Razors in the Night!

Started by piraatlife4me, Wed 05/11/2003 06:36:40

Previous topic - Next topic

piraatlife4me

Hey Everybody! I am just posting some screenshots of my very first AGS game that I have been working on for the past months.  It's called Razors in the Night, it's going to be in 320 x 240 screen resolution, and the demo should be released sometime I am hoping around early december.  The story takes place in a run- down ghetto city called Brookside County.  In Brookside county there is a lot of crime (drugs, gangs, homicides, prostitution etc.) but one of the city's police departments biggest problems is controling a local teenage group of punkrockers.  The game takes place on a Saturday night where this time the punks may have gone a little too far this time!  You control the main character of Knox in his desperate attempt to clear his and his friends name of all criminal activity before it's too late!
Thats the main idea of the story.  Expect this game to be pretty big in size because I am making just a demo and I have a lot of rooms, art, and characters so far.  Below are some screens for everyone to check out.   Please let me know what you think!  I would love to hear some feedback, thanks!

Daniel
Winebarger

Fizz

looks great.

are you active in the punk enviroment yourself?

oscar

yeah it looks very cool....

piraatlife4me

Thanks! I am pleased to hear you guys are diggin on my screens!  Since I started this project I havent had much of a life lately.  I myself am pretty much still into punk.  I am a little older now so I kinda grew out of dressing the part.  (Mainly because you have to get a real job and be taken more seriously in life). But being a punk isnt just a costume it's a way of thinking, and a lifestyle.  I will probably always be a punk at heart, or at least still collect old punk vinyl.  I decided to choose punk rock as sort of a theme for my game because I have never really seen it done before in a video or computer game.  Punks in movies and games is always stero typed as bullies, and trouble makers even though that might be almost true there is still alot more there to see.
Well thanks again guys and make sure to let me know what you think when I finish the demo alright.

Daniel
Winebarger

oscar

I like punk too...the game athmosphere looks great

Snake

Good looking game you've got going, I like the plot :)
The only thing that kind of bothers me (but isn't a big deal) is that the colors are bright and distracting.

Can't wait for the demo :D

ARGH, ME EYES ARE MELTING!!!1

har

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

|Alky|

Your Wayne's World reference (No playing stairway to heaven) makes you entitled to recieve one lifetime's worth of respect and admiration from me... ^_^

Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

jason

Jason proclaims "no playing stairway to heaven allowed"... Ahem, where's my lifetime's worth of respect and admiration?

piraatlife4me: the game looks very promising. I love the amount of detail you put into your art.

...still waiting, Alky.

piraatlife4me

Hey Guys Thanks alot for checking it out!  I am pleased to hear you guys like the screens.  I definitely will update this spot on the form often with my progress on the game.  And I will let you guys know as the demo done so you can check it out. Again thanks for your positive support!  
Daniel
Winebarger

Rincewind

Yeah, I like the look of it as well - The graphics give me a cool, old-school sierra-vibe... Very nice!  
I hope the bands featured will be more old-school punk? The Clash, Pistols, The Damned, right? Perhaps even Ramones or Dead Kennedys, eh? :)
...One can always hope...  Hehe...

And that's cool of you to use the Iron Maiden font in the Rock Shop as well...

Tarantula

There's something in that oldschoolish, gritty, colourful look that really pleases my eyes. I like it just the way it is. I'm more of a metalhead myself, but hey, punk will do just fine :)

Looking forward to this one.

Czar

The guy on the left, Clockworx Orange?(sp)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk