Sprite Jam October 31st - November 7th

Started by Pesty, Fri 31/10/2003 20:06:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Pesty

Well now, hello sprite jam contestants! Welcome to this week's sprite jam. I do hope you enjoy it.

Now, as a pirate, I'm a big fan of swords. I mean, who isn't? I mean, I bet secretly Charleton Heston loves him some swords, but he's all "Dude, I love guns!" to hide it. But he doesn't need to hide it. We'll still love him.

So this week's topic is, of course, Charleton Heston. ...Wait, I mean swords. The topic is swords.

The specs must be thus! 23 colors enter, 100 x 30 sized pictures leave! The dimensions can be either 100 x 30 or 30 x 100, doesn't matter which direction, and 23 colors is just the maximum, it can be less. Sure it seems simple, but you can totally get inventive with it.

The more inventive, the better. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Inkoddi

Mwahahahaaa!!! Inkoddi is first again!!!

Minimi

Behold! The Sword of the Golden Snake.

This sword is made of the purest gold on earth, and according to legends, will the owner of the sword, be have power over all elements on earth. The Golden Snake is guarding the sword day and night, and any try to get the sword, let to death.

makri

Thud. Thud. Thud. Splat.

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Anym

Heh! I tried to make a singing sword, but it sucked, so I made this non-singing one, which sucks less:
<- 27x100x12 | 200% ->
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

Darth Mandarb

:: Insert proper sound effect ::

"I saw your laser sword ... only Jedi carry that kind of a weapon!"
- Anakin Skywalker

Sylpher

-

A good/bad double sided sword.. thing!

BOYD1981

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

MrColossal

yea mothafucka, i got me some site beyond site
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

n3tgraph

Quote from: Sylpher on Sun 02/11/2003 05:46:06

-

A good/bad double sided sword.. thing!

Lol sylpher, it reminds of a stick violin players use :P
* N3TGraph airguitars!

DoorKnobHandle

nice work!

I think until now, inkoddis one (or  the first one) is the best one!!!

Inkoddi

Quote from: mamarulez on Sun 02/11/2003 12:52:18
nice work!

I think until now, inkoddis one (or  the first one) is the best one!!!

Hey thanks mamarulez!

PureGhostGR

Carnival Sword - comes with mask and red scarf (fake blood).

:P

Rincewind

Definately not the best sword I've ever drawn... Especially among all these kickass entries! One of the best sprite jams ever!

TheYak

Well.. here's mine.

I guess it's used for...   dis-arming people.  

Bwa ha ha ha...

remixor

Tada... I was going for some sort of runic type of deal, hence the etchings on the blade, if you can see them.  Due to me not planning out the size correctly, I wasn't able to do exactly what I wanted with the blue lightning stuff, but it turned out ok I guess.  If anyone wants, I have a version without the lightning (it might be less distracting).
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

AGA

I thought it was tendrils of smoke, not lightning...

remixor

Well, my original intention was to have the sword giving off forks of lightning, but it didn't execute how I planned it to, so it may as well be tendrils of smoke.  Works just as well.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

n3tgraph

Quote from: YakSpit on Mon 03/11/2003 11:14:51
Well.. here's mine.

I guess it's used for...   dis-arming people.  

Bwa ha ha ha...

Hahaha LOL

I vote for you :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk