Background Blitz: Nov. 5 - Nov. 19

Started by WanderLady, Wed 05/11/2003 02:54:27

Previous topic - Next topic

WanderLady

This will either sink or swim; fly or fall. If the majority think it too hard or what not, I'll change it, or pass the Blitz to another.

The topic: Journey into the Mind

I'd like you to put your perception/interpretation of the mind into background form. Is the mind an endless hallway, or Freud's iceberg, or even a trash heap? (You may use those if you would like to participate and are without an idea, by the way.)

****Your only restriction is that there MUST be a door somewhere within the background.****

Size: the one with which you are most comfortable
Colors: those that are pleasing to you

Hope to see some good ones...
God Bless You

Evil

Best Background Blitz idea yet. I dont know if it was the pot you smoked or the pot I smoked but it was one of us, and I think it was you.

Fizz

Gilbert

heh I think ripping backgrounds from RLBAT will do...

So it's definately a nice topic.

Inkoddi

This guy is a little twisted...

(actually there should be thousands of doors, but I was too lazy)

WanderLady

Thank you for easing my anxiety, Gentlemen.

Beautiful interpretation, Inkoddi. The whole thing gets my imagination working. "I enjoy the twisting perspective," he says with his head tilted to the left. I like that sun.

TheYak

Unfortunately most of my mind would look like something out of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.. but maybe I can pull something else outta there.   I wanna second everyone else- great BGB idea.

WanderLady

Quote from: YakSpit on Thu 06/11/2003 07:42:12
Unfortunately most of my mind would look like something out of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.. but maybe I can pull something else outta there.   I wanna second everyone else- great BGB idea.

Even if that's the case, Yak, I'd still love to see one. I remember that drawing you posted some time ago that looked somewhat like the river Styx. Something along those lines would fit perfectly.

Mr_Frisby

I, more often than not, have cartoons on the brain.
At the time that my internal monitoring system took a screen shot of my brain (which is run completely by the AGS Engine) - 16 Color Kat was just about to make a break for it out the back door, but security caught him and put him in restraints!
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

BOYD1981

there's a full colour version of this here
i was gonna post that one, but it's 164kb and might have taken a while to download

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

WanderLady

Simply put, that's very nice, Mr_Frisby. I like that it's a wall. Kat's expression makes me laugh. It actually looks like he has to get out of there.

Did you intend to have the cracks in the wall mimic the grooves in the brain? And the dithering on the edges for the brain's roundness?

That's pretty sweet, Boyd. I imagine a falling animation and the character trying to get to the door. I don't know how to put it exactly, but the staircase leading out of the vortex is intriguing.

"And so begins a journey into my....something something something."

Mr_Frisby

Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

ScottDoom

cpage

evilspacefart

Quote from: cpage on Sun 16/11/2003 12:59:32
too literal?
nope. but i think you have to somehow draw the picture yourself and i doubt this was the case.

cpage

IT IS MY BRAIN MUAHAHAHAHAHA

not really

remixor

Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Inkoddi

Since it's the twentieth I think it's time to start VOTING!!!

Haddas

DAMN!!!

Too late, well I'll post this one anyway
(Not mine)

ScottDoom

I vote for Inkoddi's, because of the unique perspective and weird distortions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk