Adventure Games Award

Started by Reven, Thu 20/11/2003 13:53:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Hi, go visit http://www.adventuregamesaward.tk

I hope you will "join" and try to win the prices...

Minimi

euhm.. wasn't there already the AGS awards, by DGMacphee, if I'm right?

Secondly.. I think the site is vague on alot of issues.
How to post your game? What are the prizes? What language is the text on downloads :p? Why another ags-awards, if it already excists?

n3tgraph

I just love the download page :P

btw, is there a new month called mars?  ;D

sorry, dude, but there are AGS awards already
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Captain Mostly

btw when ARE the next AGS awards? I REALLY hope I win SOMETHING this year...

SSH

Quote from: Captain Mostly on Thu 20/11/2003 17:13:43
btw when ARE the next AGS awards? I REALLY hope I win SOMETHING this year...

VPXT 1 & 2 must be a shoe-in for the non-adventure award

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Minimi on Thu 20/11/2003 14:07:22
euhm.. wasn't there already the AGS awards, by DGMacphee, if I'm right?

Secondly.. I think the site is vague on alot of issues.
How to post your game? What are the prizes? What language is the text on downloads :p? Why another ags-awards, if it already excists?

I believe that this deals with every amateur adventure game, not just AGS games.

Ishmael

I must say... Intreresting... if someone speaks swedish (the swedish people and some finns perhaps), you should get what I mean when I make a little addition: Inte-resting. That make sense? Whatever, nevermind...

I think the font is too dark. I can't see approx. nothing on this monitor... I must highlight the text so I can read it without getting my eyes goddam sour... But the downloads page is excellent! :P
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

DragonRose

Dave:

QuoteAssassination Adventure Games Award is a award we give to the best homemade adventure game in the world (Only games made with the engine AGS).

From the about page.

If I understand correctly (based on the trophies for each month), this is more of a monthly thing, as opposed to the annual AGS awards.  But I don't think enough games get released in a month to make for any really heavy duty competition.

It's a good idea; it's just that it's so good it's already been done.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Czar

wouldn't it be cool if another AGS community would exist somewhere, and we didn't know about it... With lots of games and its own Flippy that always makes links into pictures, and a DG that pretends to be someone else, and mods... and his girls, and everyone....
And the would live underground...and everyone could fly and be happy, yeah right....
I talk nonsense.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Squinky

Har! coolest download page so far...

TerranRich

Ooh, like an alternate AGS forum? Like an evil parallel universe AGS forum?? That would rock...

Hmm, I'll go find one... ;)

Matt Brown

what teh hell....I cant win any blue cup...might as well enter this..
word up

shbaz

I think the world is overcrowded with awards for things, but at least in the grammys, emmys, tonys, academy awards, mtv, country music, fox, etc. etc. etc.... you actually get a physical award. I think one or maybe two award sites is enough. More than that is ridiculous, because every one of us has the ability to put up an awards site, make a mini "award" graphic, and throw awards at whomever we choose. I think I'll give myself a few, in fact. If people actually got a prize of some sort (besides the honor of placing your lovely 23kb of self-gratification on their website) it might be cooler..

Besides, do you think you could make the site a bit more attractive.. it's a bit low on the content and visual appeal side.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Gilbert

;D Actually there's always room for awards, how about a Mappomedia award?

Evil

And the Mappomedia award goes to...
**opens envelope**
M3 60D D/-\/\/\ /\/ 17!!!1111

LordHart

Quote from: Czar on Thu 20/11/2003 19:51:43
wouldn't it be cool if another AGS community would exist somewhere, and we didn't know about it... With lots of games and its own Flippy that always makes links into pictures, and a DG that pretends to be someone else, and mods... and his girls, and everyone....
And the would live underground...and everyone could fly and be happy, yeah right....
I talk nonsense.

Holy shit... I started writing a Bluecup script last night where there was an opposite of Bluecup, with their own m0ds and all the characters in the other scripts...

...thats just too freaky! :o

remixor

WAS IT CALLED YELLOWCUP!?!?!?!?   IF IT IS, THAT IS EVEN FREAKIER!!!!!11111189
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

LordHart

Captain Mostly

Shoein or no, I STILL don't know when the official ones take place...

Goldmund

I say, this Adventure Games Award is better than the one made by DG, because it has assasins in it.
I declare DG a half-wit for overlooking such an important aspect of any Adventures Games Awards ceremony.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk