month the idea for another game of me, but I need to hurry to complete it.  So what is this game. It's called Narnia Adventure, based on the book "The lion, witch and the wardrobe - by C.S. Lewis". I once started this off.. this is one screenie of it

But I know that it's too much work to render whole narnia, and house, so I'll be drawing it ;) I'll be off now, and get to work on the rooms!

Hinders

My game title is:
Wheelchair-wizard

First room:

----

Evil

"There must be a well-thought ending, or conclusion."

Like no "There was an earthquake and everyone died" or like well-though out ending like tricky that involes everything said and done in such an order that you only understand after you finish?

Ishmael

Like "A well thought end." ;D No? Ok...

I've so far come up with that the main char can learn new abilities, and I have two of 'em ready...

Eigen

Elianto

Hi,

only one question:

it's possible to use premade graphic and resource for the MAGS? like Sylpher kit or similar???

Since I'm out for work for the whole month and graphic part would be difficult for me to do...

:)

Igor

Love the rules... If i'll have time, i might just enter this month.

jetxl

I think I can modify my last mags. So I'm in for real this time.

Hinders

Why don´t give up while you have the chance...
hehe, just joking ;D
----

Ishmael

Heh heh ;D What if you all just give up, and I win with a three room MSpaint hasitate with no puzzles, plot, or anything... just 2 rooms, roger, a spell, and a ten minute long ending.

DMonkey

I might get on the bandwagon. I have a lot of free time on my hands lately.
Who cares what the catch is, it's the flying car!

Sylpher

Quote from: Elianto on Mon 03/11/2003 08:40:21
it's possible to use premade graphic and resource for the MAGS? like Sylpher kit or similar???

Just to clarify..

1. I asume you are talking about Insta-Game. Which..

2. Not to sound ingrateful to be named after it I really feel if it is referred to by name 'Eric's Kit' is much more suiting. He did most of the art and deserves the credit. So everyone high-five eric..thanks

* Sylpher kablews!

Ferret

Quote from: TK on Mon 03/11/2003 20:46:41
...no puzzles, plot, or anything... just 2 rooms, roger, a spell, and a ten minute long ending.

I hear that Vel is currently hiring.

Hinders

wooohooo! one room made!! ;D
----

Ishmael

Excuse me, Loaf? I haven't made any progress since :P Seems my game's gonna be MsPaint again.... with loadsa typos...

Vel

Nope, loaf, youre wrong(as always).
It will feature four or five rooms and one or two puzzles plus two characters.

Ferret

Oh, so you're not looking for people to help you with your games. My eyes must be playing up, I've started seeing non-existant forum threads.

Vel

Yes. Go and see a doctor.

Minimi

I'll join loaf at the appointment with the doctor! ;)

Czar

I can't believe how much potential people are on this month's MAGS. Even I thought of joining, and i dont even know why?? Hmm, you know that on this saturday there will be the full moon with personalities of a once in 2000 year moon.... if you know what i mean...
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Mats Berglinn

Well this is my game:

Title: Wizardhood.

Story so far: Murphy is a 15-year old guy who have recently completed his master's, the wizard Melvin, wizard trials and have become a wizard. Just shortly after the announcement Murphy get's his very first mission from The Wizard Council: To get the black crystal back from the evil wizard Agrahgorth.

Here is some of the characters:

From left to right: Emilia a 15 year old witch, Murphy the main-character, Agrahgroth the dark wizard, A butt-ugly goblin, Murray the leader of the wizard council and Melvin, Murphy's former master and teacher.

And two rooms so far that is first hand drawed, then scanned and finally cleaned, colored and more detailed through Paint (plus getting more colors through Adobe photoshop). Some of the colors are wrong since had to change from bmp to gif in order to get them here.

PureGhostGR

Wow.. this looks great  :o :o :o

MrColossal

alright alright i might as well tell everyone i'm making a game

i have 4 backgrounds painted the story written the puzzles layed out and the main character sprite

currently i'm working on the manual which, if i do say so myself, is totally awesome

the main reason for this post is to lock in my name

Spellbound

there, mine!

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

magintz

w00t, this looks like a good month :D

Ginny

Whoa, half the world is entering. I wish I had time. This month will rock extremely.:)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Hinders

u´m making progress with ww, 3 rooms made! ;D
----

Evil

Ah, shit. Now Eric is joining? Damnit...

Ishmael

I do have a plot after all... and I think I can get it done, if I won't get stuck in the drawing... Hmm...

"Based on hopefully true events from the present and the future, character names modified to fit the English language better" ;D

Hinders

aaah... can´t come up with anything good...  :P
----

Ishmael

Anyone can come up with anything better then "The Trials"? As the game is not really about a trial... it's just about this... sorta trial of the main char... agains nature... He's trying to change thing's set by nature... With help of the wizard council... All I have so far is in one word document and in my head ;D Sure I gonna make it MSPaint again...

Mats Berglinn

TK: Are you insane? My game is not about trials but what Murphy the newly wizard does AFTER he have completed the trials, so there! Seesh!

Ishmael

Not insane, my game is about a trial-complete half-wizard-half-human... who tries to change things set by nature.... so "The Trial" wouldn't fit very well.. But it's the working title. It is sorta trial, still... but whatever...

Mats Berglinn

Okay, I understand. Never mind then. Good luck on the game, TK.

Mr Jake

TK's game is Sabrina :)

Ishmael

No..! Hmm... could I say it has a few same characteristics..? No...

MrColossal

i just want to say right now that even if he doesn't know it my game is being co created by ghormak because he is so damned helpful and creates amazing things and all i have to do is ask nicely

woo woo

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

visy (the guy who made Lassi Quest)

I'm in!

So commence being afraid.
Still working on 8-bit stuff, mostly NES and Atari 2600:
http://oldskool.wamma.fi

Paranoia

I'm out....unless ghormak will do mine too :P

Mr_Frisby

I'm in  - and half dun.
My power is Astral projection - does that count?
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Kweepa

No - *everyone* can astrally project.
Right? ... Right?

Steve

PS I am typing this from the bath.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

scotch

My game still has a fair way to go, not impossible I'll finish it in time but it'll be close.. if not I'll just finish it off after mags.

MrColossal

everything scotch said, pretend i wrote it and then sign my name under it

it would look something like this

[quote author=scotchMrColossal link=board=9;threadid=9425;start=60#msg119061 date=1069064611]
My game still has a fair way to go, not impossible I'll finish it in time but it'll be close.. if not I'll just finish it off after mags.

love,

eric
[/quote]

Lucky

Hmm... Just two weeks left. Should I join the fun?

What the heck, I'm in. ^^

cpage

well then just to be original I refuse to do it :P
thereby reinforcing my motto
<-------

Hinders

I´m out :P don´t have internet or time ::)
----

Vel

Im afraid Im out too, because of two main reasons:
1. I havent got a clear idea of what I'll do, and thus my game would be a major step back after Who wants to live forever.
2. I decided to work on my GK-like game's plot instead.

Anyhow,I will release my game someday. But dont hold your breath.

Mats Berglinn

I'm almost done. I won't give up! I'm gonna make sure I'm done at thursday or at least before voting. I'm not gonna chicken out because time starts to run out.

Minimi

I'm also out of the competition with Narnia Adventure, not because of the time, but because of the fact that I want to make it be a good game. I finished all 12 rooms of what I planned for this mags-entry, but the lame lacks on all sides. I'd rather keep it to myself... and upgrade the graphics and animations.

So... I know I've started lots of projects... but Narnia Adventure will be my big project to work on. I'm looking at my school (9000 students) for someone to help me with the graphics, and I'm at the moment busy with creating the main theme music for the game.

I hope to find someone at school, and if not... then I hope to draw better myself ;) but I'll update the thread in "Production" soon, and give you some more info.

Good luck to all other peeps that DO join the competition!
8) 8) 8)

foz

I`m out too.........

Hold on i was`nt in........

Forget i even spoke.

Czar

Damn Mr_Frisby. I had an idea about a boy locked in his room and he has to watch something on tv. So to do that he needs to use astral projection....
That was pretty much my idea :)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Ishmael

Was I in or not? Anyway, I got an idea (still), but it's way too ambitious for both, graphics and plot, to complete in seven days... or something like that, is it? I'll put this story up someday, I find it good myself (meaning, it sucks, as you have seen....) and hope I get it to a full story someday... I got sooooo many ambitious projects running... all in state of idea, first lines of story and/or main char drafts/personality/something...

Yeah, something like that, I think... ;D Oh Jumalation....

Mr_Frisby

Fear not Czar - Mine is actually about Lucid dreaming and being able to control dreams to the point of supernatural ability - and not about Astral Projection at all - My bad.
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Duzz

wow, i was thinking of doing a game about lucid dreaming too, not for mags though.  i've gotta finish my current projects before starting any new ones...
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Klaus

Quote from: Lucky on Tue 18/11/2003 10:38:32
Hmm... Just two weeks left.

Quote from: TK on Tue 18/11/2003 20:02:42
Anyway, I got an idea (still), but it's way too ambitious for both, graphics and plot, to complete in seven days...

Keep in mind that the deadline for MAGS competitions is the 25th of a month (at least most of the time). So it's just some days to go...

Lucky

Keep in mind that the deadline for MAGS competitions is the 25th of a month (at least most of the time).

Ohh... I guess I'm out then. Shame, I had a pretty nice idea.

remixor

Quote from: Lucky on Wed 19/11/2003 08:26:19
Keep in mind that the deadline for MAGS competitions is the 25th of a month (at least most of the time).

Ohh... I guess I'm out then. Shame, I had a pretty nice idea.

Well, you can always just finish the game anyway.  You don't have to actually enter it in the competition.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Mats Berglinn

Wizardhood is nearly finished. I'm waiting for Belphegor to give one more music piece and then I'm going to upload it. I'm sure that it will appear here tonight. It's a shame that everyone else gives up so easily. It would be more exciting if they kept on working and finish their games.  :(

But I'm sure it will be better next month.

Ishmael

I'm working on a (very bad) game anyway, a whole difrent idea. I might just get it done... but prepare for me coming to ask for a day or two extra time so I can get everything finished and upload it... I'll need to draw a few more backgrounds, two characters, finish the GUIs and generally just put the game together... so I'm 80% sure I need some extra time...

Hinders

Good luck guys!*sniff* i really wish that i had time to finish my game....but next month...thou shall lose.... :-*
----

Inkoddi

HURRY UP!!!!1!!!11! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Klaus

Okay now. It's November, 24th - one day left to go... At the moment no entry for the competition is published yet. Anyway - how about starting the vote in 24 hours from now (see timestamp of this posting)..?

Ishmael

Yeah, whatever. My laptops powercord has got bust at some point, and I don't dare to use it too much to avoid fire... so no game... *sniff*

Mats Berglinn

Here is my entry... WIZARDHOOD!!!  ;D

It's still missing a music piece but otherwise the game is fully function. I hope you will enjoy this magical game that have more than one spell and a surpising ending.

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Wiz_zip.zip

It's too bad that the others gave up. Well, I guess it's the old Monkey Island quote "If there is only one candidate, there's only one choice.". It's a shame too since I wanted some challenge. At least I got my first game finished and it gained me experience for future projects.
Anyway, have fun playing and I'm thinking of updating the game with the missing music piece and maybe use voice actors.

Mr_Frisby

Mines almost done - It should be finished by tommorow
hopefully you will be a little forgiving -
I didn't start until the 12th and thort I had till the 30th.

Ishmael

It works after all... I might get my game done by, say, the 28th, but I cannot say for sure... But if you are kind enough to wait...  :-[

Klaus

So it looks like there are two more games to come: one by Mr_Frisby  and the second by TK. As this month the deadline wasn't clearly announced right at the beginning of the competition I think we can give some extra time. One additional day is no problem. The 28th caused some strange discussion in September, remember? Hm... I'd say: TK just hurry up and we'll wait for your entry. Of course the last word is on Magintz to decide but I think we can do it that way...

MrColossal

my game is coming...

figures my computer decideds to be a JERK! and stop working but it'll be here

magintz

I just set the date to the 27th as we only have 30 days this month. That allows 2 days for voting and 1 day for the winner to decide the rules.

Sorry guys, but try to get them in on time. If anyone wants the extra day please contact me and I'll se if I can do it.

MrColossal

oh well, fuck it

my computer is really really really messed up and there's no way i can get a finished version of the game out...

so i'm boned and the game will just be a game now

eric

edit/eatit:

ok so i bought a new harddrive backed the shit up and now i'm working on it again, it'll be here as soon as possible which will be as early as i can make it which hopefully will be by the end of the night

Mr_Frisby

Here's mine.  It has a heap of bug but it works. . .
If you have the snuff box anf it's empty use it on the IBLE other wise things are cool(that shouldn't even happen but if it foes you knoe wahat to do),
Also read the read Me.

http://www.geocities.com/monkey8myface/WNK.zip
RgtClk-SVeAs.

Timosity A- Geeze your up late (and quick)..
                        b-I'm tryin im tryin . .(Go Swanz!)

I'm downloading it now meself and it seems to be working..

Mr_Frisby

Howz aboot now?

*I already found a plane bug and a squash bug-hopefully there fixed in WNK.ZIP*

hopefully it uploads now...

Timosity

Very nice Mr_Frisby, The animations are great, and the style and mood are awesome, All though the nature of the game is confusing I'm not sure if I'm stuck or it's a bug.

Spoiler
I'm on Godzilla's head for the  3rd time I've just come from the bedroom, after getting the slingshot & bible, I also have a doll and fingernail (I think) it took me to godzilla again, he falls off, you get a flash of the king kong scene again, it goes blank for some time, then you appear back at zombies and he falls off edge (automatically I think) then you're back at Godzillas head, it seems stuck in a loop there. when I pressed alt-x it was stuck in room 1, line 184
[close]

It is a very different game from what I've seen, and I'm sure there will be some great coments to come.

EDIT: I just noticed you uploaded a new version, I don't know if what I mentioned has anything to do with that, you'll have a better idea, if you understand my post.

EDIT2: I just had another go, and you may have fixed it:
Spoiler
I didn't start with the plane this time, so that may have been something to do with it
[close]

I will try again later as I need to sleep before work tomorrow.

~Tim

Elianto_guestmode

Mr_Frisby can you upload your game to another place since Geocities has reached its bandwidth limits???

:P

PureGhostGR

Mr_Frisby, great game!

The story is very good. I found the bedroom scene... brilliant.

I also liked the ending although I have a question about something:

Spoiler
Once I get to the ending part.. all I see is a black screen for a long time with a song playing in the background. Then I get to see the characters eyes e.t.c... Is that intentional or did something go wrong?
[close]

The game is sweet, although I almost got a heart attack the first time with the timer ticking... :D

report:

Spoiler
In the beginning I got the godzilla riddle sorted without making the custom doll head. I just left clicked on the eye and it solved it.. I had to restart to get it right
[close]

all in all a great great entry.

magintz

hurry up ladies.... and eric....

and everyone else! Not long left.... :D

Klaus

With the two additional days in mind the doors for your entries will close in 22 hours from now (see timestamp of this posting)!

Ishmael

Quotehurry up ladies.... and eric....

Was that an insult?!?

Quoteand everyone else!

Or do I belong to these?

Anyway, I'm afraid I can't make it... but not 100% sure.

Mr_Frisby

Thanks for the comments . .
sorry about some of the bugs

Timosity - I uploaded it again because I forgot to take the plane out to begin with.
You shouldn't get it so early coz solving that puzzle means you don't get blood . . .and you need blooooood!

And there is a bug in the ending but it should still work.
It will go back to the dark screen and then play a outro similar to the intro - hopefully
bed - eyes - hop out of bed - colour room - credits . .
if this hasn't happened then maybe something is wrong.

I can't fix all the bugs just now, but I intend to . .

Also Elianto - I had to upload it to Geocities because I didn't know where else to upload to - Any suggestions??

Minimi

Mr Frisby, I really like your game, but maybee you should remove those saved games from your download?? :p

MrColossal

magintz

I count three games, am I correct?

Klaus

Yes Magintz, you're right. So here we go...

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

Wizardhood by Mats Berglinn
Williams Nightmare by Mr Frisby
Spellbound by Mr Colossal

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

Ginny

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Mon 24/11/2003 19:00:04Here is my entry... WIZARDHOOD!!!  ;D

Mats: So far I like this game and the puzzles are logical, but for the life of me I can't figure out:

Spoiler
Why I can't combine the mushroom with the whiskey+ginger. I'm wondering wether I might need to dry the mushroom somehow, cause it needs to be dried, but I can't. I've tried putting it in a caludron but nope. Help please (if you can, just give a small hint).
[close]

I like the music a lot, and the animations are nice. :)

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Mats Berglinn

Thanks Ginny. Ok, here is a clue.
Spoiler
There is a spell that can dry mushrooms but Murphy don't know this one. Maybe someone else does?
[close]

This seems exciting. It's between me and two others. I can hardly wait for the results while hoping for the best.

MrColossal

in case no one checks my other post:

ok here's the deal, a quick mid thanksgiving update

if you have no sound at all don't run the game through the launcher

go into files and run the game normally, for some reason it cuts of music all together.

you really need to hear ghormak's music cause it just rocks awesome

eric

Elianto_guest

Voting is difficult this time because there are some interesting works but not all the games followed all the posted rules.....  ???

Timosity

It's Funny that there were 23 potential games (mentioned in this thread, there could have also been secret workers that also pulled out) And only 3 manged to complete. So at least 20 people pulled out.

I'm not trying to make any real point as I know it's hard to fit the time in for making mags games, I just like statistics.

And Good luck to Mats Berglinn, Mr_Frisby and MrColossal, They are all great entries, best photoshop Phriday ever.

Totoro

Quote from: Elianto_guest on Fri 28/11/2003 09:05:52
Voting is difficult this time because there are some interesting works but not all the games followed all the posted rules.....  ???

Yes, I would consider that as an important aspect when deciding for whom to vote  ;) Oh, I voted already...

Elianto_guest

I posted that comment only regarding the vote decision (It wasn't my intention to say that any of the entry was bad or no good) because all the three entry are really good and showed a big effort from the creators....

:P Sorry if my message was misunderstood....(bad english)

keep up with this works.....

MrColossal please make a full lenght game from this entry.... please please....

Nostradamus

This is the best MAGS ever judging by the quality and originality of the entries.

I need help in Williams Nightmare:
Spoiler
I solved the godzilla screen (got the lens). I Also have the IBLE, the B, the huge blood, the the feather, the doll head, the doll body..
I opened the zombie hand but I can't reach what it's holding, also I can't do anything in the spiders screen.
[close]

Fris B

The Zombie wants young and wont stop till he gets young - whay have you got thats (kinda) a symbol of youth?

Nixxon

Is it manditory for Dec mags to have an x-mas theme?

Mats Berglinn

I don't know but I bet it's the best theme to do for december.

Not many hours left before the voting is over and winner is announced. I'm holding my thumbs so hard that it hurts.

PureGhostGR

Best luck to all three contestants. :)

Nixxon

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Sun 30/11/2003 14:51:44
I don't know but I bet it's the best theme to do for december.

Just thought I could cheat and start drawing St. Nicks fat arse right now...

Ginny

All 3 entries were of great quality, I literally sat for hours deciding which game to vote for. Everyone deserves to win, I just finished all 3 and all are original. So voting was difficult. Good luck to everyone. :)

Mats Berglinn

Well, when are we going to get the announcement? I thought the vote would end for two hours ago. Tomorrow is the first December which means the new rules must be in. I want to know who is the winner.

Ginny

I hope next months theme won't be an x-mas theme, there already was one and I was hoping to enter, but don't really think I'll have an idea for an x-mas game:P. but anyway, it's your choice (whoever wins). ;)

magintz

Well sorry for the delay but it caught me at a bad time this month, this weekend I've been working almost all the time, and on top of that I've been ill so I've been going to bed straight after work, but I won't keep you any longer...

And the winner is.......... <insert dramatic pause followed by a drumroll here>

Wizardhood by Mats Berglinn!

Mats just PM me your rules for next month within 19 hours as of the time date of this message ;) congrats!

Ginny

Congartulations Mats! *Can't wait for the rules* :)

PureGhostGR

Congratulations Mats!!!

Well Done, excellent game!!!

I agree with Ginny.. Can't wait for the rules.

:)

Mr_Frisby

Well done Mats - I also think you should get extra points for your enthusiasm !

Is there and Ergos category for most enthusiastic game maker I wonder ??

(Also drats coz I lost and w00t as I cant wait for next months theme.)

Timosity

Congratulations Mats,

well done.

also Congratulations to Mr_Frisby and MrColossal, they are some of the best Mags games to date, I reckon the votes must have been all pretty close.

Nixxon

Well done to all!

Belphegor

Mats Berglinn

Yay!  :) :) :)

I almost thought that Mr. Collosal was going to win. The rules have been posted to Magintz. So just wait and see. This will be something special, something that haven't been occured in a AGS game before, not to mention MAGS either.

Totoro

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Mon 01/12/2003 14:42:53
will be something special, something that haven't been occured in a AGS game before, not to mention MAGS either.

We are very curious :)
Congratulation Mags-Mats

PureGhostGR

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk