Sam & Moos and the treasure of grandpa (DEMO)

Started by Minimi, Fri 21/11/2003 11:54:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimi

I started with AGS in May this year, and in June I started with Sam&Moos. And due to being very lazy, I guess... the demo, is getting released now in November. Well... this is my second game, because I also made Puddy Penguin.

Prologue
Sam & Moos  are brother and sister, and they are for a few days at the house of grandpa. A few months ago, when they also went to grandpa, he told them a story, about a treasure in the house, that is over 300 years old. The treasure belonged to Hugo, a grand, grand, grand, grand, grand, grand, grandpa of Sam & Moos, and he smuggled it during the invasion on earth.
Sam wants to find it, and is going to search the house until he finds the treasure!

Game Facts
7 Rooms 320x200
3 Characters
Animated objects
Own GUI
Funny puzzles
Funny dialogs
Background MIDI "Lynard Skynard - Sweet Home Alabama" (In the full version I'm making my own midi's :) )

Screenshots

The living room

The Kitchen

Final word
I haven't yet beta-tested the game, so it could be possible that there are bugs in the game. If you find one, please report me, and also PLEASE tell me what you think of the game, because I think I need to hear that. I'm a bit doubting about the whole concept, if it's OK enough.
PS : The menu when the game starts does not work yet, just click anywhere with the mousebutton!

Well have fun playing the game!

Links

Download link : Sam&Moos Download

Company website link : Solidus Software

PureGhostGR

Nice!! I like the attention to detail. The gui on top looks great!

A bug report:

Spoiler
When I walk to the lower exit on the kitchen room, the character gets stuck and repeats the same message over and over. I cleaned the floor already.
[close]

Minimi

The bug should now be fixed! I forgot to move the character before showing the message ;)

scotch

Notice this forum is for 'Completed Games' so this should be in the games in production thread for your game.

Timosity

I just downloaded it then and had the same problem as pureghostgr, note the time of this post and when you posted the update, so it's still not fixed

Spoiler
also in the first room, if you walk down the bottom of screen, you are infront of the background, that's an easy fix, also the windows open and close but you don't walk to them (could just be the style you want)
[close]

looks interesting, but I guess you need to update it before I can get any further.

good stuff, I d/l again when it's updated.

Minimi

I fixed the following bugs :

- Game won't hang when you enter the stairs
- Sam now walks to a window before he opens it
- Fixed walkbehind in room1

here a hint, in case you get stuck.
Spoiler

Goto the livingroom and are you sure you checked everything out at the bookcase? There are alot of books!
[close]

After

Spoiler
The bookshelf was fun, but if there's some hint in it I must have missed it.

Walkie-talkie=paperclip? When I ran out of things to try, I used the walkie-talkie on the wardrobe, and Sam said "I'll just use this paperclip..."

Maybe that's what you mean by the bookshelf. I'll have to check.
[close]

Minimi

Quote from: After on Sat 22/11/2003 09:21:52
Spoiler
The bookshelf was fun, but if there's some hint in it I must have missed it.

Walkie-talkie=paperclip? When I ran out of things to try, I used the walkie-talkie on the wardrobe, and Sam said "I'll just use this paperclip..."

Maybe that's what you mean by the bookshelf. I'll have to check.
[close]

hmm, that's a bug! read below, So when you use the walkietalkie to the wardrobe it opens??? It should only open with the paperclip... now read below how to get the paperclip.

Spoiler

At the bookshelf, there is a walkthrough book, and you need to pick use the hand on these blue books, on the second last shelve from bottom. Now you  look in your inventory to the walkthrough and you'll find a paperclip to open the wardrobe with.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk