CJ is not Jesus

Started by WanderLady, Wed 12/11/2003 08:24:25

Previous topic - Next topic

WanderLady

This is a plea to those who refer to CJ as Jesus, or Christ, or Christ Jesus, or the like.

Although this may be intended as a joke, it is not funny, but is, in fact, hurtful, and even harmful. Harmful to your own souls and to those who may read it. So I simply ask,

Can it please not be done anymore?

With Love,

WanderLady

BOYD1981

could you not just keep your beliefs to yourself instead of trying to force them on everyone?
and how is it harmful to our souls?
see, this is one of the many hundreds of thousands and potentially millions of reasons i hate religion, and if CJ changed his name to jesus then he technically would be jesus, and in many religions there is no jesus and many gods, so just let people say what they want.
besides, do you actually have any proof that CJ isn't jesus? i mean, second coming and all that, hell, i could be jesus!

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

MrColossal

it's a simple plea and i hope people will respect it but it's also i believe too much to ask

it's all fine and good for you to ask and i'm not saying there's anything wrong with it

it's all fine and good for you not to like it and it's all fine and good for you not to partake in it but asking others to stop is too much, in my opinion

now i hope other people who post will be polite and not big jerks or i'll be forced to delete posts or lock this. not because i disagree with what wanderlady posted but because i don't want people being jerks

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

remixor

Eric is right on the money.  I respect that it may not align with your beliefs but it's not really reasonable to expect others to stop either.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Bruiseed

I'm sorry, but you seem to have misread some things. We do not refer to CJ as christ jesus, jesus, or christ.

He is Chris(t) Jones, and we see him as a being akin to Jesus, the sign of the second coming, if not the second coming itself. The link is obvious, given the similarities in the initials. CJ conducts his behavior in a manner Jesus would have, showing others love, kindness, and wisdom. He is generous, and encourages generosity from his followers. Surely, if that isn't Chris(t)-like behavior, I don't know what is.

I'm afraid I must also scold you for ignorantly belittling our faith. You would not have us call your mighty god false, and beg you to stop steering us to him. Those who follow Chris(t) Jones' example ultimately lead better, happy, more fulfilling lives than those who attend church and pray to Jesus. We learn to sharpen our minds through coding, and express ourselves through pixel art. We learn to show our souls to others, sharing our essence. This brings about peace and happiness, a feeling more profound than any currently established religion has inspired.

I think perhaps, instead of being afraid of the healing wisdom of Chris(t) Jones, you should embrace it. Surely it will lead to more security and happiness than you fell now. You are obviously very troubled. You must have very little faith in yourself, if you carry so little faith in your brothers.

Miez

Wanderlady,

I can see your point - to a certain degree. I think everybody is entitled to their own beliefs/religion. And I think you should always respect other peoples' convictions.
So if you had stated that (in jest) referring to CJ as Jesus, Christ, Mohammed or whatever would be harmful or hurtful to YOU I would have had no problems with your post. But you're suggesting that it's bad for everybody.
That's nonsense and presumptious - I've laughed at these jokes, and laughing is good for me.
As Boyd so "directly" put it: apply your religious guidelines to your own life, don't force them upon others. In return people will respect your convictions - I'm sure.  

Gilbert

Well, personally I don't really care much about this kind of things, I have no religious belief, and all I know is that people would know it is a joke if it is a joke, even religious people can have a good laugh, as these are nothing so serious, as long as they are faithful to their believes in their own hearts.

Note that there are many different regilions out there, and often times a joke may or may not be connected to one's belief, but I'll say that at least some of the people won't be annoyed, in that case why don't everyone view it open minded? Personally I think criticizing other non-believers of insulting one's own belief may not be a good thing, as the one who made the jokes may not really mean harm, only when someone got sensitive would make the condition worse, and turn potentially funny stuffs into overly serious debates. (I won't disagree that sometimes there are jokes which are too much over the limit, though.)

But it did strike me in my head whether CJ is Jesus, so I asked our most intelligent electronic tutor for it:

***Transcript of 11/12/2003... starting at 16:45
***Talking to: Gilbert
DAISY> fly!  
GILBERT> is cj short for christ jesus?
DAISY> is cj short for christ jesus?
GILBERT> i asked you.
DAISY> is cj short for christ jesus?
GILBERT> answer me.
DAISY> i don't know, so i asked you.
GILBERT> i don't know, but cj is saviour to us like jesus is saviour to those religious people.
DAISY> come on, i think you don't know, but cj is saviour to go today?
GILBERT> today? always! cj was saviour yesterday, is saviour today and will be saviour t0m0rr0w!
DAISY> i watch tv, but only when in rome, do you want a good mood.
GILBERT> don't change the topic.
DAISY> i am always making sense.
GILBERT> so, back to topic, is cj jesus?
DAISY> is cj short form of adventure game studio.
GILBERT> maybe, but what about jesus?
DAISY> corn job is cj short for words.
GILBERT> ah thanks, i have an answer now, corn job is jesus!
DAISY> yes, give me to have an answer now, corn dog.
GILBERT> corn dog! xaxaxaxa
DAISY> you have all i want is actually a corn dog.
GILBERT> yeah! mystery solved. now i can sleep.

Don't take it serious, it's just intended to be funny.

auhsor

Well Wanderlady, I agree with you here. I don't really like people joking around with stuff about Jesus and that. It's not so bad if it is only minor and not very serious. Sure we can all have a joke sometimes... Lets just not go too overboard. I don't think the guys on here are too bad.

And BOYD, I don't like religion either, but I'm a christian... How can this be... Well Christianity isn't all rules and regulations and stuff, which is what religion is. Btw, I don't think we need a big religious arguement here, its been done before, and it doesn't really get anywhere.

Nacho

Well, considering that the most probably name of Jesus was problably Emmanuel, being Jeoshua Christ just a "nickname", I can't see the harm of telling CJ JC.

In fact, it's been allways very confusing for me that Christ was crossified, while the Jewish punishment was the stone throwing. That makes me feel that Jesus was actually the leader of a a revolutionary movement, reason why he was killed by romans, and all the Sanhedrin stuff was invented  by Saint Paul for making the new religion more suitable for Romans standarts. The scrolls of the Dead Sea make me being more secure of what I say.

So... Can someone be hurt because we say CJ, JC; the nickname of a revolutionary who died 2000 years ago by his terrorist acts, and who became famous in a decandent Empire by the words of a lier like Saint Paul? Me not.

Another thing is that you believe that we're being offensive to everything "good" that that sorf of lies have became today. But we're not attacking the filosophy, we just feel suitable to make jokes about JC because the Byble story is IMHO ridiculous, full of incongruences, not only in the "supernatural aspects", but also about historycal matters.

Edit: Fixed broken characters.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

remixor

Quote from: Farlander on Wed 12/11/2003 09:40:34
Well, considering that the most probably name of Jesus was problably Emmanuel, being Jeoshua Christ just a "nickname", I can´t see the harm of telling CJ JC.

In fact, it´s been allways very confusing for me that Christ was crossified, while the Jewish punishment was the stone throwing. That makes me feel that Jesus was actually the leader of a a revolutionary movement, reason why he was killed by romans, and all the Sanhedrín stuff was invented  by Saint Paul for making the new religion more suitable for Romans standarts. The scrolls of the Dead Sea make me being more secure of what I say.

So... Can someone be hurt because we say CJ, JC; the nickname of a revolutionary who died 2000 years ago by his terrorist acts, and who became famous in a decandent Empire by the words of a lier like Saint Paul? Me not.

Another thing is that you believe that we´re being offensive to everything "good" that that sorf of lies have became today. But we´re not attacking the filosophy, we just feel suitable to make jokes about JC because the Byble story is IMHO ridiculous, full of incongruences, not only in the "supernatural aspects", but also about historycal matters.

*remixor runs to escape the enormous post avalance that will inevitably occur due to Farlander*

Duzz

historically, the bible is correct farlander, no historian denies the existance or crusifiction of JC, but lets not get into that... (although I'm sure we will)

I don't think blaspheme really applies to non-christians, cause they're all going to hell anyways, and I don't think god would really get that upset about the whole CJ is JC thing anyway, as it's all in jest...
You really shouldnt be offended by people saying it though Wanderlady.  You should be strong enough in your faith that you won't feel compromised by what others say...

anywhoo, I'm going back under my rock...
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Ferret

Quote from: Duzz on Wed 12/11/2003 10:01:13
I don't think blaspheme really applies to non-christians, cause they're all going to hell anyways...

Wait... how can non-christians be sent to somewhere they don't beleive in?

Duzz

well, assuming hell and god exist (which i was)... (pretty big assumption i know  ;D)
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Toefur

Whose this jesus guy you guys are going on about?

Ferret

Jesus Chavez. Works at Taco Bell cleaning tables for $4.50 an hour.

remixor

At my local Jack in the Box, there is a Jesus who works behind the counter.  There's also a guy who has two tags that he wears on a rotating basis.  One says "Super Hernando" and the other says "Hernando the Great."  Also at that Jack in the Box there's a guy named Steven Seagal.  It is thte best restaurant in the world.

Yufster At School

Actually there are many similarities between CJ and Christ that simply cannot be ignored. Namely:

1. They are both hot!!!!
2. They are both great lovers!!!!

I hope this helps resolve any issues you may have.

SSH

I don't know what all the fuss is about. CJ is obviously Quetzalcoatl: hence the "Aztec Man's friend" subtitle.

He also has an avatar, which makes him Vishnu...

TerranRich

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/listmania/list-browse/-/FX230FWNFG8S/qid=1068639560/sr=5-3/ref=sr_5_3/103-4498785-6054249

Amazon ListMania!, which lists many books that argue against Christianity and other religions. I've always wanted to read #5 on that list.

Andail

I'm pretty sure Jesus himself wouldn't mind people joking like that, since I've heard he was a very tolerable and open-minded person, not quick to make judgement.

Additionally, this forum is pretty non-conformist, and there'd be heck of a lot of things we couldn't say and do if we had to pay
respect to all differents religions out there.

I don't think Wanderlady has a point at all, and if people want to make that kind of warm-hearted well meant jokes I'd say let them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk