Sprite Jam: November 8th-15th.

Started by PureGhostGR, Sat 08/11/2003 13:24:54

Previous topic - Next topic

PureGhostGR

Greetings everyone,

The new theme of sprite jam is "Lost Treasure".

This can be interpreted in many ways. Anything from a map showing the x spot, to a barrel filled with rubbies will be acceptable. You can even add a character finding it.

Remember the key element is being creative.

Size: 75x75 pixels.
Colors: 256.
Animation: optional.

I tried thinking of something that would be interesting to draw, while at the same time be a good practice piece for everybody.

Hope you enjoy it.
Take care.

remixor

Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

MrColossal

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Mr_Frisby

After a long  and perilous journey, Beardy McWiggins and his parrot Toto find what so many had perished trying to find. Through the Desert and swamplands of Higpoint supermart and across the endless fields of black tarmack, there it was, where he had first left it, it had been there all along. His car - lot X next to the Souvilaki van!

Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Ghormak

It's a golden statuette of Roger posing very much like another well known golden statuette.

Achtung Franz! The comic

Inkoddi

It's the book of superior knowledge. With it you can do anything, in the wrong hands it would be the end of the world.

Eggie

Hey...um...Can I hold that big, heavy book for you?  :P

Inkoddi

ScottDoom

Wheee...

Edit: Whoops. Didn't see the 75x75 pixel limit. Heh heh...

Second edit: I made a new image to replace my old one, since it didn't fit the size limit.

PureGhostGR

-Winner-

Great entries everyone. I must admit that I had a hard time choosing the winner. There is a strong confict of choosing a winner based on artistic talent, or the application of his/her idea.

The winner of this weeks Spite Jam is:

.:Mr_Frisby:.

Great use of colors, good composition.. but the thing that really stands out (for me at least) is the way you can tell that the character is actually standing on sand. Very (very) good work.

Everyone's entries were impressive and well done.

Thank you all for posting. :)

Inkoddi

ARRGH!!!

...er...    ...I mean...        ...Congratulations, Frisby!!!

Mr_Frisby

Hooray for standing on sand!

I really liked scottdooms - very clever.

Okey I will start a new one pronto.

Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk