Author Topic: The Hop Garden (updated 13 Nov 03)  (Read 3067 times)

The Hop Garden (updated 13 Nov 03)
« on: 16 Nov 2003, 10:50 »
13. 12. 2003 (a little bit later :)
----------------------------
Three new shots of the main character. Enjoy...

13. 12. 2003
Two new screenshots show the main menu and inventory. I'll post some pics of characters soon - the game definitely will NOT be in first person, but I think that characters made in Poser should fit its style much more than the character on the previous shots...

30. 11. 2003
I have some new screens for you, there is also the hop garden itself and the new interface we made for the game. Enjoy...

22. 11. 2003
The graphics are almost finished, we're now working on the dabing and started scripting the game itself in AGS. You can expect a demoversion with the first chapter soon, but I'm afraid there will be only czech version available at first, but I'll try to translate it to english as soon as possible.

16. 11. 2003
Finally I got to work on a game based on my brigade work on hop fields... it will be a funny game in czech and english, the graphics are in 3D MAX. This isn't the final art that will appear in the game, just work version, but you can give suggestions...

http://chmelnica.bonusweb.cz
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2003, 20:36 by Tomus »

oscar

• I'm the king of the bass guitar
Re:The Hop Garden screenshots
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2003, 13:52 »
I love it! will the game be in 1st person? otherwise, please make the character in 2d =)

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2003, 14:15 »
I'm not still definitely decided, but the game should be 1st person...

Soon, I'll post the english version of the intro texts, so you'll have a chance to judge the level of humor in the game...

Inkoddi

• LET ME OUT
« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2003, 15:00 »
I like the bottom one, but the top one makes my eyes hurt. It looks like there's a huge spotlight in the back. Is that red lamp the only source of light? If so, you should change the lightning a bit...

« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2003, 16:47 »
Ikoddi - yes, you're right... the shading will be different in the final version of this room...

« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2003, 16:49 »

« Reply #6 on: 16 Nov 2003, 16:53 »
If any of you speak czech (which isn't very probable, I know), you can try http://chmelnica.bonusweb.cz - it's the official homepage. I promise I'll make an english version soon.

Kweepa

• Mutated Guano Deviser
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2009, for his modules and plugins
    • Kweepa worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #7 on: 17 Nov 2003, 07:17 »

Damn, I like Czech beer.
I hope this game isn't going to put me off it.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Minimi

• I'm looking blue, but I'm really happy!
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with story design
    • I can help with web design
Re:The Hop Garden intro+screens
« Reply #8 on: 17 Nov 2003, 15:47 »
Hey, I've been once on vacation to Prague, in Czech... and I loved that beer!!! I still can remember the name... Staropramen! :) I bought like 20 liters and smuggled it to holland :D It's soooo cheap there!

But anyway... I like the screenshots, and I think you modelled the beds very nice. It gives me a very anno2003 feeling .... dunno why?!  ???

So keep up the good work!! Cheers!

« Reply #9 on: 17 Nov 2003, 17:15 »
Hm, Staropramen, that's one of the best, but I would suggest you even more the Gambrinus or Pilsner Urquell (which are from Plzeň, Staropramen is from Prague). These are our best beers :o)
But you're right that the beer is very cheap in Czech republic - and I hope it won't change by joining the EU...

jaz

• Mamma MIA!
« Reply #10 on: 17 Nov 2003, 17:40 »

« Reply #11 on: 17 Nov 2003, 18:30 »
Jaz, it's even worse than you think - we were only between 15 and 16 when we were in Knezeves... but that didn't stop us from drinking five or six beers a day (there were also guys who did ten each day, but the majority wasn't such mad... :o)

Minimi

• I'm looking blue, but I'm really happy!
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with story design
    • I can help with web design
« Reply #12 on: 17 Nov 2003, 19:38 »
tnx for the advice jazz and tomus! I was only like 14 years old, and my first time getting drunk was in prague. So I just thought it was real czech beer...argh....

Is Czech joining the EU?? Doomed!! EU sucks... it's much better to see a country with their own money... and yes... the beer price will become much more expensive if they join the EU! :(

« Reply #13 on: 17 Nov 2003, 20:51 »
So the homepage now offers also a very limited english version, so don't hesitate to see http://chmelnica.bonusweb.cz

« Reply #14 on: 24 Nov 2003, 22:22 »
Expect new screenshot to come at the weekend. They will show also some new rooms.

« Reply #15 on: 30 Nov 2003, 15:14 »
So the sreens are here. What do you think about them?

« Reply #16 on: 30 Nov 2003, 19:44 »
very good screens, but im sorry to say that in my opinion the character totally ruins them. I think you should go for a style much like myst totally in first person, im sorry to say this but i think it'd improve it soo much.

« Reply #17 on: 30 Nov 2003, 21:45 »
I can see only two problems with the character:
- he doesn't have a shadow, but the environment is shaded pretty well on my opinion. But that is a problem I'm not able to solve... I don't know how to get shadows into the AGS.
- he doesn't have enough polygons, so he doesn't look as good as hand-drawn ones, but that should be improved

jaz

• Mamma MIA!
« Reply #18 on: 01 Dec 2003, 15:02 »

« Reply #19 on: 01 Dec 2003, 21:49 »
Hm, I don't know if the Myst style would be so much better as you present it. But honestly, I promise I'll think about it and test it a bit... thanks for your suggestions and comments