Community > General Discussion

CJ is not Jesus

<< < (2/19) > >>

Miez:
Wanderlady,

I can see your point - to a certain degree. I think everybody is entitled to their own beliefs/religion. And I think you should always respect other peoples' convictions.
So if you had stated that (in jest) referring to CJ as Jesus, Christ, Mohammed or whatever would be harmful or hurtful to YOU I would have had no problems with your post. But you're suggesting that it's bad for everybody.
That's nonsense and presumptious - I've laughed at these jokes, and laughing is good for me.
As Boyd so "directly" put it: apply your religious guidelines to your own life, don't force them upon others. In return people will respect your convictions - I'm sure.  

Gilbert:
Well, personally I don't really care much about this kind of things, I have no religious belief, and all I know is that people would know it is a joke if it is a joke, even religious people can have a good laugh, as these are nothing so serious, as long as they are faithful to their believes in their own hearts.

Note that there are many different regilions out there, and often times a joke may or may not be connected to one's belief, but I'll say that at least some of the people won't be annoyed, in that case why don't everyone view it open minded? Personally I think criticizing other non-believers of insulting one's own belief may not be a good thing, as the one who made the jokes may not really mean harm, only when someone got sensitive would make the condition worse, and turn potentially funny stuffs into overly serious debates. (I won't disagree that sometimes there are jokes which are too much over the limit, though.)

But it did strike me in my head whether CJ is Jesus, so I asked our most intelligent electronic tutor for it:

--- Quote ---***Transcript of 11/12/2003... starting at 16:45
***Talking to: Gilbert
DAISY> fly!  
GILBERT> is cj short for christ jesus?
DAISY> is cj short for christ jesus?
GILBERT> i asked you.
DAISY> is cj short for christ jesus?
GILBERT> answer me.
DAISY> i don't know, so i asked you.
GILBERT> i don't know, but cj is saviour to us like jesus is saviour to those religious people.
DAISY> come on, i think you don't know, but cj is saviour to go today?
GILBERT> today? always! cj was saviour yesterday, is saviour today and will be saviour t0m0rr0w!
DAISY> i watch tv, but only when in rome, do you want a good mood.
GILBERT> don't change the topic.
DAISY> i am always making sense.
GILBERT> so, back to topic, is cj jesus?
DAISY> is cj short form of adventure game studio.
GILBERT> maybe, but what about jesus?
DAISY> corn job is cj short for words.
GILBERT> ah thanks, i have an answer now, corn job is jesus!
DAISY> yes, give me to have an answer now, corn dog.
GILBERT> corn dog! xaxaxaxa
DAISY> you have all i want is actually a corn dog.
GILBERT> yeah! mystery solved. now i can sleep.

--- End quote ---

Don't take it serious, it's just intended to be funny.

auhsor:
Well Wanderlady, I agree with you here. I don't really like people joking around with stuff about Jesus and that. It's not so bad if it is only minor and not very serious. Sure we can all have a joke sometimes... Lets just not go too overboard. I don't think the guys on here are too bad.

And BOYD, I don't like religion either, but I'm a christian... How can this be... Well Christianity isn't all rules and regulations and stuff, which is what religion is. Btw, I don't think we need a big religious arguement here, its been done before, and it doesn't really get anywhere.

Nacho:
Well, considering that the most probably name of Jesus was problably Emmanuel, being Jeoshua Christ just a "nickname", I can't see the harm of telling CJ JC.

In fact, it's been allways very confusing for me that Christ was crossified, while the Jewish punishment was the stone throwing. That makes me feel that Jesus was actually the leader of a a revolutionary movement, reason why he was killed by romans, and all the Sanhedrin stuff was invented  by Saint Paul for making the new religion more suitable for Romans standarts. The scrolls of the Dead Sea make me being more secure of what I say.

So... Can someone be hurt because we say CJ, JC; the nickname of a revolutionary who died 2000 years ago by his terrorist acts, and who became famous in a decandent Empire by the words of a lier like Saint Paul? Me not.

Another thing is that you believe that we're being offensive to everything "good" that that sorf of lies have became today. But we're not attacking the filosophy, we just feel suitable to make jokes about JC because the Byble story is IMHO ridiculous, full of incongruences, not only in the "supernatural aspects", but also about historycal matters.

Edit: Fixed broken characters.

remixor:

--- Quote from: Farlander on 12 Nov 2003, 09:40 ---Well, considering that the most probably name of Jesus was problably Emmanuel, being Jeoshua Christ just a "nickname", I can´t see the harm of telling CJ JC.

In fact, it´s been allways very confusing for me that Christ was crossified, while the Jewish punishment was the stone throwing. That makes me feel that Jesus was actually the leader of a a revolutionary movement, reason why he was killed by romans, and all the Sanhedrín stuff was invented  by Saint Paul for making the new religion more suitable for Romans standarts. The scrolls of the Dead Sea make me being more secure of what I say.

So... Can someone be hurt because we say CJ, JC; the nickname of a revolutionary who died 2000 years ago by his terrorist acts, and who became famous in a decandent Empire by the words of a lier like Saint Paul? Me not.

Another thing is that you believe that we´re being offensive to everything "good" that that sorf of lies have became today. But we´re not attacking the filosophy, we just feel suitable to make jokes about JC because the Byble story is IMHO ridiculous, full of incongruences, not only in the "supernatural aspects", but also about historycal matters.

--- End quote ---

*remixor runs to escape the enormous post avalance that will inevitably occur due to Farlander*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version