Dale's Film Quest

Started by unpredictabletwist, Thu 13/11/2003 06:37:40

Previous topic - Next topic

unpredictabletwist

You're a young filmmaker, who's working on a project for school. Could there be any more of a dull and overused plot? Maybe, just maybe, if I threw in a toolbox or two, plus a bad case of amnesia.
Hm. The art style, in my opinion, is pretty unique and cool. But what do I know, I'm a moron. The music is also quite well-picked. The puzzles are extremely simple, and I realize there are quite a few faults. But keep in mind, this is my first game. And criticsm, even the constructive type, won't be of much use here, as I won't be making any improved versions of this game. I'm gonna leave it how it is, and I know everything that's wrong with it, so don't bother telling me. I hope you enjoy it.
http://www.geocities.com/unpredictabletwist/dale.zip
Righto. Enjoy.
-Me

shbaz

Well, I do have one suggestion that I think is pretty essential, and that is to make sure the link works before you post it..  ???
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Gilbert

Actually the link should work, at least while dragging it to the address bar, the only problem was that his site had the max. transfer bandwidth exceeded, so you (I) may need to try again later.

Duzz

the link worked for me when i dragded it.

i loved some of the interactions, like the one for the arial view of the pier, and that 'arcade sequence' =) so keep makeing games...
i like playing the really amature ones as much as the more proffesional ones a lot of the time.
I won't make any suggestions, cause as you said, you already know the flaws, and it's your game, you're right to not want to change it... Fight the Power!   or something...

duzz out.
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

unpredictabletwist

Yikes...sorry about the link...
I'm glad you liked it, though.

Dave Gilbert

How bout a screenshot or two?

unpredictabletwist

SSH

My eyes hurt! That paintpot icon on your paint program is flood-fill, by the way.

Czar

yeah, i think its cool... unique...
Reminds me of crayons...
Maybe that technique you should use next time :).
Maybe Photoshop has the ability.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

remixor

Wow... that must have taken quite a long time, I imagine.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Czar

I dont think it should take too much, i think its less time than working with layers and IMO its better than plain floodfill
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Gilbert

Actually I like that style, that makes your game's graphics stand out from others.

Heh reminds me of the good old time when there's no flood fill function in Whiteboard...

boobsucker

ACH MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

unpredictabletwist

Oh, I apologize, do your eyes hurt? Perhaps you should think about getting them checked. Perhaps afterwards you'll be able to comprehend originality, rather than the same thing over and over.

TheDude

Quote from: unpredictabletwist on Mon 17/11/2003 18:59:40
Oh, I apologize, do your eyes hurt? Perhaps you should think about getting them checked. Perhaps afterwards you'll be able to comprehend originality, rather than the same thing over and over.

But what do you know, you're a "moron".

boobsucker

It's not my fault your pictures look like you drawed it with a pencil stuck between your ass cheeks.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

<Big laugh> Hey, come on people, let'«s not get into a fight! Sure, it's an eye-watering style, but the guy had the guts to try something new!

Actually, I think it might work pretty well. I haven't played much of it yet (but enough to say there ought to be a few more animations - it's really painfull to have a non-walking character), just a matter of time. If you've got any more projects, don't hesitate to use (and improve) your style, if it jibes with the rest of the game. From what I've seen, I think it works with Dale.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk